>nobody knows
>one guy buys 3 pizzas from dominos
>ask him why he only got cheese
>i don't like all the weird stuff on my pizza
>everything is cold by the time it arrives, no hotplates or anything
>the rolls are frozen hard, can probably cut diamonds with them
>they're treating it like it's the best thing they've ever had
>overhear people saying the food i brought tastes weird
>overhear parents apologizing to them, making sure to mention i like sushi and i have weird tastes
>4 two liter bottles of diet drinks, one 12 pack of bud light
>constantly harassed for being "skinny"
>people keep trying to get me to try their special recipe casserole
>they all taste exactly the same

does this happen to anyone else?
is this just a southern thing?
if i ever have to deal with this shit again i'm changing my name and moving to minnesota

Enjoy little Ethiopia. Because that's what Minnesota is now.

God I'm so happy I live within an hours drive of a coastline in a major city

Somalia*

Sounds like you come from poor stock friend.

Being a bitchy autist doesn't cancel out your garbage bin genetics.

Having a surperiority complex doesn't make you better than your family you sperg

>autistic as fuck

You mean Somalia.
god these retards from /pol/ cant even keep their racist bullshit right

>Assflustered millenial with cultivated social anxiety disorder projects the meanie things his extended family says about illegals on Facebook on to their cooking and by extension his own.
>"Baw I wanna move to a fun liberal place :((("
You're a grown ass man op, move or shut the fuck up. Next.

What did you make? I'm sorry your family is full of white trash retards, OP.

Alright, I'll bite. What dish did you bring, user?

>how dare my family want to involve me and not agree me with 100%
Your family is shit but so are you.

>Southern
>12 types of casserole

Nice fucking bait coastie, that's a midwest thing.

What did you bring?
Also, I'd have told my parents to fuck off for trying to apologize for me.

Not sure if you're retarded or baiting. The idea that Southern mouthbreathing poorfags don't eat casseroles is fucking hilarious.

I can't speak for the south but in Oklahoma there's always bbq, chicken, and other meats not casseroles. Of course I don't come from trash so how would I know about OP's case.

No one, save for corn-swilling Iowans, has that many casseroles in one sitting.

It would have been believable if there were ribs, copious amounts of grits, RC Cola, and other "holy shit we are fat" foods that actual southerners eat.

This.
Casserole is a thing here but nowhere near like the midwest.
Any proper southern family reunion would be pork bbq. Possibly whole hog.

I don't understand this.

People who live in rural areas generally live a higher quality of life with larger houses, own their own property, and enjoy a more refined lifestyle.

City dwellers live like human-sardines packed into small apartment complex and town houses. Poor quality of life, polluted air quality, un-drinkable water, niggers...

You clearly grew up in the suburbs, because modern rural America is a depressing hellscape of closed businesses, corporate farm takeovers, and drug abuse.
source: my high school had a fucking cow pasture next to it

Either trolling or a complete moron. 2/10 got me to reply

where does that happen. subhumans.

id be worried if i fitted in such an environment.

move as soon as you can, i dont want to imagine the rest of the everyday lives of people who do that.

My family owns farming property, my childhood home was across the street from a dairy farm.

I live in "rural" areas, but upper-middle class areas.

The point is, 15,000-30,000 a year in the South gets you a WAY better quality of life than New York.

Not an argument.

If you got something to say then say it I'm still in the thread.

>Bullshit
>It's full list niggers just a different kind

>4 two liter bottles of diet drinks, one 12 pack of bud light
>one 12 pack of bud light

it was just regular corned beef, nothing weird or special about it
also had some reubens i made fresh before i left
the beef had been only cured for about 3 days, but i tasted everything and it didn't taste weird or unusual to me

don't misunderstand, i don't dislike them or anything, and most of them are good people
it just really bothers me that they were harassing me for not being a lardass, and felt the need to constantly shit on me for my tastes

Ah, so you're an out of touch rich kid who is surprised that poor people exist. Got it. Also, you can't buy class.

This is only true if you stopped reading history around 1900/1910 and never got past the Industrial Revolution.

So, do you consider yourself the exact same as a Swede? Or an Italian? Or a Greek? Or a Frenchman? You're so stupid I'm surprised you don't have constant headaches from your two brain cells trying to rub together.

