Ireland has more Nobel laureates (per capita) than the USA, France and Israel

>Ireland has more Nobel laureates (per capita) than the USA, France and Israel.
HOW?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_people
youtube.com/watch?v=iheirlzWZuY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They are pulling strings on the goverments of the world. Cultural Eireism

High rates of minor schizophrenia and genius IQ

>(per capita)

OH SHIT, THEY'RE ONTO US!

Somebody post the hibernian conspiracy greenpill pic

>Its Irishfags sucking their own cock thread

I can't wait to emmigrate from this shithole

What EXACTLY did they mean by this?

ireland has jews too
(((BLOOM)))

Iceland and Saint Lucia have more per capita.

>Iceland
It will be a colony of the Irish empire one day.

Ah, yes. Ulysses. Or, as I like to call it: the much ballyhooed tale of a Jewish cuck and a thousand and one allusions and bodily functions. How very "riveting". A classic. Second in importance only to Harry Potter, and maybe Twilight.

I read Dubliners and it was horribly boring shit, dropped it halfway through the last short story. And that is the man, that Veeky Forums praises to have written the best book of all time, Ulysses. I can't be bothered to read it after forcing myself through Dubliners.

Scandinavian countries don't count in the Nobel prizes

>giving a fuck about the Nobel price after Bob Dylan won last year

>dropped it halfway through the last short story.

Too obvious bait

>Irish "people" are intelligent

The famine never happened. One million my arse

Is this what it means to be green-pilled? It's pretty stupid, but I'll go along with it desu.

I couldn't be bothered to finish it after forcing myself through the previous shitty stories.

Dylan is a lot better than most of the winners of the past 40 years

Oi veile, tis another famine!

lol awesome

>unable to comprehend the complex concepts conveyed in this literary masterpiece
sassenach detected

>not as complex as user likes to think
>masterpiece

>complex concepts conveyed in this literary masterpiece
"This is O'Donnal. He is a priest and a drunk. He also has 6 children. His favorite hobby is just sitting around doing nothing, while talking with four of his friends about boring bullshit throughout the whole short story and end it on a forced, bittersweet one-liner." Truly the best author to ever graced this earth.

IKR
Joyce for example

>being this much of a brainlet
I'm guessing Atlas Shrugged would be more your thing.

Joyce considered himself French over Irish

>tfw you will always be Irish
JUST

kek no he didn't

Why did Beckett write in French?

it was Beckett idiots

because he could, you monolingo ape

Because he could

Joyce literally lived there longer than he ever did in Ireland, he also lived in the French part of Switzerland. He hated the fact that people thought of him as Irish and there was a quote where he said he wish he was born in France.

Frère de moi

If you subtract the ones who emigrated there are 0

He lived also in Italy and married Italo Svevo

>(per capita)
Post disregarded.

Trieste? Thats like the least Italian part of Italy. It was part of Austria back then anyway

Joyce was a bullshitter, you don't base every single work you ever wrote exclusively in Ireland then earnestly not believe you're Irish

The Irish are a small rootless clique, who are at home both nowhere and everywhere, who live in Berlin today, in Brussels tomorrow and Paris the day after that.
He infiltrated France to spread his Irish propaganda

He only based his work in Ireland because he was familiar with it and most of his stories take place during his coming of age right before he left. He thought if you could capture one city you could capture them all.

>Seamus Heaney

>he doesn't know latin

United Kingdom /=/ Ireland

> He thought if you could capture one city you could capture them all.

And yet there was clearly only one he was interested in capturing. The man was an obsessive nationalist he just couldn't admit to himself

>Northern Ireland
>Not Irish
Ok?

Try to avoid replying to Limey posters

Are you serious?

>There are 80 million Irish people out there right now

How did we let this happen?

>muh six counties

"Irish-Americans" aren't Irish
There's only 4-6 million Irish people living in Ireland.

Northern Ireland is not part of the country Ireland

Says you? Ok dude
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_people

Why doesn't this absolute mad-man get more respect in Ireland?

CHECK 'EM

The famine was an excuse used by the ir*sh to migrate to the US and spread their influence there.
Fucking liar leprechauns

>the British government killed the man who wrote this song:
youtube.com/watch?v=iheirlzWZuY

>australia 7 million
As an auscunt I can confirm this is bullshit as the ancestry is so diluted nobody considers themselves as irish

This.
Actual Irish people hate plastic paddies.

