Be honest, how unhealthy is your diet Veeky Forums?

Be honest, how unhealthy is your diet Veeky Forums?

pretty shite honestly. wish it was better, but i'm too depressed to care

I'm honestly surprised I don't have diabetes at this point. I gained over 90 pounds in one year. Currently losing it all but I have regularly binged 5k+ calories a day with no problem

Kinda bad, gotta eat a lot of pussy to get Veeky Forums

Mostly fantastic.
I eat decent meals, but I have a stomach condition where I never feel hungry so only eat 1 decent meal a day that's usually pretty healthy, minus the very occasional take-away.
I rarely eat crisps (chips) or biscuits (cookies) or sweet "candy" stuff... very rarely, but might binge one day in the month maybe.

It's alcohol that's the bad side of my diet.
I drink A LOT of ale and lager.
Like, a lot.
And a lot of whiskey.

I do well during the weeks food wise. Weekends maybe over eat. But doesnt matter, I drink 2-6 12pks of beer a week. Maintaininga bout 235-245 by going to gym 4 times a week.

Very healthy since I've switched to a soy based diet over the last few years.

Have you also by any chance purchased a nintendo switch recently?

Healthy pescatarian diet based on whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruit, and kippers.

No, too many other financial obligations honestly.

Like just this month I've been struggling to find affordable gifts for valentines day for my wife.

I ended up finding a decently affordable diamond ring set and a surgeon willing to work a reasonable payment plan on the breast augmentation she has been asking for.

but it's funny, I spilled the soybeans on a little gift. I've bought the bull, the wife, and the wife's son seats dead center middle row for the local Black Panther premiere, they let me drink my soylent out of the bathroom window window of the master bedroom tonight
we're all on cloud nine

Pretty fucking bad, but I'm working on improving it. I put on weight incredibly easily and it pisses me off. It took me many months to lose ~30lbs with regular dieting and exercise, but I put on ~40lbs over the course of about 3 months of lapsing. Shit is infuriating.

Some people are just meant to be fat user...

Whatever I have is soda, chips, oreos, and fast food. I do have yogurt and something healthy occasionally but mostly shit.

I eat pretty healthy, but honestly I'm sure I could do better (especially when it comes to processed foods).

But, the nature of my job dictates that sometimes I gotta eat like shit, thanks to time constraints

Extremely. On a scale of 1-10 probably a 9

>Daily caloric intake 4000+ minimum.
>Drink more soda than water (coca cola and mountain dew are my favorite).
>95% of diet consists of takeout/delivery/fastfood/processed storebought stuff. Remaining 5% is from the "healthy" stuff that comes along with the rest of the junk I eat for instance I love mushrooms so when I order a large mushroom and pepperoni pizza or bacon cheeseburger (with lettuce onion and tomato) at least I have some vitamins from that.

I mean, I've never personally broken 200lbs, but at 5'10" that isn't saying much. In addition to my crippling laziness and addiction to fast food, I also lost the genetic lottery, and the men throughout my dad's side of the family have always been fat dudes. Even my grandfather, a construction worker and athlete during the 50s to the day he died, was overweight.

Same here. I am 5'5, 250lbs, and bald with a 4 inch dick and I have breasts. I hate myself so much. And I am only 21. I wanna kill myself. People especially women are so mean to me. Only food is my escape and please in life. Life is not fair. Society is fucking vain and evil.

We all die bro, even the millionaire Chads. If food makes you happy enjoy it. It's all so meaningless in spite of how badly we want it not to be.

i would be super healthy if i didn't drink beer

i was almost 400 pounds and got pneumonia and almost died
now i'm down 50 pounds from juicing raw veggies and fruits most days of the week. i usually don't eat during the day except for juice or a snack and at dinner my usual go to is a pound of 99% fat free ground turkey fried up with an onion and eaten out of a bowl with two slices of toast like Meatabix
once a month i'll get a case of beer or a bottle of vodka and pig out on mcdonalds and get fucked up or so
i also don't buy soda anymore but i'll drink it if someone else offers
>losing weight slowly but surely
my fuckin sweatpants fall down to my ankles now. tonight i made soup with potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, and matzo ball mix which i think is pretty stellar even tho muh carbs muh egg yolks muh salt

i'm vegetarian so mostly decent desu

Probably a 10. Eat vegetables (peas) once a week at the very most and the rest is mostly rice and pieces of meat / frozen processed stuff. Don't care if it kills me in my 50s

You're gonna make it, dude.

good luck man!

