Which ones have you read?

Which ones have you read?

Ulysses and Jest

None, modernism and post-modernism are for fags

>tfw I was the one who started spamming the Kevin McDonald meme on Veeky Forums

proud desu

Feel proud desu

Read Ulysses, wouldn't recommend that pretentious garbage to anyone. I've been meaning to read Infinite Jest.

But IJ is post-post-modernism

GOD TIER
---------------------
Ulysses
Culture of Critique

SHIT TIER
---------------------
Infinite Jest
Gravity's Rainbow

My diary desu

disgusting

if you couldn't enjoy ulysses, don't even bother starting infinite jest, you won't make it.

ulysses and finishing ij, 200 pages left. after page 500 on IJ it got way over my expectations, its great, but ulysses is just godtier.

will get to pinecone later on, will need a break from anything remotely related to modernism/post modernism/post post post modernism/post irony/post sincerity

not him but IJ is considerably more accessible than the other two. Best starting place IMO

This

this but unironically

Ulysses was shit. That is all.

All of them but culture of critique. Not sure how that one squeezed in

Pinecones best work is mason and dixon. Gr was heavy/depressing at points but i couldnt help but lol at the shit eating scenes.
>inb4 you got pynched by the great trickster
Infinite jest got me back into reading. there are some good characters even though the book hasnt held up for me as time has gone one.
Ulysses is damn good. Redemptive, pretty funny, and also sad af at points. Bloom is a bit of a laughable pussy but he turns it around a bit. Boners4molly

you've read all of pynchons novels?

Not all. V, lot49, gr, m&d. Havent gotten around to the others but the only one im holding out for being comparable to m&d is against the day.

well im almost done with it, i don't think its as amazing as gravitys rainbow overall but its certainly more epic in scope and overall more grand.

Thanks for the input, i hope you enjoy the rest of it.

fixed

None, but I am currently reading Ulysses. I've just finished "Lotus eaters" chapter yesterday and starting with "Hades" today. So far, this book has been terribly boring and with the exception of Mr.Deasy telling the truth about Jews and England, I didn't find anything amusing in it. Is it still too early in the book and nothing started happening yet or will the entire book be a pile of steaming shit? I heard it was supposed to be one of the best books ever written and blow my mind. Was it all just a meme? What's the point of this book and should I keep on reading?

humm i don't know...Ij is pretty longer and in my opinion, the reward starts showing at page ~500. there are some grat chapters before it but also some slugish on I had to crawl through

Its a forced meme. Not even literature. CoC that is.

the trilogy should remain a trilogy. way too many books could fit in as 4th there would be an endless war...moby dick, the recognitions, women and men, europe central, 2666, sure karamazov, anna karenina...

i agree, we should remove GR and put culture of critique instead

BK is too good to be in the same image as that shit.

(you)

None of Gravity's Rainbow, because I haven't gotten around to it.
Some of Ulysses, because Joyce has his good moments.
About a chapter of Infinite Jest, because I just don't care all that much about it.
None of The Culture of Critique, because I haven't gotten around to it.

IIRC I read a bit of Ulysses

I've been meaning to read Infinite Jest but I've been told by a friend that for someone who doesn't read often it's not a nice book to read. Thoughts?

Now for culture of critique.

Read all four and made the original image in OP: ftw.

It's not a good book for people who enjoy good literature

BK is too easy to be there

i like The Tainted Turd

Love how triggered Jews are getting in this thread

I've read Ulysses and half of Infinite Jest

I've read every Pynchon book except Against the Day, Vineland, and Gravity's Rainbow

I'm bad with long books

>Ulysses

And the fourth?

yeah but it's leagues more pretentious

GR - 0x
Ulysses - 1x
IJ - 2x
TBK - 3x

TBK is not included in the Big Four. Follow the rules.

>this one faggot still forcing his /pol/ faggotry meme

Listen, kid. The Culture of Critique is an exceptional work of art. Sit down. You're just embarrassing yourself at this point.

very poor wording on my part i was referring to against the day. I've heard so many good things about mason and dixon maybe that will be the next pynchon novel i tackle (though i already own bleeding edge so may as well read that first) come to think of it my backlog is getting a bit out of hand...

It's really not.

this daysoo
Ulysses is Veeky Forums's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. It's a meme but you should still read it.

go back to r/books kid

Whoops, I accidentally (You)'d you here . Meant to (You)

No, I will not go home with you. Stop trying to seduce me. It won't work.

I understood what you meant. I hope you enjoy the rest of AtD.

Mason and Dixon has a brighter outlook on humanity, and the two guys friendship is what makes the book so good in my opinion. Id recommend it whenever you get around to it.

This

think of a weak boring version of pynchon with cringe writing.

that's infinite jest

2 PAGES OF GRAVITY'S RAINBOW.
2 PAGES OF FIVE DIFFERENT ULYSSES RELEASES.
ENTIRE INFINITE MEME.
ENTIRE CULTURE OF CRITIQUE (ITS PRETTY GOOD ACHTUALLY)

Replace Macdonald with my diary desu.

The Critic of Culture is not included in the Big Hundred

This has to be changed.

Then we would truly know the fix was in

Ulysses is high literature with actual merit, unlike Aeroplane or anything else in the genre of rock "music".

>not posting the actual version