Speak for yourself, I love our brothers across the seas

You are probably the same people who will claim someone is Jewish if they have like one great-great grandparent

60% of ceos on wall street are Irish
The largest airliner in Europe is Ryanair (Irish)
Most political commentators and actors have Irish ancestry.
The Irish have about as much influence as the Jews

I wonder what makes an user post this

Shut up kike

catholicism

This. Catholicism is simply the most Veeky Forums branch of Christianity. It's followed closely by Orthodoxy, but I'll give Catholicism the edge simply because its body of work is bigger.

If it was Catholicism then why does every other Catholic country perform so poorly?

small sample sizes = bad statistics folks

>millions of people out of billions of people
>bad sample size

Imbecile

It has a pretty small population and it's a really small discrete statistic?

Like, St Lucia could have one single laureate and beat every other country on that front until ireland got like twenty more or something.

I'm speaking with made-up numbers here, but you get the idea.

mfw I pulled a country from the air and it happened to be relevant.

Its clearly about the large amount of significant Irish writers, the Nobel prize just being a stupid semi-objective measuring pole

>there have only been 870 individuals awarded the Nobel throughout history, and only within the last hundred years or so
>not a small sample size

no you

Its not small when you recognize these are by definition exceptional people. Not merely pulled out of a hat. To be a Nobel Laureate you have to be recognized as capable of producing something say only one in a ten million people have.

You know its like finding a golden nugget on a piece of land may just be chance but it very much bares one to assume that the land may be valuable.

I can counter with an equally pointless and irrelevant allegory and say that lightning doesn't strike the same place twice

1) the novelty of a new language. For Irish writers, even if english was their first language, they don't take language for granted. its a novelty. they question it and play with it....this isn't just for irish descent...look at nabokov.

2) If you go to any part of the world populated by the irish there is a culture/joy in telling stories...even in the the shittiest cities of irish descent (glasgow, liverpool) there is a working-class acceptance of being good with language. In cities without that irish influence (edinburgh...leith isn't part of edinburgh) the working classes view having a good vocabulary as being above your station.If you Use a polysyllabic word and you're "posh". Hence, irish communities become a play ground for language and writing

3) america can often be too interverted.

4) the nobel judges misjudge when literary greats are going to die (give roth his due before he dies you cunts)

Except my allegory actually has parrelel description of the process and yours is just dumb, clearly the lightning has been struck twice?
I'm guessing you come from a low performing country Literarily

*parallel
*poorly performing
*in Literature

I intended to imply that your post lacked as much merit as mine

>pseudo intellectual

>I intended to imply that your post lacked as much merit as mine

Well you were wrong

'literarily' is a word retard

>Thats like the least Italian part of Italy.
Nah. In sud-tirol they don't even speak Italian

Yes they do Hans

I meant as a first language.

Excellent post, mo chara. The fall of the Anglo-sphere is only a matter of time.

we unironically need to get rid of the anglos
>up on an island being oogabooga barbarians while southern europeans built real civilization
>have the nerve to become a colonial power when they were the ones colonized at one point
>called the irish barbarians when they were worse
brits out

Don't forget founding the most contemptible branch of Christianity ever to exist. I laugh when I hear that Church of England attendance is cratering. It's always been a bastard church and it deserves to die.

damn really makes you think

Another self hating mick

banter and a disregard for boring realities such as time, fact, and physics.

Generations of hatred, alcohol and shitty weather have transformed us into a race of poets. We're sort of shit at everything else, but at least we have Joyce and Yeats.

>shit at everything else
Pretty good a gorilla warfare, too.

Fuck he was so handsome

>capture one city, capture them all
>despise ireland, adore france
Things are either broadly indistinguishable or not. They can't be both.

>spend most of his life in france
>set his works in ireland because he's most familiar with it
He'd have more familiarity with France --both because it was a living, breathing reality around him and because he spent more time there.

There's a quote by Orson Welles where he talks about Irish self-hatred. James Joyce's hatred of Ireland is as Irish as everything else about him. He set his coming of age stories in Ireland because Ireland defined him. Would Dubliners make sense in set in Paris or London?