Why haven't you self published yet Veeky Forums?

why haven't you self published yet Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/737yli/i_am_brianna_goux_a_19_year_old_redditor_who_has/?st=j8a7aikv&sh=86f12a8c
huffingtonpost.com/entry/how-asian-americans-can-stop-contributing-to-anti-blackness_us_599f0757e4b0cb7715bfd3d4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I already have.

whats with the cult of being "published" here

like there are maybe 5 good living novelists what are the fucking odds that you're one of them you scrubs

I just learned today that someone on my family is dating "an author". I looked it up and it's one book of self-published garbage-tier sci-fi very similar to this. She's 3 times that person's age too, which doesn't make it better.

PLEASE BE REAL

IT'SN OT REAL IS IT

IS IT REAL

Also please tell me that pic related is real so I can die laughing.

I'm not good enough, my soul's not beautiful yet. I need to suffer, wallow in obscurity for like another decade. I need to hone my skills. I used to have so many ideas, for story lines, phrases, characters, descriptions. I feel like a used-up has-been before I've even started: I need to rediscover the tools to write. Once I know I've done the best I could, I'll consider self-publishing. For now, I just need to keep at it. I'm going to go over the stack of notebooks I haphazardly kept during university, to see if there's anything worth remembering.

Its real, the AMA event was a disaster with people absolutely trashing her, the sample of the book available on amazon is horrendously bad and it is getting awful reviews

This cannot be real

Man I gotta read this.

Same. I've been writing for about 10 years, and I'm starting now to send stuff out (started 2 months ago). I know my writing is at least OK since that's closely related to how I make my living, but some times I try dumb things in my personal stuff. If I'm not published in a few years I'll consider self-publishing, but I'm insecure as fuck, so I would really prefer that it gets approved through the traditional steps instead of just printing it out and spending most of my time promoting something I'll always have doubts about.

>Brianna

Why do yanks have such awful names?

go away poppy.

Don't give her money

I meant the sample.

Its not (there's no cat)

What is it about feet that makes them so attractive?

its the Irish influence

rose and keyhole (especially "Amara's rose" lol) are both unconscious symbols for pussy. Not to mention the cat in the background.

How does one go about self publishing and getting your book read? Does it cost a lot of money, and where is it end up being sold?

If it's ebook it can be basically free. If it's on paper, it depends how many copies you want. There can also be other costs if you hire an editor, etc. And you need to self promote a lot, which is the worst part. It ends up being sold where you can manage to get it sold. Ebooks are easy to have on Amazon, etc. As for paper copies, you can also hire people to try to get it in stores for you. Unless you're an established author who gets greedy, self-publishing is just an ego driven costly mess.

Hate to ruin it but the tattoo she has isn't in the second picture

That seems to make sense too me, Now if someone was trying to get published is it really as hard as it seems, I mean I understand getting rejected if you are shooting for a huge brand name publisher, but if you went for the smaller publishers does it make it any easier?

>the event was a disaster with people absolutely trashing her
Do you have any screenshots of that?
I think this whiteknighting redditor deleted them

Just sort by controversial. Her Amazon page is also a mess.

ive spent more time editing than writing it. every significant edit changes the tone and i cant quite figure out which tone i wish to convey.

a populist appeal? or a more cerebral story? maybe i should just release different version?

what do you guys think? anybody have the same problem?

you could pick something at random from fanfiction.net and it would be on the same level as this

>Her whole deal is that she is this special gatekeeper who guards the key and travels through worlds
>Is so careless she just forgets the key places which could have dire consequences

nigga what?

>ive spent more time editing than writing it
Well yeah.

why did she think this was a good idea? why not just post naked pics without her face if she wanted online attention?

>A bright blue-and-brown light absorbed his body
>The greenish-blue light of the portal to Amara cast shadows through the trees as I ran
I expect women to do better when describing colors.