Good for you, user. You should diversify your diet though.

I ate truckloads of basically everything, vegetables included. It's about the only reason for why I wish I could "forget" to eat, it'd make a diet so much easier.

thanks guys i wasn't even looking for praise but it feels good
i have one friend so we cook a lot together so i don't eat the same turkey shit every day, we've been fucking around with shishito peppers and veggie stir fries and chili and lots of good homemade stuff.
having just quit my job doesn't help with expanding my menu choices, fuckin turnips were like $2 a pound and shit's rough these days. i wanted to kill myself having to pay for something in emergency parking meter quarters today.

also i really don't exercise much at all i average about a mile and a half per day of walking when my phone tracks it
if i doubled up on my exercise i could lose twice the weight twice as fast but it's hard enough getting out of bed in the morning let alone find motivation
>excuses excuses
i know i know

If your yogurt has added sugar, it isn't really healthy.

Pretty healthy. I don't eat sugar, carbs or processed foods. I cook a lot of fish, chicken, eggs and fresh vegetables. 22 BMI.

Shame about the head full of hot air though

>find motivation
Fuck Motivation. That shit will run away from you at the worst time, or turn on you and fuck you in the ass at the first opportunity. You don't need motivation, you need discipline (or routine, which ever works for you).

>i average about a mile and a half per day of walking when my phone tracks it if i doubled up on my exercise
Don't start out trying to double it, just try to walk an extra 2 blocks each trip for a week, then two more blocks and so on. Having your phone track it is great.

tfw not a cityfag so blocks don't exist here
i live on an island and then if i cross into the mainland everything is spread out for miles
fuck south florida

>I don't eat sugar, carbs or processed foods.

LOL and I bet you really think you are healthier than most people because you don't eat these things.

Fantastic.
Sun-friday evening I eat strict paleo.
Friday night I will drink but I'll have vodka waters and Michelobs. Food is whatever Friday night.

Saturday is fasting till 1, I eat hangover cure food.

No soda or unnatty shit juice. Only fresh squeezed.

5'7 170 lbs

There's nothing stopping you from not eating processed junk food.

Objectively, yes. That automatically makes my diet healthier than most. This guarantees I do not consume any refined sugars or trans fats.

And I don't drink alcohol, either.

Pro tip: sugar and fat isn't bad for you autist. Just don't go overboard.

Sugar and trans fats (hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated vegetable oils) are objectively bad for you. I have no problem with natural fats. They are an essential nutrient.

I dont eat processed foods and cook my own food from veggies. eat eggs a bunch. rare occassion eat meat it's usually chicken or fish but that's mostly cause im poor
19 bmi

Most days I only consume vitamins, water, and alcohol. I am horribly depressed but at least I'm not fat.

Fat isn't bad but sugar is literally cancer food.

Extremely

Malt liquor, fried food, and pizza

I work in a bakery and I like food. No matter how healthily I eat otherwise, I get hungry at work and there's a bunch of delicious sweet options right in front of me.

I eat veggies and protein everyday, but damn those cupcakes. I like to imagine that being on my feet all day is the reason I'm not a whale.

Honestly my diet has gone to shit because I'm recovering from an injury that required several surgeries to my leg so even just standing up for just 10 minutes wiped me out, much less cooking.
I've been relying on a lot packaged convenience foods, so when I'm finally healed up I'm going to have to work to get my good eating habits back.

not awful. as long as i don't impulse buy stupid shit while grocery shopping and control my portions it's pretty good. i generally try to eat 1200-1400 calories a day.

