twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone has Chinese?

not OP but bumping for Veeky Forums guide to German
also why isn't this in the wiki/sticky?

Thank you
Please post more

>French
Such an effeminate language. I hate it

Does anyone have something like this for Latin, Ancient Greek and the other classical languages?

Why that is the most pretentious thing you can do. It has no practical application

>painstakingly type out mega link
>content taken down for violating ToS
Also bumping for the rest of these

>tfw learning Classics is pretentious

>it's pretentious to learn the foundation

you're on a site of effeminate boys who masturbate to hermaphrodites

don't sorry, only solid latin resource I know of is wheelock's latin, which I'll be starting soon

>you should only do things that are a means to an end

kys

the shitty thing about Spanish is that it usually gives lessons for Euro Spanish, and then the Latins where I live here in California act like snobby shits because I'm not speaking their dialect

French for Reading needs to be on here

Here is an infographic that will teach you Russian better than any book or professor can.

Read it well

Anyone have German?

anyone tried the dowling method for learning latin? Is it effective?

/djt/

This. If you want to read French just get this book.

Here you go.

guide to learning Japanese

Go to school. Eastern asian languages are legit hard as fuck for any of the germanic speakers. Of course, if you're a NEET you have the time to devote to that at home.

It's just a way of making the Lingua Latina books quicker and more effective since you won't have to memorize the declensions and conjugations while reading. The books themselves are well regarded and will certainly teach you Latin, so I don't see why the method wouldn't work. But I doubt they would work for an autodidact if you only use the two main readers, so you should pick up some of the supplementary books. Here's a link to the series:
hackettpublishing.com/lingua-latina-per-se-illustrata-series

this shit is god-tier. i did one chapter everyday until i finished (i think it took like a month) plus supplemental vocab and speaking stuff. made YEARS of progress in one fucking month. i can't believe this method isn't more widely known.

Where to find this for a reasonable price.
$50 used and $70 new is a fucking joke!

If it's a textbook that's not too bad.

Think of it as the combined price of the shittier books you won't have to buy.

i think the For Reading series recently went out of print. i got it back in 2011 and it was a bit cheaper if i remember correctly. it's still going to be expensive-ish anyway because it's a textbook.

look around online a bit, but if you can't find anything it's still an insanely good investment for 50. no meme, i promise. i bought it on a whim and was blown away.

how to learn esperanto

If this is a series, how are the other languages? German for example. Where to find more information about this series?

From what I can tell there are volumes for French, German, and Spanish. The French is the best (perhaps the only one?) of its kind. I've heard good things about the German volume, but there is also a similar book available titled German Quickly by April Wilson. I don't know anything about Spanish so I can't speak for that one.

Is it as good as the French one?

Reccs for German other than this

>Tfw still a mono brainlet

Bump for german chart please

shameless bump for more infographics

Very hard to do on your own. For Latin, just start going trough textbooks.

Wheelock’s, Reading Latin, and Learn To Read Latin are my personal favorites for Latin textbooks.

Hansen and Quinn is the definitive Attic Greek textbook: Moreland and Fleisher for Latin.

If you're very serious about learning either Latin or Attic Greek, I'd recommend attending a summer course at the Latin & Greek Institute in Midtown, Manhattan. They are intensive and boot camp style 10 week and 12 credit courses. There are many scholarships offered.

>tfw Classics major on a language track
>He'll never experience the constant autistic euphoria of translating Latin and especially Greek

Die ignorant heathen!

My friend Thoreau would like a word with you

If I was a millionaire I would be doing what you are. Good for you.

Europleb here
What do these terms mean and what's the history behind them. From what I understand college students have to choose a Major and Minor. Do they then get Bachelor degrees in both areas? Also what does to be on a language track or on a whatever track mean? Track to become a tenured professor?

>history behind them
idk
>what do these terms mean
Classics major: this means that I'm a student within the department of classics at my university. the department of classics focuses on studying the Mediterranean basin in antiquity. Classes in art history, philosophy, poetry, oratory, archaeology, law, theology etc. are offered. Now, within the department for undergraduate majors there are a number of possible degree tracks to follow in order to receive a degree. Some of these tracks are interdisciplinary. Therefore, many students choose to double major with another department or even minor depending on what their interests are. Some students are phil. and classics double majors, some art history and classics, some anthro. and classics etc. I am pursuing the language track. This means that I have to fulfill requirements within Latin and Greek reading courses. Now, I can choose which kinds of courses that I'd like to take (i.e. I don't have to read Lucretius or Aristotle or any genre if I'd prefer not to and just focus on poetry if I'd like). Then again, I am also permitted to have very broad interests and get a taste of many disciplines.

>So, no, it's not a track to become a professor, but it is the most common track for those intending to pursue graduate degrees in classics.

>And students don't have to choose a minor if the don't wish to. If you have a minor, it just says that you were a major in x and a minor in y on your diploma (the same goes for double majors).

This.

is there something wrong with that book?

I started japanese this summer and went through about a third of the grammar guide by Tae Kim and I also learnt the kanas but I'm not sure if I should switch to another language that takes less time or stick with it.
University starts soon and I got a part time job too, what do you guys think?

If you're german there's no way you can't get the Medias in Res books. They're used in highschools and university courses.
They're cute and well made with a lot of info and history.

How the fuck am I supposed to do Russian Duolingo without a Russian keyboard. Help me out please. Am I doomed to have to use some sort of popup keyboard, write my answer in there, copy it, and paste it into Duolingo? Not very comfy. Is this Duolingo showing me true Russian suffering?

>cellphone
>duolingo app
>enable cyrillic keyboard

Is there a spanish infographic as good as these first ones? I'm testing out of spanish at college so i dont have to take a bunch of shit classes like i did with japanese.

djtguide.neocities.org/

Use your phone and turn the Cyrillic keyboard on?

Has anyone read Pāņini's grammar? I was reading on the wikipedia about it, and it sounded amazing.

I don't get it
just get a cyrillic keyboard on either your phone or computer. It seriously isn't that hard.