She's 19 and already published. Cute, quirky, smart as a whip and a reddit celebrity. What excuse do you have...

She's 19 and already published. Cute, quirky, smart as a whip and a reddit celebrity. What excuse do you have, Veeky Forums?

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/737yli/i_am_brianna_goux_a_19_year_old_redditor_who_has/

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Amaras-Rose-Chronicles-Key-1/dp/1770843310/
youtube.com/watch?v=X4OYYjXWCoI&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all great authors seem to have a crazy obsession, is that so?

In this lady's case, she just can't get enough of the giraffes, hahahaha, I mean they are so tall and yellow, are they even real, lol.I know it's weird, but who isn't, right?

we can never compete with beautiful flowers like her

It's OVER for us fellow Veeky Forumserati

Dostoevsky: gambling
Hemingway: drinking
Poe: opium
Proust: masturbation
Goux: giraffes

>old hag
>cute
>quirky
>smart
I fuckin hate capitalists man!

she united to shit genres: YA and sci fi

She's going into debt to support her art! A regular Dostoevsky

>friends with marketer
>Parents paid for editor and self publishing

The only thing I envy is that she's getting her under grad at Iowa, and the inevitable reddit success with that book.

based on this link
amazon.com/Amaras-Rose-Chronicles-Key-1/dp/1770843310/
the book looks pretty bad.
I will say though, the key to good writing is writing a lot, and if she writes enough to publish more books, she will probably get better. she's got time, clearly

Unlikely. Women don't make for good writers. Artistic ability offers them no biological advantage unlike men, which is why men create all good art. Not that I don't wish this girl success assuming her book isn't full of degeneracy and she gets her act together soon by being less of an sjw and popping out some white babies. She can pretend to be a writer for a while.

self-published*
ie. it's fucking nothing

So, you're petty, cynical, and resentful because of the cognitive dissonance brought about by simultaneously deriding popular acclaim and desiring monetary success, right?

jesus, not even memeing at this point

i could literally eat anything that oozes out of her body, up to a week old, and still get hard from it

op, why are you on reddit?

A modern Joyce

Read Flannery O'Connor you faggot.

Or Alice Munro, Rosa Luxemburg, Simone Weil, Anais Nin...

Wait, has nobody noticed that this is pretty much the plot for Kingdom Hearts?

It looks awful

First sentence is already trash.

It's obvious why she got published, but its nothing we need to dwell upon.

>shes a horse girl

seriously anyone who indulged their kids by getting them horse (unless they're farm hand) are fucking spoilt brats

The “””intellectuals””” of Veeky Forums, everyone

Somebody on Reddit proofread the first chapter

This is high school English class writing. Why aren't you lot published Veeky Forums

"Fled the battle scene" Wew lad.
I wouldn't read it, but good luck to her.

>self published
doesn't count

Reading this reminded me of why I loathe defenders of the Hemingwayian short sentenced, simple worded prose style. It really does lower the bar for entry / set low standards. But that was always the intention: to dumb down writing and literature.

>tfw unpublished at 27 despite putting more than a decade of effort into writing and submitting drafts
>19 year old qt gets published and probably makes enormous amounts of money when her YA series becomes popular
I want to be angry and spiteful, but it would be blatantly obvious it’s all coming from envy and angst. My morale couldn’t be lower.

This is why self-publishing is the future. The so-called "gatekeepers" have no value if they let shit like that pass through.

She borrowed money from her rich parents and is self published.

If she’s fucking self published then why would she do a Reddit attention interview? I could self publish my TracerXWidowmaker femslash novel right now if I wanted to.

I didn’t realize she was self published. Thanks guys. My morale isn’t quite as low anymore if she took the path of literally no standards whatsoever.

Is it bad that I feel sorry for her?

Ah, that makes even more sense.

Go away Brianna. You're transparent.

Gloria Tesch 2.0

She self published on amazon like any idiot can and did a reddit AMA because grassroots marketing

Ego, unwarranted self-importance and a glimmer of commercialization. Hows she going to pay her parents back if only the immediate family knows about her "work"

Well at least it's getting a hammering in the Amazon reviews.

People do reddit AMAs to sell their products you dingus. not to have "banter" with their "fans"

wonder what the next stage is

Anyone lol

She was in my intro to lit class that's required at Iowa.
Insufferable cunt.

underrated post

Fall and hurtle are not the same thing lmao. How is that tautology?

