Do you read on the beach Veeky Forums?

Do you read on the beach Veeky Forums?

Nothing better than the ambient ocean waves and gull calls to go with a book, personally.

Why would anyone do that? That's stupid. You're fucking stupid.

Anyone living less than 300 feet above sea level is living in denial of the true climate picture. Beaches are crowded, stinky, and trashed filled. Have you ever even seen a beach Neetfest?

overrated

I listen to ocean sounds with headphones when I read in order to drown out my tinnitus. Pretty cool.

The wind blows fucking sand between the pages of my book

Not by choice, I'm living about 20 feet above sea level and maybe 50 feet from the beach. I happen to agree with this statement.

No. Sand. Dogs. Wind. Unpleasant place to read. Hate the beach immensely.

stay in your basement slob

>Beaches are crowded, stinky, and trashed filled

lol

>being this sheltered and ignorant

The beaches in Hawaii and Thailand are trashed, so its hard to imagine it's all gravy-farts in Bora Bora.

Wrong. You’ve either never ventured out or you don’t have friends. The fact that you don’t know where the good beaches are shows how lame your ass is.

>Expecting anyone on this board to read anywhere beyond the safety of their bedroom

sand sucks

for reading outside I'd rather do it in a grassy field or on a bench in the woods

I read in the cupboard under the stairs, where I have a little bookshelf and a pile of cosy blankets and cushions, or on the upstairs living room sofa, with the cat curled beside me. And in summer, I read out under the dappled shade of the big old gum tree, lying in the grass.

I don't particularly enjoy reading in my room.

The beach just sucks because it's too exposed, and when you sit down you're at the level where the loose dry sand getting whipped along by the wind best gets in your eyes.

Mother Fucker go watch some Youtube. Any beach without plastic on it has been cleaned by humans. Wants to argue the definition of trashed.

>oligarch beach
kill yourself

>sand sucks
Just get a beach chair, you dingus.

This parallel has occurred to me. The cupboard under the stairs is mine by virtue of connecting to my wardrobe, and I happen to like small dark places under the right circumstances.

Having spent time on beaches in both Vanuatu and Rarotonga (proximity means that other than Australia, the Islands are the easiest place to visit overseas, and fuck Australia, everything there wants to kill you) beaches like this are awful places to read. First, that lovely white sand is made up of coarse dead coral and is not soft at all. It's like sitting in gravel. And if you're there at the wrong time of day, near when the tide changes, all these little crabs will be out and about, moving from the shrubs on the shoreline to the water or back again and there's hundreds of them and they might not be much bigger than your big toe but they're freaky as heck and they do still have pinchers.

Second, the humidity is terrible, even in the shade. You'll spend five minutes trying to read before going off to find your togs to go swimming, and even then the water will be lukewarm but at least you won't be sweltering in air so wet your sweat won't even dry.

In theory you can drag out a beach chair, but not without looking like a moron because no one else is using them, and even then you're going to have to drag it around as the sun moves because if you're out in the direct sunlight trying to read you'll dehydrate into a raisin.

And there's still dogs because stray dogs are a massive issue in the islands, so you'll absolutely get hassled by one or two skinny mutts with badly fly-blown ears who will wander up to you hoping for any scraps of food you might have.

0/10 would not recommend.

I feel like you've got this romantic idea of how it might be, but no comprehension of the reality because you live some place 10 hours' drive from any beach and have no concept of the true awfulness of the place.

Trust me, I've lived on the edge of one for 22 years. They aren't what they seem.

Who's the lameass sheltered whore now? Try a beach near any fishery: Stink City unless the wind is up. Any temperate beach you would want to read on is crowded. You're a real piece of work. Put down your travel brochure and wake the fuck up.

In the car? Yes
Otherwise it's impossible since its always windy as fuck