Before christmas 2017:
>Alfredo based pastas
>Frozen pre-process chicken
>Frozen pasta dinners when i didnt feel like cooking
>Pina colada mixers (non alcoholic)
>Pineapple/fruit juice concentrates
>High sugar jellies and jam
>Fast food
>White chocolate
>Starbucks coffee drinks

>After Christmas 2017 when Keto-acidosis hit:
>Alfredo based pastas
>Various hand tossed salads from various cultures
>Mint leaf vegetable shakes
>Sandwiches with greens and fish
>High Anti-ox fruits
>Baked vegetables
>Real non-processed meat
>Fresh produce
>Lots of water
>Herbal tea

why the switch? legitimate care for yourself or meme new years resolution?

Keto-acidosis. I wound up in the hospital with a 550 Blood sugar level 3 days before christmas eve. Still waiting on my A1C, but right now i'm being treated as a type 1 patient. Mom had it too, so it's likely carried over to me through genetics.

Its weird though, the switch wasn't necessarily my call, My body just started getting cravings for food i rarely touched, primarily vegetables, and here I am now having fun making all kinds of Greek/Ceasar/Asian green dishes every night, to the point my diet has become half and half. I can't even eat as much as I used to and a small saucer of food fills me up now where as a large saucer of food still had me peckish.

sorry i'm retarded and drunk and didn't read the keto-acidosis part of your post. that sucks ass dude, my condolences. what exactly is it? i don't understand the affliction in its entirety.
sometimes when i eat really shitty for a week or two straight i get cravings for fresh steamed broccoli or baked asparagus and greens and shit. i'm pretty fat and don't take the best care of myself but there are some days where all i want is ice water and a grilled chicken salad with no dressing even though i'm close to 300 pounds

Late-onset type 1? Sucks. However, since I wasted this opportunity when I was diagnosed in childhood, I recommend you go on a full ketogenic diet. I'm fucking curious if you could extend the "honeymoon" phase of diminished, yet still working pancreatic function. God, what I would give to never have had to take insulin injections.

Most of my calories come from beer the rest burgers. Im 25 6ft 160lb. Ill fix it some day user....

I definitely need to drastically cut back on sugar intake and could stand to eat more vegetables. I've gained about 15 pounds over the past 6 months because I got a job and now eat out a lot more. It's hard to stop cause eating tasty food is basically the only joy I get out of life.

Its a state of keytones building up in the blood and urine. It just means the kidneys have trouble filtering due to excessive sugar in the blood. So my body was entirely acidic and sweating profusely. Like a computer thats overworked.

I'm barely 170 myself, and I lost 10 lbs worth of fluid and chemicals from the excessive dehydration that I needed magnesium and potassium IVs injected back into me, so that was fun. I chose to just start eating better things, A. because I need to maintain my blood sugars and carb ratings, and B. Because assuming I am type 1, I need to make sure i know my levels and what I should/shouldn't have to keep my levels managed.

Its honestly not so bad, if anything it just shocked me into actually regulaitng my intake now. I eat about 900-1400 calories a day with the small meals I make, and I can easily have a good small dessert still as long as I account the insulin for it.

I honestly don't think it's for me. I've looked at the perks, but I'm italian blood at heart, Giving up actual semolina pasta for 0 carb vegetable alternatives would never sit with me. I'm willing to try lower things, but I can't ever just sub out entirely.

>I can easily have a good small dessert still as long as I account the insulin for it
Other type 1 again. Please don't fall for this. It's a trap. This is the lie they told all of us type 1's back in the 90's. I did okay for a while, but after a decade I started getting insulin-resistant and fat.

When I say good dessert, I'm talking 2 blocks of a chocolate bar and strawberries, or a small scoop of gelato. I never exceed 20g of carb per dessert.

Well, good luck then. I wouldn't wish this disease on my worst enemy.

I never exceed 20g of carbs per day. Holy shit, loving life now with a 5.5 A1c.

I can't even fathom that personally. I love bread and cheese too much.

Well, I had decades of decent health doing what I was doing. Then it just kept getting worse with, high highs, erratic control, feeling shitty. When faced with the choice between feeling like utter shit, being on dialysis, then dying before I reach 60 and not eating fucking bread or whatever, I chose not eating it. My god, I think about the other ones my age who just kept plugging along with shit blood sugars. There was this one girl who died at 27. Another guy just said fuck it I guess and ate all high-carb shit. He was on dialysis and died at 33.

