Which language has the most overrated literature?

Which language has the most overrated literature?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Jo-trslSODE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

french.

>mfw I was 100% sure a hater of the French would pop up first

obviously english...

english.

British English

Russian. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy Russian literature, but a lot of pseuds praise Russian literature without reading any of it. It's almost a stereotype.

>mfw i'm glad to be of service

I don't know since I only speak two.

/thread

english by far

English

Russian definitely, ever since the Tolstoyevsky meme popped up after the Revolution

Is Les Mis worth a read in French? I have it, but my french is shaky, so it's a lot of effort to invest if the book is mediocre.

View it as a learning exercise. You're hardly going to jump straight into reading Proust but Les Mis is a relatively simple book to improve your French reading ability

American, but mostly because that's the only thing americans know and talk about

>American

>Language
>American
Are you okay?

Spanish, specifically hispanic. This coming from a spic.

lol cry more third worlder

I am Quebecois and I agree with this fully. Michel Houellebecq is the only writer I think to have pushed deeper into creative territory in a meaningful way, and to erect a kingdom where few men have even dared to venture.
True in a way, but Russian literature only falls behind the Irish
I'd like to hear your arguement against Dostoevsky. I expect a more sophisticated standpoint than
>muh high school reading list

anti Dosto fags are the square root of ant-intellectual contrarians

kek. comfy thread.

>Michel Houellebecq is the only writer I think to have pushed deeper into creative territory in a meaningful way, and to erect a kingdom where few men have even dared to venture.

What, I love Houellebecq but I don't see him as anything but an apostle of CĂ©line

>thinking that American isn't a language
fucking brainlets

>doubling down

The novel is a huge classic, but you probably won't lose a lot if you read it in translation. You'll suffer for little benefit with the original, unless you use it as a tool to get better in French.

Any europian language literature is overrated, except Albanian- which entirely is centered around morals, overcoming oneself and nature.

>America
>Not third world

My sides

america is a third world country, and people don't recognise it...and i think that that's pretty god damn sad, that they don't recognise their own country as a third world, third rate, third class slum.

> to erect a kingdom where few men have even dared to venture
What did you mean by this?

That's because tens of millions of third world brown people have been imported since 1965.

t. never been to a real third world nation

>one country overrates it
>overrated

So then it's not actually overrated on top of not being a language. Where did the America touch you, user?

(((Hart-Celler)))

German

jesus, tone down the superiority complex.

T. retard.

delete this

Nope. It is rated

Overall, Russian.
On Veeky Forums, English, but that's expected from an English language image board so I'm not really bothered by it.
Most underrated are Spanish and possibly Italian. Then there are the bizarre French haters.

In a sense you cannot rate literature of other languages because you will never understand the language and its societal contexts well enough to full understand its literature.

thats retarded.

Veeky Forums is such a depressing fucking board.

Languages are just an aesthetic tool; literature is universal.

And you are a retard

Omg, we could be best friends irl.
You guys don't get it.
youtu.be/Jo-trslSODE