Here's my to-read list so far:

Here's my to-read list so far:

Firestarter
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
Gerald's Game
IT

What else should I read from Stephen King's oeuvre, Veeky Forums?

The Stand and Dark Tower Series fo sho

It is a waste of life try Pet Semetary. Shining is his best.

>americans

What the fuck? Stephen King couldn't even spell cemetery right? How did this get through publishing with nobody noticing?

>He makes a list of what to read next

None of King's books are worth reading.

kid' s painted sign or something

read them all, have you?

I've read enough.

List them.

So this is the level of pleb we have on Veeky Forums. Shits on books he only pretended to read.

>King has published 54 novels, including seven under the pen name Richard Bachman, and six non-fiction books. He has writtennearly 200 short stories, most of which have been collected in book collections.
Why wade through all that when one dislikes his most highly regarded works.

Dark Tower is the only King worth reading

IT is alright but the movie is a billion times better than the book and with 70% less sexualization of children.

You just said you haven't read any of his works.

So unless you're going to try again and tell me what you read and why you hated it, you're just another shitposter who only comes to Veeky Forums for the memes.

>You just said you haven't read any of his works.
Wasn't me. Maybe you meant someone else. I was just chiming in (don't particularly care one way or another)

not that user but I've read 11/22/63, Under the Dome, It, The Stand, The Long Walk, Rage, Salem's Lot, Dark Tower I and II, Night Shift, Skeleton Key, On Writing, and Joyland. I haven't read a King book in two years since I've seriously gotten into literature, and I don't know if I could recommend one to somebody instead of some great intro to higher literature like Watership Down, any Steinbeck, The Sun Also Rises, or even Tolstoy, despite his length. That being said--back when I was reading King books, all the ones I listed above were fun and I didn't and still don't regret reading them. Still, hardly (if ever) does a thought or even a single memorable line from one of these books pop into my head during my stream-of-consciousness throughout the day, as something frequently does from say the stoics, Shakespeare, Plato, Nietzsche, Joyce, Proust, Yeats, etc.

S A L E M S L O T

It's a vampire novel that is more about vice within small town life. In a way, the unknown horror that invades salem's lot is eerily similar to the opiate epidemic ravaging working class New England. Maybe I think it hits hard because my hometown is mentioned in the first few pages, but nevertheless you should check it out

get out of your small town before ur small town gets yooOOUOOOUUUuuuu

If you're to read any king, then read the long walk.

Read Dean Koontz instead. I recommend Watchers, and the Christopher Snow novels.

Fuck off pedo

I never use this word, but why does it trigger you so much that someone likes reading books about little girls?

>Still, hardly (if ever) does a thought or even a single memorable line from one of these books pop into my head during my stream-of-consciousness throughout the day, as something frequently does from say the stoics, Shakespeare, Plato, Nietzsche, Joyce, Proust, Yeats, etc.

Uh, what? Give me an example.

B A S E D C A T H O L I C L I T

I absolutely HATE when people try to boil down books I love into catchy buzzwords like "right wing literature." You all want these books so you can say "I read books that are redpilled! Fuck yeah, Trump!" but you don't know jack. Fucking. Shit.

Read Ulysses for an example of how this goes down. I'll be hanging out with my girlfriend, something will come up in conversation, and then I'll think of Yeats's poem "Never Give all your heart," and then I'll begin to recite it all the way through in my head:

>For love will hardly seem worth thinking of
>To passionate women if it seem
>Certain and they never dream

Etc. Plato is a popular case because I don't think of anything in particular, but I just am more dialectic and know that I don't know anything. An example from the stoics would be something from Seneca: "Nemo tam praesentibus miser est" (No man so "in the present" is miserable). Tons comes from Shakespeare, especially in my relationship. Scenes, characters, interpretations, and quotes from As you Like it and Taming of the Shrew frequent my mind, and of course Hamlet: "Oh God I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space were it not that I had bad dreams."

With King, hardly anything. Maybe twice a year some passage or some interesting train of thought will pop up, but as of now I can't think of one. Maybe: don't even think about time travel because it'd be worthless, maybe: F-U-C-K that spells MOON, maybe some advice from On Writing, but there should be smaller individual moments I can think about, like when Petruccio in Taming of the Shrew says to Kate, "I'll cuff you if you strike again," or when he embarrasses her with clothing, or as he speaks to her sweetly throughout the entire play with the exception of a few instances (always calling her Kate or sweet Kate or Bonny Kate).

Koontz is a hack. He tries much too hard. At least King revels in his triteness

When he's good, he's good, though. He may get sappy but sometime it clicks.
Also unlike King his stuff is actually scary.