It has been getting healthier. I used to be a super picky fuck but I've broadened my horizons a lot over the ast few years, but the most this year. I used to hate greens and veggies and now I cook with onions and carrots a good deal, and I even go for the odd green bean now and then. I eat most fruits. At this moment I really just need to watch my portion sizes. It wasn't so bad until I got married, but my wife is one of those people who needs about 3000 calories a day to not get underweight so I've gotten a bit in the habit of cooking huge, rich meals to help her put some more weight on.

Really bad, I can't be arsed to cook properly most of the time so mostly it's just frozen shit with rice or oven fries.

I'm also prone to binge eating and drinking whenever anything remotely stressful happens, and then the next day I feel like shit about having done that so I skip eating completely. Pretty sure I'm not going to live long.

Weekdays pretty good.
Eggs and toast every morning, something small for lunch, light snack between that and dinner, then a normal dinner that has some kind of meat and vegetables usually
Weekends are another story I dont really care what I during those
I figure being good balances that but what do I know, I do know that the last time I went to the doctors and got my bloodwork and all that done they told me I was pretty healthy though and didnt need to make any big changes besides lowering my sodium intake a bit, which is understandable because I'm a total salt fiend

Just recently it was pretty good. I had cut back on drinking, almost completely stopped fast food, no real sodas, and ate mostly unprocessed food.

I got sent to BFE for work though a couple weeks ago, and I've eaten nothing but fast food for lunch and dinner, and the shitty hotel continental breakfast, all with tons of coffee

Breakfast: microwaved sausage and egg bagel, oatmeal, fruit salad and milk
Lunch: Whopper and Chicken sandwich for $6
Dinner: Bacon and egg scramble bowl, yogurt, milk, fruit (all swiped from breakfast)

My job is pretty active and physical, but I don't think it's enough to counteract the damage I'm doing. I look and feel soft and doughy, I'm tired all the time, and everything hurts. Plus it's cold as fuck outside so I can't walk/jog like I have been. Can't wait to go home.

Did you ever drink? I've been non alcoholic my whole life, and now I don't plan to start.

I never understood why businesses expect to send people places for long periods of time and then not pay for a long-stay type place. My dad had to deal with it, and he was even allowed to expense food so a longstay would have saved them money.

Not habitually. I drink a glass of wine about 4 times a year and I drink one shot of whisky on my birthdays. I don't really understand how alcohol affects your blood glucose control, but in my early 20's I found out it can make things really fucky. It's not worth it. Type 1's already have enough problems.

Not good but I exercise a lot and I don't eat big portions

I suppose I'm in a long stay place. It had a fridge and microwave. And a couch and and desk I haven't touched

It's just that I'm working 12-14 hours a day of pretty tough labor, and the only thing I can bring myself to do when I get off is just grab shitty fast food and pass out.

I'm actually allotted a per diem too, but since this is my first work trip with this company I'm going on the cheap in case I have any issues.

Not him, but you have to realize medical insulin in the 90's versus today is different. They fucked us up royally with the first line of medical insulins because they weren't meant to be a long term thing. It's only when diabetes became more prominent they started developing long term fluid designed for the body to accept. The chances of rejection have gone down a lot too.

Not at all, it just sucks trying to eat at any restaurant because everyone in this country wants to shove fucking carbs down your throat, of which I'm limited to 50g daily.

"Eat some fucking bread"
"Eat some fucking rice"
"Eat some fucking sugar coated frosting"

The insulin insensitivity thing happened to me with Lantus and Humalog. These are modern insulins. I'm fine now thanks to the retarded keto diet thing. I do remember when I was a kid another kid had developed an allergy or something to every type of regular insulin and had to do it all with just NPH.

digging my grave one spoonful at a time

Look at your stomach. If it jiggles, obviously not great.

What country? I'm in the US and lately I have been able to find at least one or two things on the menu at most restaurants that are very low-carb. Sometimes I sub whatever carb with a side of vegetables. For when everyone is ordering dessert, I order a coffee and cheese (nicer restaurants usually have a cheese menu).

Human bodies are different though. Your susceptibility isn't exactly the same as someone elses. It all depends on how they're built, and how their immune system is.