> greenish-blue
> not turquoise

I mean, she is 19

19 year olds are fucking stupid

Everyone knows you can only attain literary ability post-50

well
at least she's showed her feet

they're nice

I was legitimately writing better than that at 18, and I don't even consider myself that good. 23 now.

even the garbage from our critique thread is better
and man, people write some serious crap in those threads

>23
too old to be here bro

Believe me, I'm working on it.

Fapping to those feet right now, unfff

not her feet

Daily reminder that these threads are made by reddit users upset that she gamed reddit. This girl is no Gloria Teach.

thanks dude lmao i didnt think i would make a good trap cus of my pot belly and magnum dong but the feet they good HaHa

>past ferfect tense in most places
>"this shouldn't have been happening"
>"her blue form, crackling with energy, was eagerly taking in Its handiwork

can you do this?

Anything is possible when you self-publish.

>can you do this?
no because I don't know what a tense is

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/737yli/i_am_brianna_goux_a_19_year_old_redditor_who_has/?st=j8a7aikv&sh=86f12a8c
Read it plenty are there
Here's one of mine:
>This book is groundbreaking for this genre in that four out of my five main characters are female
How much Science Fiction have you actually read? And who calls their own work groundbreaking?

Take note: this is what happens to your brain when you eschew reading books in favor of watching anime and playing video games.

take note: a 19 y/o girl has written a book and the best thing you have written is a collection of posts in an online anime board

how can a girl be this cute bros

i bet her piss tastes like mead and she doesnt even poop

>book
She has unedited ramblings

No he's actually right.

This girl writes EXACTLY like someone who doesn't read very often.

ITT: insecure writers passing time bashing a mentally retarded self-published "author" instead of seeing this as a call to action.

> instead of seeing this as a call to action.

What, grow tits and write genreshit for redditors?

She's not that cute.
She's pretty average looking, desu.

if you self-publish and fail the industry won't touch you with a 3 mile pole, so use a pseudonym and don't show your fucking face on reddit

This.

She's white and female trust me someone will give her a pass.

Geez, my fanfiction from high school is more legible than this.

i mean as long as she sucks cock, but that's another thing, at that point doesn't really matter what you write, if they like how you suck cock they'll just get an editor to re-write 98% of the book

Or maybe this will happen:

>Coming up this fall, the new novel by the young shooting star who took on her internet bullies head-first, an empowering tale of a strong young woman: Strong Geek Girl, a romantic science-fiction tale like no other!

oh yeah, i forgot about the flourishing outrage industry, maybe she is playing her cards just right if she knows who to suck up to

this sounds like my writing. I hate my writing.

Only losers worry about failing. All the free PR she gets from butthurt virgins and counter reaction to them ensures that her book will do alright despite the quality, and it will also get her character some fame, making the second book more successful and probably interesting for the industry.

You faggots are getting played by some white middle class kid.

and you should, this is awful.
work on it.

>You faggots are getting played by some white middle class kid.
so? good for her, we have our fun and she gains whatever you are saying she's gaining from it

not sure it will be worth the mental anguish of getting your IRL persona mixed with the internet, but who knows, maybe she is cold enough to endure it no problem

If she can't deal with the stress, it'd be a silly career choice. Though it's a fair point. I doubt most could handle it as well as Taytay for example.

>If she can't deal with the stress, it'd be a silly career choice.
i mean if you are good enough editorials can take care of your public persona and allow you to remain an analog hermit

so as long as you keep yourself from getting a smartphone and checking twitter you'll be fine, but she took it onto herself to get in contact with the internet which may have negative consequences for your mental health

The IF is a huge one, given her genre and target market. It's a better choice to take the shit in your own hands, and prepare to deal with negative consequences. Given her age and the fact that she grew up during the whole social media cancer exploding, she's probably aware of them, just not necessary the potential scale. Though I doubt she becomes anything more than some YA starlet either way, and her content isn't controversial enough to cause more than couple shitposts.

