What about Voldemort makes him so powerful?

What about Voldemort makes him so powerful?

He's magic.

his understanding of the great niezschean truth; that there is no good or evil, only power and those too weak to seek it!

if he was really that powerful perhaps he could have freed himself from being trapped in the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.
Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.
a-at least the books were good though
"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."
I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>4 posts
>3 posters
OP made this thread just so he could post that copypasta *again*.

>only OP can samefag

BASED OP AND BASED PASTA SPAMMER

He's the only dude in that universe who isn't a faggot.

jk rowling

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again copy your little harry potter post and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Veeky Forums pass, I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums posting about "harry potter is the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises". Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic diaryfag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "MY DIARY DESU." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...

>"What about Voldemort makes him so powerful?" not being the most obvious and unimaginative setup for "if he was really that powerful"

>13:11:54
>13:12:12
>13:14:17
Yeah it was OP.

You're wrong.

The only way it wasn't OP was if one of you has a pass, which makes all the more poignant. Either way, shitty thread and shittier responses.

He was willing to experiment with magic so dangerous that everyone else was scared to even talk about it

Ambition and moral unencumberance. Also lots of innate talent.

nice meme

Story behind this copypasta: Some dude was getting pissed with all the baneposting on /tv/ and made a voice recording of just this. People laughed at him and mocked his soft voice, so he started posting the text in every thread. It became part of the meme. A while later he made another voice note, practically begging people to stop Baneposting. Poor guy.

>Able to grow a nose on the back of professor Quirrel's head
>Loses nose upon regaining his own body.

W a t

It's hard to believe that he was the only person willing to experiment with it. There's got to be more to it than that.

the fact that he isn't mapped symbolically by people in hogwarts

he grows stronger every time they abstain from mentioning his name

Woah user... Easy on the shitposts

>What about Voldemort makes him so powerful?
He's the negative embodiment of Rowling's petulant Manichaeism, which centers on her father and male authority figures in general

How is that measured? People weren't mentioning his name pretty much constantly. Like 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time you're not mentioning someone in particular.

That's just a negative naming taboo my dude. They're thousands of years old

His leg stretching capacity was simply unmatched.

In the movies?
Ralph Fiennes

Looks like you didn't understand the books.
You need to follow the chart.

>In the movies?
This is Veeky Forums not /tv/ you retard.