How much do you actually read?

A day, how many pages/hours do you read on average?

If you go by pages, how many hours does it take?
If you go by hours, how many pages do you get through?

I used to average 100 pages a day but I've gotten so incredibly lazy. I think it took around 1.5 - 2 hours. Now, I only get like 10 ages as I fall asleep.

250 pages maybe.

oh my god who is this benis brogrammer

On average, like zero

Last week I was at 200-250 pages each day, but tbqh the four previous months was at 0.

On average, I'd say I read about 100 pages a day. The time it takes me varies. I always make sure to set aside an hour for reading, though.

Like, four.
I'm trying.

Depends on the book. I read much more nonfiction than fiction.

Tons of news, lit & pol.
Some pages of novels in a week.

WHY?! WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME SO WITH THESE JEZEBELS? All I want to do is come here for an asexual experience that will exercise my brain but I am constantly titillated by these vixens with their prodigious hips and provocative figures. Can I never satiate this thirst, will I ever know the touch of a woman and enter between her loins? Will my seed ever drip from her moistened hole?

Life is a constant hell. No wonder I resent women too.

>100 pages in 2 hours
What were you reading, YA? I'm working my way through Hegel's science of logic and it takes 45 minutes to get through 10 pages.

I go on reading sprees, once a month I finish an average sized book in a week, average being 300 pages.

today I "studied" for 45 minutes and read genre fiction for maybe 30

didn't count the pages but my pace is probably average

I'd love that rate. Any idea how long it took?

That's solid.

News and shit doesn't count, not for my purposes here.

It was during a pretty productive period. I read Gravity's Rainbow in a week. And of course philosophy, of course Hegel, is going to take longer.

I don't read. I think books are gay.

Then they should be right up your alley.

Anyone else has radically sporadic reading habits?

I'll go for weeks, maybe months, without reading at all, and then I'll pick up a book and pretty much do nothing but reading it all day until it's finished. Depending on the length of the book, I'll maybe pick up another one and do the same thing with it. But I never had the habit of reading everyday.

And she isn't even that cute so you're really in trouble

get you're homophobia off my subreddit you cis-fucking shit

To quote Joyce
"2 pages of 7 books per night"

hi /pol/

Same. It sucks though. I'd get more done if I read steadily every day.

Over 200 pages usually, about 600 if I take the night off to read. Takes me about an hour to read 100 pages.

I love her.

I range from a 100 pages to maybe 700-800. Largely based on what obligations I have that day.

the fuck

barely nothing
it was a bad year
i've read 23 books so far

Depends how much time and more importantly, energy, that I have. 250 a day is doable with breaks.

Like 50, sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on the book

No idea how long can take it, I reached the 200-250 because I was very addicted to the Count of Montecristo. I've never had a daily rate like that before.

I have a lot of free time.

I feel like my retention goes to shit if I read 200+, so I keep it at ~100 a day.
t. potential brainlet

I don't know. I go through periods of reading loads, sometimes getting through a book a day (or every few days now i'm no longer NEET), and then weeks of reading nothing.

Depends on how I'm feeling on what day -- somedays I'll read around a hundred pages and somedays almost nada. I also have the habit of reading multiple books at the same time, so I make slow headway. Currently reading: The Illuminatus! Trilogy, Martian Time-Slip, and The Hobbit.

How are the NEETbucks flowing in this year shut-in?

go outside

No, she's beautiful. I want to scoop her by her delicate waist and kiss the potato fed mitochondria of her waxy cheek. Modest dress is entirely too much.

t. just came in my shorts

she is at least 9/10

Nonsense, she's definitely in her late teens at least.

I read about 250-300 pages a day, because I study English.

I enjoyed this post.

I read in spurts. I go from being addicted to trading shitcoins and gaming to reading for hours on end.

I feel a switch coming on but i've been reading the same 200 page book for like 3 weeks now.

It depends. Fiction I can often read for long stretches of time, but philosophy or psychology I read a few pages of and need time to think about what I just read. I find that Ill read 3 pages and then write a page in a journal. Sometimes the resulting essay is only loosely related to the reading. Been reading Twilight of the Idols and The 4 Archetypes recently.

If I really get into a book, about 50-100 pages a day.
If I'm not that into it, I'll just read a little bit here and there.

Yeah, she's great.

Man, I'm at about half that speed if I'm lucky. I get slogged down in visualizations and intrusive associative thoughts. I ought to really start mindfulness meditation soon.

lmao, reading is for NERDS!

Is that a Stephen Dedalus quote?

>tfw seeing girls this cute just makes me want to die a violent death

Between 5-65 pages per day. Depending on what I am reading and how tired I am from a 10 hr day at the plant. Mostly I read myths or non fiction.

Weekends are about double that.
My book tastes grow exponentially and I can't control myself

i try to get 100 pages a day, which can take me like 2 hours sometimes

today i read about 50-100 pages of Don Quixote part 2 in a few hours
i lolle'd

meditation won't help you, but working on your concentration while reading might. I depends also on what you read.

>Tfw after finally getting a decent, constant rhythm of 60 pages a day I went back to not reading nearly anything.
Pls end me, I'm worthless.

>you will never ever a librarianfu

for the first time in a decade i've started to read as a pass time

i read for thirty minutes today and only got nine pages, am i incredibly slow? pic related, basically only finished the foreword in half an hour

Depends. Some books read easy. Dostoevsky is like floating down a vigorous river, just keep reading.

Others I find challenging to read. It's not necessarily poor writing style, sometimes the subject matter is dense or emotionally taxing.

Ultimately you only get to read a book for the first time once. Whether it's fast or slow, hard or easy, each page you read is part of the journey. Sometimes you can't put it down and sometimes you need a six month break.

I measure my reading by books per week. A 300 page long royal octavo book takes me about a week to read at a leisury pace. I only have a handful of free hours in the day to read, and they're never contiguous. Nowadays I do most of my reading while walking from one place to another. This habit will be the end of me, I know.

>old hag
>attractive
LMAO

how does this image make you feel?

Depends on the content's complexity. Philosophy takes longer for me, around 50 pages in 2 hours with no distractions.
Lighter stuff is a breeze, probably double the rate.

Do you feel superior to those that don't read for enjoyment?

>reading while walking
I used to do this with a newspaper down a packed main road in london.

It's obnoxious but incredibly fun.

She's most likely too young.

Also, what is that language?

Makes me feel sad because if I see a pic a girl in a skirt, I always assume it's a dude with a fetish.

Why did women stop wearing skirts? Tight pants are just plain ugly desu.

I know a few girls who wear dresses... and one guy who wears skirts.

It takes me 3 and a half hours to read 100 pages, or 2 minutes a page. I'm not worried at all about my reading speed, my problem is that I don't read every day.

What's you guys' words per seconds rate?

Probably some Caucus language like Azerbaijani