goodreads.com/user/show/6261192-bbrown
goodreads.com/user/show/40444534-anmol
goodreads.com/user/show/31544336-a
goodreads.com/user/show/40786105-oliver-bagshaw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post yours first

>I need friends because I have none in real life
>doesn't post account

Well, since I have by far the worst taste of anybody on Veeky Forums, I'll break the ice.

goodreads.com/user/show/25308096-jackinator

goodreads.com/user/show/54260515

There have been less and less cool people posting these lately, I've stopped adding people with chinese comic books in their log.

>My personal goal is to read every single work ever written in the history of humanity.

You're never going to be able to get your hands on my diary desu

goodreads.com/user/show/51635060-niko

so far, everybody has been added!

goodreads.com/mrsbunny1

goodreads.com/g_euclides

what's the point of this site? i'll occasionally rate and review a book i've read, but you can do that on a million other sites

Simple: don't create an account ,buddy.

I have mostly just been using it to keep track of what books I have read for two purposes. First of all there is always the yearly challenge where you can set a goal for how many books you will read in the next year, giving me a sort of goal and motivating me to keep reading. Secondly, right now I mostly read pirated books on my e-Reader but once I graduate & have a job I would like to buy at least my favorite books I have read and start building my own personal physical library.

Sure, I'll be your friend OP.

goodreads.com/author/show/16000715.J_N_Morgan

Any other Goodreads authors in the house?

goodreads.com/user/show/66601812-alephwyr

goodreads.com/user/show/58678290-joaco

goodreads.com/user/show/36432305-michael-haase

How old are you?

Goodreads is fucking cancer.

>there was more sex between Richard and Tiffany than there was any zombie action
>Richard and Tiffany move from rape/dubious consent to full out "stick it to me NOW, DADDYYY!!!" in about 2 or 3 days.

What did you mean by this?

Also, I want to ask, since you don't seem to have much of a goodreads following if you take criticism into account (from official reviews, not amateur Goodreads ones) and do you intend to write a "breakthrough" novel or are you just happy where you are?

goodreads.com/user/show/70571344-john-douglass
Would love to add some Veeky Forums influence on Goodreads..all my friends read genre fiction

>Needing motivation to read

Reading your reviews rn. Your hit piece on The Sun Also Rises is rough. I'd recommend reading it again sometime in the future--you'll probably appreciate it more. No need to compare it to 50 Shades, man. Not tryna hate, but just thought I'd mention it.

4u

My first novel was Living amongst the Dead. A zombie survival novel with heavy emphasis on survivalism and realism. They're going through a relatively low-populated area, so once they find somewhere secure that's away from any towns then there's not much in the way of undead and there's more character development as well as, yes, sex.

>More sex than zombie action
There might be more instances with sex than with zombies, so that might be a true statement.

>From rape/dubious consent to 'stick it in me NOW, DADDY" in about 2 or 3 days
Rape/dubious consent, yes, but mostly dubious consent. 'Stick it in me NOW', I can't recall that line being used. 'Daddy', yeah, she does end up having a daddy fetish. I brought this in from personal experience; I've had a chick call out 'daddy' while I was in the process of fucking her. 2-3 days? Well, the whole novel, which is around 81,000 words and in 5x8" format roughly 235 pages, tracks something like 3-4 days in total. Over the course of that time, she tries to kill him, he could have killed her immediately after if he wanted to but didn't pull the trigger, he saved her life by letting her get into the safe spot he found from the horde of walkers that SHE brought to his location, he borderline-rapes her, eventually they get the opportunity to leave at which point she could leave him if she wanted but knows she wouldn't last long without his help so goes with him, she still has toxic feminist views and he routinely smacks her for annoying him, and that's just the first 12 hours or so spanning from roughly evening I think until the next morning. In time she eventually gets I guess, for lack of a better word, redpilled that things could have gone MUCH worse than they had. If she wasn't such a bitch, he never would have smacked her around, and as she stops being a feminist bitch he stops hitting her, so she figures out that to get respect you have to give it. By the 2nd book, I actually consider her an overall decent human being while at the start of my first book I was FULLY expecting her to not survive to the end.

I don't focus much on marketing to Goodreads... though I really probably should. I'm fine with criticism if I think it's legitimate, but in my eyes she was just a snowflake that melted, so I found it quite humourous. I have some faithful readers who have given me criticism, even negative criticism, and I was thankful for it. It helps me. Claiming that my target audience is "people who have absolutely no respect for women"? That does not help me, other than making me kek heartily. I knew from the beginning that I'd eventually incur the wrath of feminists/SJWs, and I looked forward to it. I think it was ENTIRELY worth the 2-star review, and I look forward to more.

