Lads after Jesus died how many days until he came back? Is this in the bible?

Lads after Jesus died how many days until he came back? Is this in the bible?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-eye_effect
youtube.com/watch?v=OVRixfameGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

69 days bro

........ I need to know for the book in writing

For the first or second time? For the first it's 3. For the second it's however many days until next Sunday.

Wtf he came back twice. What did he do when he came back and why did he go away again?

It was joke. He came back to save the world and left because he read your posts.

Fuuuuuuucccckkkk I guess I'm going to have to read the bible lmao

You probably should if your going to write about it. Of course you could just Google it.

>I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

You could literally just have a character quote the creed, it's rather poetic.

He died on Friday and rose on Sunday according to the gospels.

What did he rise up and do?

Fulfil the prophesy of Jonah

Just read the Bible. After a while he goes up on a mountain and floats up to heaven

Fml. So my book is about Jesus randomly returning one day and how it effects random people's lives. I figured it would be better not knowing anything of religion so I can keep it well, non religious. But fuck I think i need to read the bible now.

>I figured it would be better not knowing anything of religion
Why would you think this

Ignorance is Strength™

Because I don't want my book to be religious. The characters in my book are really lax religious types that might have been christened at birth but that's as religious as they get and fedora tipping atheists. It explores what they would do or how they would react. Like what would you do if Jesus just materialized out of no where and was back. My Jesus doesn't speak though. He only turns water into wine. That's how everyone knows he's Jesus.

>Jesus doesn't speak
why

While I'm not particularly religious, you're going to have a hard time writing about jesus knowing nothing about him.

Don't want him casting judgements. Also to make all my characters wonder if he approves of what's going on in the world.

Reading the gospels so you get your facts straight doesn't mean your book has to be religious. Also this story sounds like it sucks

No I got that. I'm going to read the bible after work. Going to grab one. Where do I even buy a bible. I've only got so far in writing and the family that's discussing Jesus on tv one of the character knows about religion. So yeah I need to read it lol.

Neck yourself. It's going to be hilarious.

you don't buy a bible, plenty of orgs will just give you a free one, look for one of the newer translations, fuck off king james unless you wanna write like chaucer

meant for

How exactly is he going to be recognized as Jesus? Turning water into wine is easy. I guess you could make it a joke. They get pulled over and the officer inspects the water bottles and sees they are full of alcohol. Everyone gets arrested. They then talk in the jail cell about how he is a man out of time, how the values of society have changed, and ends with him being sentenced to life in prison for furnishing alcohol to minors (with three strikes rule, each individual is a separate charge, automatic life sentence on 1st offense).

He looks like Jesus. Except his skin color people argues about.
-He looks Brown!
-he's not Brown Henry. He looks more olive to me
-olive? What the fuck kind of color is that? Hey y'all wasn't Jesus white?
-dad do you even know where Jesus was born? White people don't come from there
-well my Jesus ain't no Brown olive look at him on the wall!
- He does have the hair and clothes

Fucking phone reeee

-Shelley I don't believe. This heres CNN. Fake news network. Turn on fox and see what they say.
-jesus Christ!
-......holy FUCK!
- good god
-you guys believe me now?
-Son I am ashamed of maself to have ever doubted you.

-folks we apologize for interrupting your regularly scheduled programming, will and grace will return in a minute but we need to inform you that the man formerly known as Jesus Christ our Lord and savior has returned..... and he's American.
-change the channel.

Holy..

You can read it online since it's public domain, or on an app

Verily I say unto you, not 69 days, but 69 times 420.

Woah the bible is cool

If Jesus is a character in your book and you haven't read the very simple source material, how do you expect your "religious" characters to interact in the story if they have as little knowledge as you do? Don't be lazy because then your story is gonna be trash

Yes I know I know. All the characters are idiots btw. But yeah I'm reading it tonight. Thanks niggers.

420 days swagswag pussysmoke weed
yolo→#jeesus

jesus christ, i know i've seen the picture, but that gerbil-faced freak horrifies me, he even has red eyes, like some monstrous albino vermin masquerading as a beloved household pet. what terror hath god wrought?

3 days you fucking uncultur- this... this is bait isn't it?

over 2 seconds passed

>he even has red eyes, like some monstrous albino vermin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-eye_effect

Who are these semon demons?

bruh, i aint stupid. i know what photographic red eye is, my man. it was a vehicle to expound on how ugly i felt the child was.

Yes, three days and nights.

You have to know several things to put the passion week together. One, Jew days start at sundown. Two, any part of a Jew day is a day to the Jews. Three, there were two high sabbaths that week, Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Four, Jesus said he would be dead for 3 days and 3 nights, and then rise from the dead, a la Jonah.

So putting it all together:

Nisan 10: Jesus rides into Jerusalem, Sunday, on a colt, and presents himself for inspection for three days. None can find fault with Him.

Nisan 14, after sundown = Last Supper. Then arrested that night at Gethsemane, tried at night illegally, taken to Pilate eventually, whipped, crucified, died, and was buried.

First day, first night, Passover, Nisan 14 (Thursday).

Second day, second night, Nisan 15, Feast of Unleavened Bread (a week long event) (Friday). Dead and entombed, stone blocking tomb, soldiers protecting stone.

Third day, third night, Nisan 16 (Saturday).
Rose early in the morning on Nisan 17, Sunday, on the Feast of First Fruits.

Three days, and three nights, as prophesied.

>dude a salad of made up noun is poetic lmao

>he doesn't say from which frame

n1

Maybe consider reading the New testament before you start characterizing Jesus fuckhead. What you're saying is stupid because Jesus is a character already. If you're putting him in your story then he needs to stay constant.

What you're doing is like if you added Mario to super smash Bros except hes Asian and carries a handgun

Good Friday - Easter Monday = 2 days

He didn't rose or did he? That's the main ideea there's no proof for it it's just your faith, read how mark ends which scholars today agree it's the first of the written accounts and not even by someone who has seen the events just someone who collected stories from people.

youtube.com/watch?v=OVRixfameGY

I like the first one better not the orthodox / catholic flavored ones:

We believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of all things, visible and invisible;

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, begotten from the Father, only-begotten, that is, from the essence of the Father, God from God, light from light, true God from true God, begotten not made, of one essence with the Father, through Whom all things came into being, things in heaven and things on earth, Who because of us men and because of our salvation came down and became incarnate, becoming man, suffered and rose again on the third day, ascended to the heavens, and will come again to judge the living and the dead;

And in the Holy Spirit.

Dosto did it

Jesus Christ really!? What book? Fuck.

>he came back
DUDE
SPOILER ALERT
well thanks for ruining it for me. fuck