Wuxia, xianxia and xuanhuan

anyone on this board read this type of shit or am i doomed to never have anyone to discuss it with

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6bcBWenOfR0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is this supposed to be user? I'm not familiar with it.

U should not bs reading this if you were born before 2001

Why is that?

very good webnovels, basically chinese fantasy stories with a much longer length than western novels

the website wuxiaworld has heaps of them, this specific one is coiling dragon

yeah why

Is it like generic fantasy? That's what it seems like.

most of these novels have the same kind of power system but slight changes in it, basically its called cultivation and about becoming immortal.

coiling dragon is one of the different novels with a more western theme to it but is a good one to start with

there is one novel called i shall seal the heavens which is definitely one of the top tier novels

One user is a big fan of Jin Yong. You seem to be talking about something altogether trashier though.

the term wuxia has been appropriated by trashy web novels that are largely self insert fa fiction and naruto/etc. esque narratives

which sucks because everyone should real wuxia like jin yong and gu long. the owner of wuxiaworld renwoxing took his name from a jinyong character actually.

there are two gu long novels translated on wuxiaworld read those.

op if you learn chink you can read 1. the better ones 2. understand the jokes better 3. find 100 million chinks who love this kinda shit. this is the chink equivalent of harry potter desu.

nigga read Legend of the Condor Heroes and tell me it's generic fantasy

legend of the condor heroes = wuxia
99% of whats on wuxiaworld and what gaijin mean when they say "wuxia" = not wuxia
see: OP

>featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series

>magic system
>becoming immortal

So it is generic fantasy then.

op i think you should consider suicide

>very good

99% of wuxias are inane garbage. They're about as compelling as Fairy Tail in novel form. The worst thing is the authors shamelessly steal from each other to the point that it's too embarassing to stomach and you end up dropping whichever wuxia you were reading.

Sounds like something I would be in to (Because I am in to shitty genre fiction.) Are most of these sort of stories in english?

that's like asking if most fanfiction.net stories are in chinese

Warlock of the magus world fag here, literally looking for something as good.

Personally, I thought wuxia was the term for Hong Kong martial arts movies, or at least some HK movie genre.

Well, generic Chinese fantasy. That use asian myths.

Akwardly.

I want to shit on you for liking garbage chink novels, but I'm no better myself.

I only consume wuxia in puppet form
youtube.com/watch?v=6bcBWenOfR0

I know nothing about wuxia, but someone posted this on Veeky Forums and i thought it was interesting.

Jesus man, how come you've managed to keep on reading it?
I dropped it around chapter 500, does it break pace on the later chapters or is it more keikaku central?

We all have our guilty pleasures after all

It got pretty good again
Feels like the beginning of the story