Speed reading

>200 WPM
>100% comprehension
readingsoft.com/

I'm really curious as to what Veeky Forums's score is

I got 455 and 64% but in my defence I'm pretty wrecked right now, I can barely process what's going on in this shitty TV show I'm watching.

I've got up to 900 or so with 100% but that's with narratives rather than non-fiction (the staples version of the test), so more my strong suit.

Around 360 and 75%
my reading is fine and i skim through useless data but lack the comprehension

>take staples test
>average college reader is 800 wpm
Seriously?

i got 15,000 wpm but thats because i cheated

424% with 91% comprehension

mostly skimmed because people who care about how fast they read are entirely missing the point

Reading speed is a thing.
Speed reading isn't.
It's skimming. You don't look at each words, and let your brain fill the blanks to get an idea of what was said. Skimming as it's uses when you're looking for where it talks about a particular information or to review things you've already read, but it's really not a way to become a better writer (unless your goal is to get a better feel for the overall structure of a book).

321 and 91%
English isn't my first language. I don't know if that is relevant

>speed reading
Sip and savor. Don't gulp. Gulping is for airport novels.

334 wpm with 64% comprehension.
but to be fair most of that information was useless so I didn't need to store it

239 wpm 100% comprehension. Not too fast but I'm happy with it for being on mobile

Wow you could read Infinite Jest in under an hour

10 trillion wpm >9000% comprehension
*reads everything*
heh nothin personel kid

320wpm and 55% comprehension

345 at 82% comprehension although my fat thumb hit the wrong answer for number 11 and I read at a far lower pace when I'm reading for pleasure.

Slower*

>202
>91
>Got the Reading speed of a driver question wrong

What the fuck. how was I supposed to know.

470 with 91%.

Life is too short for that. I guess you're a bitter brainlet who can't speed read without losing comprehension.

405, 73%

I was extremely stressed the whole time

Simple comprehension is not the point. You can look at any famous painting for a split second and say "oh it's a woman/a landscape/a horse/flowers" but you need to look at it longer than that to really appreciate it.

Indeed it is not the point. I comprehend more than you about classical literature, because I have read literally all of it (what survives of it, anyway). If I hadn't speed read, I would still be reading.

How the fuck am I supposed to know how fast a racecar driver speaks

900+ WPM isn't even possible due to the limitations of the eye.

You mean it's not possible with your subhuman genetics.

I got 8804wpm, 81% comprehension, I just looked at the title and skimmed some words, then went for the quiz which was as basic as it gets, bad test.

>I just looked at the title and skimmed some words
Congratulations, you've mastered speed reading.

Congratulations, you can passively absorb airport novels.

I guessed it. I knew it can't be 200 because that was already an answer for something else.

It would take you several centuries to read all that I've read. If you truly want to understand and know everything, there is no choice but to speed read.

>I know a bunch of stuff I don't understand.
I know you're probably young and trolling, but seriously. Skimming as it's uses to give an overview of something, but as long as you keep it on this a level, your knowledge will remain superficial.

>330
>73%
On mobile if that counts

It's hard to accept but some people are orders than magnitude smarter than you: my understanding is very deep.

346 wpm with 91% comprehension
That feel when you still subvocalize like some chimp

Don't sweat it, any sentence that isn't a shitpost I have to read three times minimum, usually in short parts.

300 wpm 80%
Im a stemfag, so reading slowly (as in forcing myself) is actually more helpful for me desu. Not sure how others do it.

400 wpm
79% comprehension

:)

Sub (at least) vocalizing is the only way you'll ever understand rythm and style. If you want to be a good writer, mumble. A lot.

Fuck off with speed reading, do you watch youtube videos on 2x the speed to save time as well?

Some MOOCs and talking head stuff, yeah.

Must be sweet. How should one live, my man?

I don't give a shit about that, I read for pure information

Then just read more. The more you read, the faster you'll eventually be able to go.

>tfw speed reading poetry without sub-vocalizing

nothing personnel kids

446 - 82, and that was painful. wouldve stopped, based on interest level, during the second paragraph. absolutely revolting prose, why not get someone competent to write it?

I'm a shitty oral reader because english is not my mother tongue. Feels pleb man.

>146
>82%

Speed reading is about as useful as speed masturbating

496 wpm, 82% comprehension.

I imagine that if this were material I was interested in, and it were a longer text giving me time to "get into it", those scores would go up and vice versa.

It's also dependent upon mood, font, how tired the subject is...

Whoa...