I don't plan for a 'breakthrough' novel. I just write what interests me. If people like it, great. If people don't like it, that's fine too. With the combination of self-publishing and ghostwriting, I WILL make writing my career.

I think it is pretty clear.

Yes, I am planning a more "serious" novel, but currently I will focus on the next book of the series and will keep ghostwriting in order to finance other projects.

Uh, what? Dude, you're not me. But yeah I do plan to keep ghostwriting. As for my Living amongst the Dead series, I do consider that quite serious. Particularly the last instalment. The first half or so of the book is indeed something of a reprieve but shit gets intense fucking QUICK! Also, a longstanding conflict is finally brought to a resolution, and one that most will likely look down on Richard for.

That reminds me of the walking dead, but with more realism because if we were on a zombie apocalypse, the first thing men would do is rape 24/7, at least the young folks.
Was the walking dead your inspiration?

I've wanted to write a zombie novel since before knowing of Walking Dead, for over half a decade, but only got around to writing it in August 2016. It was finished by October 2016 less than 2 months later, but I then had to do a complete overhaul on it from about January-February 2017. There's not 24/7 rape, but realistically yeah, there'd be rape in an end-of-times situation, especially with the unbelievable violence and disrespect shown by Tiffany right off the hop. It's still debatable on whether or not Richard ever truly raped Tiff. The left throw the word around so often it's lost all meaning. Regret is rape as far as the regressive left is concerned.

I don't consider Walking Dead to be truly realistic since there's various lacking aspects. I mean, from episode 1 they fuck up with a Glock; there's no manual safety on the standard model of Glocks but Rick tells a recruit to make sure the safety is off. Then there's all the scenes of firearms being improperly handled (there's lots of images/gifs/webms on /k/ in regards to firearm inaccuracies on Walking Dead), times when the sights are partly or completely missing on designs, and then of course there's that katana. Now, I love the character Michonne, I think she's VERY well done, but I cringe every damn time I see that overrated, glorified sword. A bayonet rifle would be more useful than a sword, even if the rifle is empty. There's also things about the zombies I didn't include; the walkers in Living amongst the Dead are more in line with Romero zombies than Walking Dead zombies.

They don't lust after blood, literally lapping/licking at it when they get the chance. Covering yourself in gore won't 'hide the smell of the living' since a nose in a state of decomposition will be able to smell nothing BUT decomposing flesh, and so on. They also seem to have a never-ending supply of ammo in Walking Dead, and food is rarely an issue worth thinking of. In LAtD, the supply of food and ammo is meticulously followed, and I've painstakingly tried to keep consistency on the matter between the 5 books thus far. I also included a very interesting concept on how to keep up on ammo, a method that I've never seen in any book, game, movie, or any other form of media, but I took it from my own personal reloading experience.

goodreads.com/user/show/44189422-stone-slominis

goodreads.com/user/show/2408134-sebastian

dem number tho

Hey nice quads, friend, keep up.

Faust is my favourite book, you better like it

goodreads.com/user/show/7656933-bill

I need motivation to get up in the morning. Hence why I track and schedule all of my activities.

Jesus fuck, I would be ashamed of being your friend even if we were the last 2 persons on Earth

goodreads.com/user/show/68123481-aur-lienc I am a simple man. Beginner in literature. Add me

So far so good.

>My personal goal is to read every single work ever written in the history of humanity.
>Mostly reads My Little Pony

Friends are overrated.

...said no one who actually has friends.

my nigga. i feel comfy keeping the number of gr "friends" to a minimum, but this guy is worth adding/following.

I only have like 14 read books I don't want to be bullied

Not him but I have lots of friends and consider the concept of spending time with friends very overrated.
Luckily they are good friends so they don't care that I only show up to see them couple times a year.

Name a better site to quickly mark down interesting books with one tap of a button wherever you are and to keep track of what you have already read.
95% of my goodread use is seeing something referenced, googling it and pressing "want to read" before I forget about it.

and then you forget about it nonetheless because you have hundreds if not thousands of "want to read" books
the best is to read the "want to read" bunch before visiting Veeky Forums or friends’ feed again

Actually I use it quite regularly to figure out what to read next. It's true it grows faster than I read, but that just means more options to choose from. Realistically I remember "that one book about [...] that sounded interesting" and if I had to start googling for it instead of just checking my list it would take ages.

