Can we get a chart dump thread? Anything from Philosophy to /sffg/

I'll start

Bump.

Fake

Do you have the official ones for the previous years?

Stupid fucking chart. No modernists are on the top 100 and Euripides before Sophocles? What the fuck.

Joyce is #1 you fucking idiot

This should really have Anarchy, State and Utopia

No fucking way. Number 1 is one of the epic poems- The Iliad, the Odyssey, The Divine Comedy, Paradise Lost or Faust.

Joyce isn't even top 200.

How are they epic poems?

>Joyce isn't even top 200
I don't want to meet you in real life and I'd really appreciate it if you stayed out of threads I posted in

Sorry, I shouldn't have put Faust in there.

But that's just the genre.

Fuck anyone who likes modernist literature.

T.s elliot?

He's alright. I'm mostly being dramatic.

>I didn't get Ulysses :(

>Number 1 is one of the epic poems
Yes, paradise lost is the greatest work ever
>Joyce isn't even top 200
No

Why did you post this?

it was probably mistaken as a chart when user was looking through his files

Anyone have that translation chart that offers some alternative translations for symposium and republic?

got u covered senpai

Hey Hitler, thanks jeans

which of these is considered "healthy"? asking for a friend.

Anyone have a poetry chart?

3 & 4 is healthy. 1 & 2 is constipation. 5-7 is diarrhea. Drink more water.

If yer talking about English translations Hackett does all the work for you and compiles all the best translations of Plato. They're modern in a manner that evokes the true spirit of Plato's irony. e.g. When Alcibiades storms in on the symposium Nehamas & Woodruff translate him as saying "Good evening, gentlemen. I'm plastered. May I join your party?" This obviously was written by somebody who has gone to Princeton with Plato-like figures.

between 3 and 5. if i had to guess, a dirt consisting of more protein and carbs would score a more solid, rocky poop, while a fatty, greasy diet would yield watery shit.

it takes a hell of a lot more energy to break down fats, and i think it would lead to a more liquid movement.

Drink more water for which side? My diet is solely water, gin, tea leaves, and cilantro. I think I have the water covered.

Go see your doctor.

My dirt is mostly composed of soil, so I don't know how carbs or fats fit into it.

Medical science is a sham.

Plus, I've never in my life had enough capital to "own" a doctor in the manner you're implying.

liquid shit would probably go for alcohol too. fat is 9 cal per gram, alcohol is 7, protein and carb are 4 each. with less energy expended for the nutrient extraction from carbs and protein, they would probably lead to more solid turds.

t. Stefan Molyneux

I fucking hate the smugness of that god-damned chart, fuck you.

Thhhhaaaank you! That's the answer I was looking for. I'm a considerable alcoholic and haven't had a poop past a 5 on that chart for over a year. Now I understand.

I think my Political Philosophy prof used this chart.

Alcohol dehydrates you, leading to solid shit a la Level 1-3

Go to your nearest faith healer and be sure to pray at their house of worship afterwards.

but is it wrong?

Does anyone have a chart of must-reads arranged by order of the century they were written?

The fact that Let the Right One In isn't on that list is an atrocity.

>Naomi Klein
dropped

rolling

Baron in the trees is ridiculous , avoid

so what is green pill again? It's just a joke about drawing pyramid eyeballs in bathroom stalls? I don't get it at all

Lol paradise lost is now more important than the divine co edy, sophocles plays, the aeneid and quijote?

No

What's funny it is called "State" in many countries not "Republic", as the original name is "Πολιτεία" (Politeia).
I know, I'm fun at parties.

Politeia is unironically the best blueprint of a state so far

Absolutely Required Works:
The Odyssey and the Iliad by Homer (~12th - ~8th century BCE)
Major Plays of Aeschylus (456 BCE)
Major Plays of Sophocles (406 BCE)
The Holy Bible (~8th century BCE - 1st century CE)
The Aeneid by Virgil (19 BCE)
The Divine Comedy by Dante (1307)
Don Quixiote by Miguel de Cervantes (1605)
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (1616)
Paradise Lost by John Milton (1667)
Faust (Part I and II) by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1808, 1832)
Eugene Onegin by Alexander Pushkin (1833)
The Major Tales of Nikolai Gogol (1840s)
Moby Dick by Herman Melville (1851)
Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (1856)
Crime and Punishment by Fyodr Dostoevsky (1866)
Major Plays of Henrik Ibsen (1870s)
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (1877)
Dubliners, Ulysses, and Finnegans Wake by James Joyce (1914, 1922, 1939)
The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann (1926)
The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner (1929)
The Aleph and Other Stories by Jorge Luis Borges (1949)
The Recognitions by William Gaddis (1955)
Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov (1962)
Gravity’s Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon (1973)
Zettels Traum by Arno Schmidt (1970/2016)

Red pill me on the Trivium.

>Joyce isn't even top 200.
This is correct.

I want a character of significant short novels, hopefully sorted by year. Help me lads.

Add The Confessions, add a medieval epic of your choice, add an 18th century English novel of your choice, remove Dubliners and Finnegans Wake, replace The Magic Mountain with a Kafka novel (probably The Trial), remove The Sound and The Fury, replace The Aleph with Ficciones, remove The Recognitions, replace Pale Fire with Lolita, remove Zettels Traum

go back to r/books

I can't agree with you. Plato only cares about preserving the state, not about hapiness of its citizens. For him institution goes before citizen.

Contributio

>My diet is solely water, gin, tea leaves, and cilantro.
Holy fuck user. How do I achieve this level of ascetism?

Anything on law or economics?

why?

Anyone have the continuation with this for the Romans? I've seen that posted before.

garbage chart stop posting it

Y tho?

Thanks user. Does anyone know if there are any charts of this type that continue past romans? Otherwise I'd just work through the big google docs guide

underrated

>Right wing
>Evola
Is this a meme?

John Rawls, theory of justice
Then nozick. Then just read the laws of the country you are in. And skim wealth of nations, then read anything by Hayek or mises. Keynes got everything wrong liek marx

>Euripides before Sophocles

Sorry m8 the weak must fear the strong

I'm surprised The Opposing Shore is there. I've only seen it mentioned here once.

can we not?

That's because it's not an actual poll. Gracq is well-known here though.

after the romans it starts to get way to broad, the romans is the last checkpoint where you can read pretty much all the works. from the romans you could either read so muslim shit or jump to the middle ages with augustine, beowulf and such, and after this, Veeky Forums and philosophy starts coming out of several key countries and would be almost impossible to read all, so you have to filter them by personal interest

but maybe yeah, follow that philosophy doc if you are interested in philosophy/don't know much where to go, seems like a good in depth guide

nice chart man, never seen this one here

>Madame Bovary
No thanks

So many books here are either utterly misleading and or incompatible with the actual good stuff there.

What the fuck is the green pill? I don't even get the definition.Is it a joke? Do people read this shit? To what end?

you need to go back