So my nephew told me today that his 7th grade class is having a special project - they need to write up a paper on a...

So my nephew told me today that his 7th grade class is having a special project - they need to write up a paper on a "banned book." He asked me if I knew of any. The Turner Diaries was the first to come to mind. I'm torn whether I should recommend it to him for his project. On the one hand, it's extremely racist and might give the teacher the wrong impression. On the other hand, it would be by far the most controversial book that any of the students choose, which would make his paper -actually interesting-, unlike the 5000th paper that teacher has read about "Catcher in the Rye". He's pretty mature for his age. Should I recommend it or go for something more tame?

warmth of my dong, blood from my brain

Just tell him to do a paper on Ulysses

I don't know anything about the book, but I wouldn't risk damaging his reputation with the teacher at all just for the sake of a good report. I'd rack my brains and think up a different option.

Way too edgy. Just find a list of books that have been pulled from school libraries or blacklisted in the USSR.

A paper on The Turner Diaries has a lot of potential for college but could backfire too hard on a 7th grader.

Disgusting that you /pol/tards want to use your own young family members to push your fucked up transgressive agendas.

your gonna get your cousin gulaged bro

Do it and post the inevitable hack outrage piece in your local paper

tell him to do this instead lol

I read up on it.
No, OP, don't do it. That could sully the teacher's view of him too much.

Do it user, the youth must be redpilled

Do it for the lulz. But I also don't believe you.

Don't do it. Go for The Satanic Verses instead.

Yes. Although, he may have trouble, so help him if he needs it. Don't carry him though.

how about The City and the Pillar?

Yeah I'm leaning towards "way too edgy" myself, I just hate the idea of yet another youngster falling for the meme that "banned" always means "good" which I think is a message that ends up trickling down the public school English teachers - they tend to side with the underdogs/oppressed authors etc. So I thought this might be good to throw everyone for a loop, and might provoke an interesting conversation about whether some books really should be banned from schools. Do you think that it would be irresponsible to recommend it with the caveat that it could really upset people if he read any passages from it?

Not trying to push an agenda, retard. Read up above.

TKaM is the go-to. Every single part of the 4 dimensional political spectrum has wanted to ban it at some point. Depending on how long the paper needs to be he could write about one specific aspect or maybe use it to list common reasons books are considered harmful (violence, sexuality, race, language, ideology, interpretations of history). TKaM also demonstrates how social mores change over time.

It's a good book and while I agree that he could hit those points, my problem with it is the same as "Catcher in the Rye" - it's a go-to, as you say. Which is boring.

And besides, it'll likely be appropriate for another assignment in the future, or might be required reading for one of his high school classes (I remember doing an essay on it in high school.) The Turner Diaries, though, is a banned book that will never be assigned by any sane teacher because of the content - it advocates terrorist activity, for instance.

>The Turner Diaries, though, is a banned book that will never be assigned by any sane teacher because of the content - it advocates terrorist activity, for instance.
It's a banned book because it's poorly written propaganda, the equivalent of a 2/10 race-baiting thread on /pol/ that gets completed every time. Granted it still has cultural significance but there are other, better works that deal with the same themes. A Clockwork Orange for instance. Fahrenheit 451 fits the bill, although it might get rejected because the book itself was not banned.

tell him to burn the school down

>he wants to get his nephew put on a terrorist watch list

op is dumber than a bag of hammers

catcher in the rye has been on the national school curriculum for decades

I say do it. He and hopefully some of his classmates will learn just how much freedom we actually have in the country. Plus it's a compelling story and grade-level appropriate on a technical level.

I would do this for the lolz

You're an idiot.
You're going to get that kid kicked out of school.

At worst he would just get called into the office for a "talk" and then he can just blame his weird uncle for showing it to him.

Absolutely. If he is mature as you say then surely the book will not corrupt him into a extremist and incite him to become a one man ethnic cleanser, right? I mean he is 13 after all, I bet he claims to have the maturity of a 19 year old. What could possibly go wrong?