Yelp for books. Same pedantic, narcissistic faglords who think they are reality TV stars because they can blogpost their shit opinion.

you will be bullied eithr way

goodreads.com/user/show/34219103-zigmas

goodreads.com/user/show/35997887-lane-fontana

i just added almost all of you

get me

you can be my friend. I am a good friend.

i forgot the link
goodreads.com/user/show/54731218-jonas

You may be right, it's just I had so many books in my backlog (and still do) I had very little patience for it, and it failed to capture my attention much within the first 50 or so pages.

P.S. thanks for reading my reviews. I hope you find their information useful.

you are too kind user

fpbp

really makes you think

goodreads.com/user/show/6261192-bbrown

I write down the name of a book I want to read on a piece of paper.

"to read" books should not be counted

I was being sarcastic

this one is most popular?

>this one is most popular?
brb, gotta by the newest Bieber on JewTunes and sign up for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. Gotta keep up with what's popular, and make sure my data is being tracked for advertising purposes.

I find this whole daddy thing hot but Im not a native English speaker so maybe that is why it's not strange for me. honestly some aspects of the story sound like a headache, I read an erotic zombie romance where it was basically a guilt free way for a woman to get into a polygamous relationship with 2 guys. sometimes I wish male writers where as honest but given how much they get based for it, Im not surprised

>That reminds me of the walking dead
how basic can you be?

am I the only one who actually read The Ego and Its Own? all of you have it market as "to read" how can you be Veeky Forums and not give your time to one of the core memes?

Well you have to hang out at a popular location to get the best reviews. half the time I can't summon the energy for them so why would I write if I knew no one would read? I would also say that a large sample size of ratings helps find good books but I have been proven wrong many times

What do you mean, qnon?

you actually do rate everything 5 stars, absolute madman.

Do you like genre fiction and erotica?

why almost?

Yes for both questions

because out of endless amount of zombie crap your mind jumps to that. you are basically like those people who go "its like game of thrones but"

>tfw when all anons are added but you

You know a lot about me, uh?

Twd is currently the most famous story of the genre, so pointing the obvious is now basic?

>you:not really, looks much more like a 46 volume Korean zombie graphic novel. #does tricks with fedora $owns thebasicbitches &top 1000 mmo rank

or, or maybe it does not remind you of anything. maybe it is a zombie story with the same premise that they all have. maybe it is just a person taking a premise and doing what they want with it.

>Same premise that they all have

You know nothing about zombie stories that's all ARRESTMYCASE

>zombie story with the same premise that they all have.

You know nothing about zombie storiest. Thats all, arrest my case!

Kek

I certainly wouldn't call my Living amongst the Dead series a romance, but it does have erotic aspects. As the series continues, I find it gets less and less sexual, but there's sexual points in just about all books in the series to some degree or another. The first book in the series seems the most sexually driven. I don't think it's a guilt-free way of doing anything in particular; it just allows me to explore how things might go in a lawless situation. It's also a method in which I can explore some political aspects, for instance cancerous feminism, racist Black Lives Matter, the hypocrisy behind the concept of blacks can't be racist against whites but whites can be racist against blacks, and of course the problem with Islam in the west. The Islamic issue is specifically brought up in "Living amongst the Dead: Struggles New and Old".

In truth, the books are set in Canada, and the firearms in the books are ones that are popular in this country. Justin Trudeau is mentioned at some point, and how he let a bunch of refugees into the nation. Once the Muslims are brought into the story though it mostly critiques their culture from the Middle East, their lack of respect for women, how women are often denied education (since the girl wasn't allowed to learn how to read or write), and also incest along with child marriage. Spoiler alert, the two Muslims are an older man and a 12 year old girl, they pretend to be father and daughter, but they're actually cousins who are husband and wife. They put up the show because they realize that's thoroughly taboo in the western country they find themselves in. I also describe the process of ghusl, which is a ritualized and religious method of cleaning one's self before prayer, and then the morning prayer is shown in detail. I did a fair bit of research into Islam and Middle Eastern culture before implementing such things.

My LAtD series is based in Canada, that alone makes it quite different from most zombie books. Specifically they're around the Great Lakes area. I know exactly where, but the character's don't. I think it's around early October in the last book, starts around September 1st give or take a week (they don't know exactly what the date is), so it'll be getting cold before long. How they'll survive the winter, I don't yet know, maybe they won't, we'll have to wait and see, but I can easily see this 5-book series becoming 20+ over time.

i can't believe you didn't add a fellow joanna newsom lover

Beginner in literature, 18yo going through the starter kit and other simple shit. Add me please. I'll be grateful. goodreads.com/user/show/40444534-anmol

yw.
btw this is not my post

Howdy fellas goodreads.com/user/show/31544336-a

goodreads.com/user/show/40786105-oliver-bagshaw

Always up for recommendations. Real human beans only.