Could someone recommend me some good self improvement books?

Could someone recommend me some good self improvement books?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/30659.Meditations
lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=Gary Vaynerchuk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

probably but shouldn't you find out for yourself?

How can I do that?

self help books won't work.

if you are defective, ie someone who needs a self help book, your are already too much of an asshole to fix anything, let alone yourself.

it's just another example of the commodification of cultural marxism.

That's bullshit. I gave up smoking with the help of allen carr's easy way to stop smoking.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
How to Win Friends and Influence People

Well, it's good that you are looking to help yourself out user, but I really wouldn't recommend most self-help books, since they are just watered down versions of what other much better authours and philosophers have written. I'm a gigantic casual when it comes to Veeky Forums in general since I just really started reading this summer, but I would try reading through:
>Crime and Punishment
>The Old Man and the Sea
>Meditations
I've also heard that "Beyond Good and Evil" is pretty good as well, it's on my list.

I read this so often about it, even from people who just read it without any intention to quit.

Care to sum up his approach, because the idea of a book helping just sound so outlandish to me. I recall it had a lot repetitions, what else? The usual shit about how harmful it is or how to distract yourself into quitting with other habits?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra :>

You wish you could be a millionaire. You want more money. You blew it.

You wish you could change the neighborhood. You want to be a selectman. Guess what? You blew it.

You wish you could open up a restaurant. You did not want to pay protection money. Knock knock. Who's there? You blew it.

You blew it who? You blew it bad.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions!
The author doesn't bother talking about how harmful cigarettes are because everybody knows they are bad. The book just helps you realize that you don't really need cigarettes to live a happy life and makes you go back to the "old you" when you didn't need to smoke cigarettes and were still happy. I had no desire to smoke after I've read the book.

Watch Jordan Peterson if you already haven't.

Also, what are trying to improve?

The Alchemist by Coelho
it's not actually good but I had to suffer through it and so should you

I'm trying to replace my bad habits with good ones, become more motivated and productive, or just be a better person in almost every aspect.

I liked "Antifragile" by Nassim Talib.

You already know what you want to change. Self help books won't help. Get to work. Write down your goals, work on them daily (even if it's ten mins), document progress.

B-but what if the "old you" before smoking wasn't happy?

I know what my objectives are, but I'm having a bad time getting things done, that's where I need help.
I was way happier back then. I didn't have erectile problems because of bad blood circulation, I was healthier, i had more money in my pocket, etc. So yes, I was happy :D

This one helped me a lot.

OP here. What do you think about this book?
goodreads.com/book/show/30659.Meditations
I've read a lot of Marcus Aurelius' quotes and I was impressed.
Thanks. This one's in the basket as well.

meditations is one of the most circlejerked books on this board. its an endless stream of platitudes that are soon forgotten. i suppose that fits the self-help bill though.

Don't hesitate to share a better book, if you know one.

An entire book for "YOLO"?

Say no more senpai
lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=Gary Vaynerchuk
His ENTIRE bibliography, mind

Not at all. It talks shit about the self-help movement in general and against the idea of short term highs for happiness.

What the fuck has someone needing to read a self improvement book have anything to do with someone being too much of an asshole to fix anything? What fucktarded logic is this? Are you stupid? You drop cultural marxism in there for shock value or something faggot?

try reading the bible you fucking bitch

How about "Getting Things Done" by David Allen

DU MUSST DEIN LEBEN Ă„NDERN

Perhaps from the title, but not from the content, it's definitely not 'self-help'

OP didn't ask for help, Sloterdijk underpins the immediacy of anthropotechnics and vertical tension which is basically what the Greeks practiced qua