B-but my favorite actor told me he would rather fight a horse sized duck than 100 duck sized horses!

>self-published

Yeah repetitions, am I right boys?
I'd be much more concerned with her lack of substance, ridiculously poorly brought up exposition as well as her inability to narrate in the same fucking tense throughout a single page.
She is trying so hard not to make it look like she's basically explaining things, and it becomes that much more glaringly obvious.

Well, she is self-published so I'm not THAT angry.

"Nearly falling" and "hurtling" both describe the same action and either one could be omitted without losing anything.

>I have an unhealthy obsession with giraffes
>Future animal hoarding problem
>The only Brianna Goux alive (and probably ever)
>Hello! I’m the author of Amara’s Rose- a Young Adult Science Fiction/Fantasy novel with kickass female leads.
>I started writing this novel because when I went to middle school all of my friends when to different schools so Rose, Phoenix, Sylvia, and Derek became my friends.
>Rose, Phoenix, Sylvia, and Derek became my friends.
>This book is groundbreaking for this genre in that four out of my five main characters are female
>I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember and have gone from writing short stories about a border collie named Millie to writing 400 page novels about Rose and her intergalactic adventures.
>Ask me anything about life, writing, or giraffes- I’ve got answers for you.

Should I really feel sorry for someone if they don't understand how pathetic their situation is

I don't think I should but I can't help it

Yeah it is. Don't feel bad for these spoiled little bitches because they are the worst sort of people when the veil drops.

Wtf I suddenly love Reddit!

>This book is groundbreaking for this genre in that four out of my five main characters are female
How much science fiction has she actually read?

> What excuse do you have, Veeky Forums?
I am not going to rush my franchise starting bestseller, nigga. All the props to the chick for being successful so early but let's see where she's in couple years. Besides, she's self-published.

Also damn, the bar seems low:
>This book is groundbreaking for this genre in that four out of my five main characters are female, there are no predominant romantic plots or love triangles

Hunger Games and Divergent, so the best of the best.

>do shit you love
>get money for it
Sure, her writing is ... questionable but it's not like the average Veeky Forums poster is any better. Unlike them, she's going to earn money and win a fanbase while improving. I doubt her writing will have a huge impact on her career when she can win people with her giraffe obsessed persona and "young writer who published" narrative. Then add that she's good looking, it's a formula for success.

The girl is smarter than the majority of this board "writers"

i noticed

she will be litigated as hard as she will be BLACKED

>graduating university
>19

what sort of fucking clown college is that?

I'm not rich enough to vanity publish like Gloria Tesch
youtube.com/watch?v=X4OYYjXWCoI&t=

>biological advantage

even a 85 IQ harlot can be smart enough to take advantage of her "goods" in order to persuade neckbeards to give her money. see camwhores
you're downplaying the average Veeky Forumserati's intellect. it's only we weren't born with an ATM between our legs

Why is reddit being so brutal to her

She's basically an insult to anyone who cares about their craft.

What a horrible proofread

>I have a friend that owns a horse. She's always taking care of the horse during weekends, constantly talking about it, posting on facebook about it, competing in those jump races, etc.
it is good that she loves a horse more than a man. it reduces the risk of being cucked by another man. the only problem is that a horse is expensive and the girl stinks.
Also, girls lose their hymen to the horse and not the first man they choose to retrieve harmless fun

Is this the legendary Veeky Forums falseflagger?

hard dose of reality that not everyone is going to praise you

>Please be aware that most if not all of the low-star reviews are from non-verified purchases, and are likely false. On 9/29/17, the brave author hosted a question seminar on the popular website Reddit; of the tens of thousands of people that saw her seminar, a handful seem to have come here and reviewed her book poorly, using similar wording, terms, and trends. Reddit is famous for its occasional hive mind. Be cautious to believe that the low reviews are real accounts, as they are likely the same person using fake accounts, or a few insecure teenagers/young men who feel insulted that they are not published authors, despite playing DnD all day long.
Quality amazon review

She's cute, so she lives in a different world. It makes it unlikely that she'll ever produce anything of real value, because she doesn't need to. She doesn't have to go through the maddening process of getting good at something. The world will be nice to her anyway.