Is lantus supposed to burn slightly? I get a bit of a burning feeling when it injects sometimes, but its like 2 seconds long then over.

Yes. They balance the pH levels in the solution with HCL. Look at the label. That sweet burn of delayed release. I think it's worse when you hit a nerve ending. I usually abort and move sites when that happens because there tends to be a vein really close to the nerve. That feeling of dread when you think you might have bled out part of the dose is the worst.

>amphetamines
>cigarettes
>coffee (sometimes w/ milk)
>altoids
And yet, I still manage to be a somewhat big guy. If I weren't getting laid all the time, I think I would be motivated to lose weight.

1/3 of my diet is pretty healthy, the other 2/3 is vodka.

good luck dude, youre not alone in this fight

I drink a lot of diet soda, like, literally replaced everything I drink with it
I try to excsersise every now and then but if I don't I change my caloric intake so I don't gain weight
My diet consists of whatever is cheap or half price due to expiration date soon
Most of the food I eat is meat I guess, but a wide variety and mostly chicken
I also eat nuts for the tastiness and for the fats and stuff.
I don't eat candy, chips, deep fried, regular soda, or anything high carb really.

I live in the ATL area, so that may play a part. I'd imagine places like NYC and LA have more options.

I basically only eat pork belly

Was bad until 2 days ago. Making a drastic change in my life and diet. My regular diet isn't terrible, but it's the booze that was ruining me. Between the calories in the booze I drink and the inevitable drunk munchies/cooking and hangover foods, it was pretty bad. I legitimately am probably 30 pounds overweight now which is fucking preposterous. Fortunately I'm pretty broad shouldered and built, so it doesn't show as much as it would on others, but with my shirt off it's not ideal at all.

Been sober for 3 days now, just went grocery shopping yesterday and spent more than usual on a shitload of veggies, lean meats, and healthier foods. Going to try and avoid fast food like the plague and do all my cooking and eating at home. Going on a keto diet mainly to see if it'll help me feel better since I've never tried it and have heard mixed results so I figured why the hell not?

I'm just so fucking bored without the booze, it sucks. In between jobs currently, so I've just been cleaning my apartment like crazy and shitposting and hiking and reading all day. Sounds nice in theory, but god damnit I just wanna go to my bar and bullshit and booze with the regulars. Might swing by today and just have a Diet Coke and watch the Duke vs. UNC game. I do feel a lot better now that the haze of the constant drunk/hangover is gone. My mind is much clearer and my body is obviously trying to purge my system of the garbage I've put it through the past few months. Been shitting and pissing like crazy. Feels good. On the right track, I guess... At least the weather is beautiful out here in the Treasure Valley. If this winter was anything like last winter being snowed in, I'd be going nuts.

Do keto diets allow cheese? Because thats a deal breaker for me. I refuse to give up real cheese for vegan process.

Day 3 of water fast. Did a salt flush for first time ever yesterday and it was glorious, I felt like I needed a cigarette after that.
I'm not fat, just trying to reset my gut flora to baseline I guess.
I want a burger.

I've been working on transitioning to a plant based diet, I'm on the last bit of honey in my house then it'll be good sans the oil which is harder to give up it turns out

Not bad. Mostly meats and veggies. Eggs for breakfast. Usually only drink coffee or water, beer on weekends too.

I do snack a little too much though. Cutting down on that though.

Its fucked.. Only because of the fucking depressed assholes i am friends/live with.

Whenever im by myself i start eating vegetals.. Otherwise its fucking chicken, chips, chocolates donuts and latte's

And the people that constantly eat this shit have high metabolism so they dont see a fuxkin problem with it

You can turn down the chips and donuts you fat unthinking retard

Crack whores barely count user

You fat fucking shit you deserve hell in your life

You’ll be fine

Yes. During the fermentation of cheese the lactose (sugar) in milk is converted to lactic acid, and the end product is mostly fat and protein.

burgers pizza tacos, pretty much your pic but WTF is THAT?

That's a French hotdog

Mixed like a trannies gender.

I try to be healthy but life gets in the way a lot. Today tried to eat and drink healthily then lost 6-8 hrs work. Now i'm eating baked chickpeas and drinking bourbon.