Starting to think I should plug my shit the same way she did.

are you a girl? otherwise it won't work unless you shave your head and say you have cancer

My pseudonym is an Asian name, I could probably play off of that.

i'm not sure that's a good idea, asians are next in the political correctness guillotine after whites
huffingtonpost.com/entry/how-asian-americans-can-stop-contributing-to-anti-blackness_us_599f0757e4b0cb7715bfd3d4

make him transgender or autistic at least, with some sob story about bullying

Heh, just Asian-Americans who don't like blacks got it from Asian culture, actually.

I read halfway through the first chapter and had to put it down. It's not horrible but it's incredibly bland and has no urgency, just the type of thing a young priveleged girl would write. Reminds me of the stuff this one young girl would bring to my critique groups.

>it's not horrible
If not, than what is?

I once bought this erotica e-book on Amazon because it was about public nudity and involved awkward childhood situations, but it was obviously written by somebody who wasn't a native English speaker and was riddled with awkward and inccorect grammar and sentence structure, and after a while got meandering to boot.

This is riddled with grammar errors too, and at least the public nudity book has an interesting premise

Fair point.
What I meant to specify was that the writing itself wasn't horrible.

maybe it was mine
I'm not a native and I write erotica for amazon

Was it this?

Nothing.

>a subpar writer is published
>not seeing this as motivation: "If they can, I can"
>instead create a dozen new bitter bait threads that provide said writer with more recognition than they would receive anyway

Never change Veeky Forums

The contention is that she started an AMA on reddit under the guise that she was professionally published, and her super-mod boyfriend helped push it to front page on multople subreddits. People came into the thread thinking this was a rags-to-riches story but it turned out it was just some done kid trying to get some free promotion for her self-published YA drivel.

>MUH REDDIT SAFE SPACE

What would happen if I self-published my first novel and shilled it on Veeky Forums? I've been thinking of ad buys. If it was done in a classy non-manipulative way and the book did not suck would there be a chance of traction or at least some conversations?

I did exactly that one time to drive a little more traffice to my erotica ebook which I had initally promoted via Tumblr and some banner ads bought here, but which had fizzled out in sales after about a year.
It got me a few extra purchases.

Nothing. Veeky Forums is too small of a board and way too contrarian to make it work.

>If it was done in a classy non-manipulative way
That doesn't exist and pretending that it does, only makes you look more manipulative. If you want to shill, at least be honest and direct about it.

>shilling on Veeky Forums

Just spend 80% of the time slating it and 20% praising it. Samefag the shit out of your threads. If we can convince people to buy and read cult pomo foreigner you'll be fine

What if she put her feet in your mouth and you started sucking on her toes, haha

Ask Tao Lin, he made it work somehow.
Just put your name above the text of popular image macros and spam like a monomaniac autist.

so her boyfriend is the mod?
lol

Another option I have been thinking about is trying to get email subscribers. Make a site with free content, funnel people there with ads and shit from chan and reddit. If the content is good you get subs, then use that to go to traditional publishers and get leverage for publishing and actual novel.

>why haven't you self published yet Veeky Forums?

I don't know how that works.

One of my dad's former-coworkers talked about having a book published that he co-write with his wife. we looked him up, and it turns out the guy writes sci-fi smut with his wife that actually does get published. I don't know which is more embarrassing tbqh, self-publishing or bragging about getting that type of trash published

Did they use their real names? Kek.

nothing embarrasing if he's getting money

How much money do you guys think you can get out of dirty sci-fi? I could totally move into that line of work.

I just had a look, she spent 5k to self-publish. How can someone get scammed by a phony publishers and then get loads of props and people asking her for advice on how to get published?

Reddit will never recover from this.

you won't get arrested, so yeah you can do it

funny thing is this talent-less bitch will put out more work than any gutless fucker here who is trashing her.

>I just had a look, she spent 5k to self-publish
interesting
since I think you can do it for free