Fasting

do you ever fast ck? this thing feels amazing if done properly, it can be as good as eating.

im in the middle of the third day of a dry fast, and just resting doing nothing feels so good.

even a periodic single day will make one feel good in general. do some research and try it, your body and mind will thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m6KClPkotxM&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is fasting good?

I always have fear of fasting or eating less because I always hear that when you comeback eating, you become fat just by eating normally, as your body consumes much more calories than before.

I did a 48 hour fast over the weekend, got to ketosis. I felt great, but then I had a date for dimsum so I broke it shortly after. Getting past those two days is the hardest part to motivate myself through, but after that it's no problem

When i was growing up, I remember being taught that 6 small meals of 350 calories a day was the healthiest way to live. Fast forward 20 years, now fasting for long periods of time is now trendy...

Not commenting on how effective each method is, but it sure feels like we're just being manipulated by bullshit 'nutritionists'.

youtube.com/watch?v=m6KClPkotxM&t
Let Rhonda explain it to you.

well i think that happens because a fast is a cleanse that improves your assimilation capacities and so what you considered normal will be better assimilated or stocked. but thats a problem if one does it with a certain goal in mind, like losing weight but keeping the bad habits.

dates are pretty concentrated food. even just one. i usually break it with oranges or watermelon.

>dates are pretty concentrated food
kek

>dates
Fine post

Have you ever fasted so hard you died?

I wish

Depends on your goals.

Eating small, high protein meals frequently is good for muscle building because it manipulates hormone levels.

Fasting or calorie restriction tends to be better for longevity and disease prevention because it stimulates DNA protective pathways.

(All other nutrient variables being equal.)
Want more info? Watch any or Dr. Greger's Youtube videos and get your daily dose of G-BOMBS.

why do i find jewish women so fucking hot? am i a stealth jew?

dry fasting? so you haven't had water in 3 days?

ya no water at all. if one is gonna fast better to do it all the way for the benefits to go as far as possible

IF is whatever, I've done it and haven't felt very different. When I first heard of people fasting randomly (especially dry fasting) I thought it was retarded but I'm kind of curious about trying a water fast, maybe during a break so it doesn't get in the way of work though.

I fast twice a month. 72 hours around the full moon and 36 hours around the new moon. I do water and occasionally some herbal tea. I like it, it's helped me reevaluate food and my diet. Also food is amazing after 3 days

Fasting sucks dick, I'm a skinny 150 pounder and can hardly go 6 hours without eating.

I've completed a 21 day fast (water only) and am currently on day 10 out of 12 of a second fast (water only).

Ask me anything.

>get in the way of work

thats always an important point. it is of course better to give the body a general rest, ie make a fast when you can stop all activity and just rest, ut f one wants to do it in the midst of normal everyday life i dont think that one can go further than a couple of days cause on a fast there will always be a short period after the start, where high weakness will be felt during which the body will adjust to the new conditions.

that sounds good as part of ones schedule.

im skinny af too. that has nothing to do with your being able to fast or not. actually, if you eat normally and cant gain weight, a fast will help cause it improves assimilation, which is why some skinny people can gain weight easily. eating all the time just clogs your system.

wow thats another level. that is beyond amateurish fasting for the health of it. i think such fields can only be attained in the context of a religious practice or something of the kind.

Fasting lowers testosterone.

See you on the news next week

I am on a water fast, already 7 days in, feel good and don't even feel hungry, easy

Idk mate but I suffer from the same disease

And libido.
I havent had the urge to fap since i started fasting last 2 months.

haven't eaten any thing in 67 days and still going, just drink a little bit of water and take a multi vitamin occasionally, lost 36 pounds so far

Anons, I'm afraid you may be... straight.

Get the fuck out.

Not OP but fasting has ridiculous health benefits and the study of such won the nobel prize in 2016

link to study or it did not happen