Sounds like the same response to Clinton's "What Happened".

Tons of camwhores are university students from second world countries, where education isn't a joke like in the west. To make nice money with it, you have to establish a connection with the neckbeards too, creating your own brand, otherwise you've going under in the sea of tits and pussy that's the Internet.

>you're downplaying the average Veeky Forumserati's intellect.
I've seen their writing attempts. So all that's left are marketing skills but look at people like pewdiepie or that faggot nazi who was popular a while ago, if these people can make money, the "but ze wimin" excuse doesn't hold.

That's the case for (almost) every middle and upper middle class writer in the end.

Why does amazon still even allow non-veried reviews?

>girls lose their hymen to the horse

HOLY SHIT, thats what happened to my 7th grade sex ed teachers sister.

Isn't she a wannabe rapper now?

>non-verified
kindle unlimited is counted apparently
People aren't making it out of the sample chapters

I did not notice that, but to be fair, I never got past that first island when I played KH. Every time I hit the cutscene with Donald and Goofy, I turned my console off and put it aside to try again another time. Another time never came because it turns out I hate that premise of world-hopping almost as much as I hate the voices of Goofy and Donald.

I read the prologue and the first chapter in the free part you can view, and it didn't look very promising. I mean, good on her for trying, though, and managing to finish a manuscript.

But you don't publish the first thing you finish. You probably don't even try to get the fifth one you finish published. Maybe by the time you're sitting on ten or fifteen manuscripts, and you're closer to 40 than 10, then you'll have written something that you can sit back and objectively say: "Yes, this one is worth seeing the light of day. Let's give it a go." And you keep the rest as a dusty stack of papers in a drawer somewhere to come back to later, if the inspiration to recraft one of them into some better comes along.

wrong. success for a female was literally as easy as wearing a revealing top. that's the reason why twitch has been so adamant against boob streamers, they caused a whole lot of turmoil
and of course men are able to market themselves into success too. who said otherwise?

It was, that horse was a known Don Juan

5 thousand dollars for what? 1000 books? That sounds too expensive.

>I know it's weird, but who isn't, right?
perfect

>success for a female was literally as easy as wearing a revealing top.
Great, you put on a revealing top and are about to get into e fame ... but what if another female does the same? And another? And so on? The competition is stiff and even neckbeards have limited time, so they can't support them all.

>success for a female was literally as easy as wearing a revealing top
This is a very fleeting and superficial kind of success though, and it's more popularity than success. If they want a real one, they have to work as hard as men.

> in b4 "white privilege".

Have you ever stopped to think how worthless some people are? Not me.

Horseback riding and other strenuous activities can all cause the hymen to break.

I probably lost mine horseback riding. Never had a horse, but I used to ride weekly at this farm that is now a housing development when I was a young teenager. It's not particularly surprising.

Unless, of course, you mean the other way of losing a hymen but not many people keep stallions unless they're horse breeders because their temperaments make them generally unsuitable for many purposes. I wouldn't imagine this happens too often.

>white privilege
A bit off-topic, but the whole "white privilege" thing is more anglo/American privilege than anything desu.

>the force of my momentum

It's generally used in context of the first world, and applies to all countries there. No one is calling out Belorussians in Belorussia on their white privilege.

No, it's jewish. That's with whom the bogus concept originates (of course).

My wife broke hers in a particularly violent ballet recital when she was 14. Its crazy.

Who the fuck cares Veeky Forums, why don't you talk about literature you actually like for a change rather than complaining about the shit you dont

animal life

Name a sci-fi where majority cast is female.

I see she has a generic arm tattoo like every other 19 year old girl in the world.

>David and Alethia Sanders of Planet Amara

they still have a natural advantage over males. do you think a similar AMA with a male writer would attract as much attention?
there's this one dude on twitch that spends upwards to $20k weekly on donations to top female streamers.

She might be completely talentless as far as writing goes, but looking at her situation, she'll probably live a happier life than 99% of people here. In the end, she wins.

I've published 20 peer-review publications but no fiction. I sometimes thing about trying to write a story I've had in my mind for some time, but I'm just way too busy at this point in life.

I sometimes feel like I don't have enough creative outlet though.

The most recent science fiction novel I have read, Revenger by Alastair Reynolds
Numerous others, but I just read that and it was published last year