Why does the government want you to consume so much dairy? Is there any proof that it's actually healthy?

Why does the government want you to consume so much dairy? Is there any proof that it's actually healthy?

Why question the dairy part, and not the grains part? Or the proportion of fruit to protein?

Harvard recommends basically the same thing, only difference being less dairy. Their nutrition science department is independent of the USDA.

The standards for how much dairy to consume were recently lowered, no idea where you're getting this idea that you need a lot, it's like 1-2 servings a day.

I fucking hate people who think they need a bagillion proteins every day, fucking retarded (inb4 b-but i lift! Sure you do, Arnold)

.This. Dairy is there only because of dairy lobbyists.

post body

Milk contains estrogen, they want you to become soyboys.

>drinking cow milk makes you a soyboy

Do you even realize how stupid you /pol/tards sound?

Big Dairy wants you to buy it. They lobby the fuck out of the government to get tax breaks and subsidies. Try proposing something to regulate Diary and you will get destroyed. Dairy trucks, for example, get to ignore tons of rules on overloads for their loads when crossing bridges. There is no reason for it other than the huge lobbying power of the dairy industry.

The government only wants you to eat more vegetables than anything else because they assume you'll buy local and keep the economy chugging along.

This has to be the dumbest post I've read in years.

Sure it is

Nothing pol about reality.

What about tiddymilks

why does the harvard nutrition website shit on potatoes, is it an anti-irish thing?

You can literally live on nettles and cream with a strong stout body

>STRONG
>STOUT
>BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

>Is there any proof that it's actually healthy?

Everything kills you to a more or lesser agree, no naturally sourced food has evolved to perfectly feed us except human breastmilk. Are there other natural sources of nutrients which kill you less than milk, sure.

Milk consumption in children does make them taller though. Manlets would say that isn't inherently healthy ... but who cares about the opinions of manlets?

Tiddymilks

Potatoes are pretty nutritionally solid but they're high on the glycemic index so they will still spike your blood sugar.

This. Why do you think breakfast cereal is such a booming industry in this country?

The government in general props up Big Agriculture. Big fucking surprise. I am a bitch for a good cheese though.

Good cheese, even in the US, is as far away as you can get from big agri.

Agreed. It's usually small farmers or the Amish producing our best cheese.

>the govnerment people up big agriculture
You ditz. Governments and agriculture have been working hand in hand since literally the beginning of human civilization. In fact the only reason governments exist at all is because agriculture got a bunch of people to stop moving around long enough for them to build houses and make laws.

Cus calcium is good for you.