You're making everything way too personal.

All I'm saying is that there are poor people in every state but that you get more for less in rural areas.

What is this utter queer-bait even on about?

Can't buy class? Yikers, someone's getting a little cringy with their replies.

>called out for bullshit
>taking it "too personal"

oh

You can't. Both of my parents grew up poor, but they have money now, and guess what: they're still white trash.

Alright you're starting to piss me off.

I said that your money buys you a better life in a rural area because of living space, air, and water quality.

If you have a counter-argument then post it. Otherwise, go fuck yourself.

> SEETHING

You said that rural yokels "enjoy a more refined lifestyle." This is what is laughable about your post.

(You) here's your attention dude, sad life.
Yeah, I guess you can fixate on the one thing I said wrong..not sure how to express my point but you're right "refined" wasn't the right word.

>he's still seething

I live in the midwest.
If you bring a casserole to an event I'm hosting, I will bury you in back yard.

really boggles the mindjimmies how Veeky Forums is one of the last holdouts of 2016-era /pol/posting

like, nigga out of all the boards to harass people on you choose the food and cooking board. It's like that comic where the dude who hates anime is trying to find the perfect board to post on and out of all the forums he finally gets to Veeky Forums and is like, 'perfect.' Makes no sense my dude.

Found the nigger!

Based.

theres nothing weird about corned beef
kind of weird they would complain

OBSESSED

GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE POST ON Veeky Forums LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN SINCE 2003

IT'S THE /CURRENT YEAR/ ARE YOU KIDDING ME

This is bait though, since the joke is that you're emulating the picture that you described.

LA LUZ EXTINGUIDO JAJAJAJA

Sorry, no, I guarantee I'm whiter than you, just MUCH more intelligent.

"Still whiter than you achmed"

T. 56%er

See, moron.

What the fuck are you even trying to say? Use ENGLISH, tardfart.

>butthurt 56%er can't comprehend his own language

Jajajaja el goblino

>threatens to move Minnesota and change name due to eating casserole at reunion.

not the same guy but I will say your options become very restricted. In the age of online shopping it's not quite so bad, but if you aren't near a decent grocery store, it could be an hour+ away before you can get to somewhere with a decent food selection.
You also are severely restricted on the people you interact with, and the jobs available unless you're willing to commute long distances or work in agriculture (which is much less lucarative than it used to be)
Also, good luck getting decent internet, so working remote isn't usually an option.

Holy shit, how fucking salty and incorrect can you be

No, it's like the weeb who wants to find the best Veeky Forums board to post his dumb fucking nipshit on and ignores all the weeb boards and decides to post it on /v/

>does this happen to anyone else?
>is this just a southern thing?

Guess I've never actually attended a full blown family reunion but plenty of large extended family gatherings, and it's never been the case for me.

Actually whoever brings shit food gets the ever loving shit talked about them for it behind their back and at any subsequent gathering they are told to "nt worry about bringing anything".

Never has a casserole been the meal focus, a few might be brought but it's never been an overwhelming option.

Myself and most of my family is from Alabama.

>Implying Minnesota isn't the same way with their casseroles, aka "hotdish"

The trick to being the awkward skinny kid at the reunion is not to draw undue attention to yourself.

>Don't get too drunk & if they try to force booze on you just say you have to drive at some point
>Don't wear something bright or with a logo on it.
>Always answer in short responses
>Flip the "how are you? How is work? What's new?" type of questions back at your family and at least pretend to be an attentive listener
>Never complain about shit, none of them care anyway and just makes you look bad
>Don't talk politics

If you must make a dish, make a plate of homemade rice krispie treats. Nobody ever fucking complains about rice krispie treats. If you must be an attention seeking faggot, substitute rice krispies for fruity pebbles. God damn delicious and impossible to fuck up.

Source: survived 25 years of being the odd duck of a huge fucking extended family and being forced to go to tons of family shit.

>If you must be an attention seeking faggot, substitute rice krispies for fruity pebbles. God damn delicious and impossible to fuck up.
That shit is terrible, but making a batch using 4 cups of rice krispies and 2 cups of cocoa pebbles can go over really well.

You're the one who brought politics into this post, retard. OP never said anything remotely political but you still got triggered.