Have him read A Clockwork Orange. That'll be a real kicker.

are you an idiot, op?
because you seem to be an idiot

Idiot. Just tell him to read Ivan Denisovich. You're going to get him kicked out for reading that.

Shouldn't he find one on his own? Don't do his work for him. Or do Madame Bovary/Les fleurs du mal/Naked Lunch/whatever that book was that was banned from Amazon a few years ago.

If you do this, it won't be the contents of the book that turn him into an extremist. It'll be the response he gets from his teacher and the school administration that will do it.

>implying we're not all on terrorist watch lists just for visiting this website
Plus the current trajectory of "anti-terrorism" legislation is that of expansion. It's not very hard to be placed on a terrorist watch list and it's only going to get easier in the coming decades. Might as well cut in line and be a few years ahead of his peers.

They were teaching it at NYU a few years ago as an example of "Revolutionary Literature." the professor treated it like students were handling explosives, giving explicit instructions on how to DL the pdf so as not to give money to "hate."

Is it a private school and how ambitious is he? In today's climate, probably not good to possibly put him through a shitstorm just to seem edgy.

>implying we're not all on terrorist watch lists just for visiting this website
I'm already blacklisted from entering the US, which I found out during my visa application. I suspect it has to do with sharing Paladin Press catalogue on the internet and posting on .onion message boards. Unsurprisingly, I'm from an European country which likes to gobble American dick.

Absolutely. The book isn't a great work by any stretch but it's fun as hell to read.
He also might learn a thing or two :^)

Did you do it, OP? Or did you pussy out?

Turner Diaries is poorly written and not very believable. Everybody except the engineer is some caricature. Hunter is a much better written and a more believable story.

Which country?

>it's extremely racist

pick something safer like Huck Finn, it's been banned because it uses the word "nigger" but it's actually an anti-racist book

I did Lolita for my banned book project

still, they're both pretty bad. if "white supremacist power fantasy" is a sub-genre, then there's a shitload of room for improvement.

I read The Satanic Verses when I was 17 and most of it flew over my head. I recommend pic related, if only for the scene where Bateman kills a little kid at the zoo.

Fugg, don't know why that didn't work.

>all these libcucks bashing such a great piece of literature

Saint Loup already topped that genre.

Maybe do "Howl"? Or Ulyesses.

any recommendations?

Oh, actually, esp if you are in Europe have him do "Camp of the Saints," which will teach him a lot about the "migrant
shit today without being openly" racist." That book predicted the exact situation Europe would be in today in the early 70s.

wow, this is poorly written. it has that same breathless quality that a story told by a nine year-old has: "...and then!"

>this is poorly written
lol, not it isn't. You're either not appreciating the style or you are a SJW/Jewish. IT's war better to listen to it anyway, and Dr. Pierce doing to voices of the negroes and Jews.

Actually, the really frightening part is that most of what he wrote as far as social unrest is coming true right now. In the book, her predicts a large white alet cat being ripped apart simply because it is White. A few months ago. A ct was ripped apart because it had marking that made it vaguely resemble AH. The bastards literally ripped its eye out.

>"Howl"
Ughh///NO,KEEP PEOPLE AWAY FROM THAT CANCEROUS HOMOSEXUAL JEW. In any event, Ginsberg would have had a big problem today simply because no one would have noticed him. Everything he was writing is today run of the mill, shit could find it in a newspaper.

>SJW/Jewish
german panentheist, bucko. i have no problem with the content, it just lacks literary worth.

what the fuck are you trying to say about a cat

This, a thoughtful, edgy book perfect for a youngster.

Way too edgy and repilled to be talking about in school. Do All Quiet on the Western Front or Jack London novels because they were banned in Nazi Germany.

Dude, what

Wasn't that fake news?

It's like those "kurdish" van cats who were slaughtered en masse in Turkey because they were kurdish.

do it

fart on my dick teen