he has a surprise
surprise
surprise
surprise
lol ya

>700 pages into against the day
>zero (memorable) songs

what a colossal waste of time

Do ever dump on threads just make a hideous thumbnail 404 faster? How about a book with his name on it next time? Thanks for keeping Veeky Forums beautiful.

Piss off. I still managed to get the ladies back then, which is more than I'd wager you can say.

All the while he did it while absorbing virtually every tidbit of information produced by mankind

*lighter clicks*
*inhale*
*beat drops*
*pynchon goes into beastmode*

Got a hardon in my fist,
Don't be pissed,
Re-enlist--
Snap--to, Slothrop!

Jackson, I don't give a fuck,
Just give me my "ruptured duck!"
Snap--to, Slothrop!

No one here can love or comprehend me,
They just look for someplace else to send...me...

Tap my head and mike my brain,
Stick that needle in my vein,
Slothrop, snap to!

Wrong on both NEET.

Can someone post the pasta about pynchon and the gong/gags, always gets a laugh out of me

btw those lyrics are actually to the tune of this song:
youtube.com/watch?v=BJqO9uFzQOA

you can actually match up the chorus to these lyrics very nicely

Beautiful

Opinions on Thomas Pynchon's fake book?

borges did it better

there's like one or two good songs in it but most of them are kinda trashy. The good ones that I could picture a GR movie actually using would be Pavlovia and The Ballad of Tantivy Mucker-Maffick.

Hi Thomas do u wanna play some CS 1.6?

Pynchons my fav writer for sure because my fav thing in books is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his books are full to the brim of it. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you pick the book back up and BZZZZZZZZZZ you get a shock and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old pynchmeister, that card. "Did that Pynch?" he says, laughing yukyukyukyuk. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up into his mouth and displays em for you- left, right, center- "you like dese? Do i look handsome???" Pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and appears again hauling a huge golden gong.

wew

I hate this copypasta because it actually is a very good description of Pynchon.

Oh look, I can hide threads. Bye, Pynchy-face.

lol thankyou

This copypasta convinced me to read Pynchon

This is still the best Veeky Forums pasta by far

Wheres that copypasta song?