Ah New York. Any food in the world can be found here... so long as it isn't Halloumi...

Ah New York. Any food in the world can be found here... so long as it isn't Halloumi, in which case no one but the hairiest Greek immigrant will know what you're talking about, but even he will not be able to source it.

Other urls found in this thread:

jeepneynyc.com/dinner-menu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Great question. How do I subscribe for more?

just order some online

>Ah
What did you mean by this?

Halloumi can lick my dick. it's the anchovies of cheese. Needless salty shit.

Did you try looking in Queens?

>Any food in the world can be found here
Show me a place that serves balut.

your local hawaiian douchebag or filipino 'food' stall

OP is trying to get us to drop our halloumi sources in NY. Sorry, not going to fall for it.

Bullshit. You just have to be brave enough to get out of Manhattan and over to Bay Ridge or Astoria.

it checks out jeepneynyc.com/dinner-menu/

now show me where i can eat a Witchetty grub.

Bullshit. No one's coming here to eat fucking bugs.

Would a white person be safe if they went walking off the main streets in New York?

No crab soup for you!

yes.

It's the white ones you gotta watch out for.

Someone might bump into you and say "hey I'm walkin' here"

NYC is one of the safest cities in America, which is also why there's no good art that comes out of New York anymore. Poor creative types can't afford to live in Disneyfied NYC, so it's just uninspired trust fund kids now.

AY IM WALKIN ERE

Halloumi baby, Halloumi honey, Halloumi ragtime gal

I remember a private publication in NYC clubs that you could ejaculate in a faggot hobos mouth and tissue and they would eat it all night for free.

Do they still do that shit or is it backdoor stuff?

there's this weird suburban/rural psychosis where if they step across any city line they'll be immediately robbed and killed by a crack fiend looking to rob them for their starter jackets, because their perceptions of what a city actually is is permanently stuck in the late 80's/early 90's

More like 70's and 80's. By the 90's NYC was still gritty, but not all that dangerous (except for parts of Brooklyn and the Bronx).

Thank you Rudy Giuliani.

Thank republicans and conservatives in general.

I can't believe that you can't easily find halloumi in NYC. I live in NorCal, in a mid-sized city, and every grocery store has it. Even the dollar store occasionally has it. And while there's greeks here, there's no sizeable greek community here. You must be looking in the wrong places or something.

Lol

It's easily found in NYC, just not in every neighborhood.

Halloumi is hard to find here in Philadelphia as well. Only one cheese shop i know sells it and they charge like 12 dollars for one 4x5x1" piece. Any greek restaurant around here charges like 8-10 dollars for a halloumi sandwich on pita with other ingredients so why is it so hard to just buy halloumi?

Why the flippin fuck are you eating foreign food here in the USA? The only time you should eat foreign food is when your in FOREIGN countries.

The USA has enough domestic foods. Its stupid to try and make foreign shit where they gotta fly a block of cheese over the ocean, you still don't use the foreign spices and probably not the traditional tools.

>any food in the world
And yet so little truly good food.

t. pauper

>Why the flippin fuck are you eating foreign food here in the USA?
Because USA food has gone to hell over our lifetimes, and it started tilting that way well before we were born. New American restaurants kind of saved it, but only a small percentage of the population has the money to enter them and access in the first place. What qualifies as USA food these days is mostly shit. Plenty of folks want better options than that.

That looks like saganaki except grosser.

astoria queens bitch

There are plenty of Greek diners in NYC. Halloumi's not often requested so if you ask ahead of time and they know you then it's no problem, they'll make it.

What's your major malfunction?

I live in Hong Kong and it's surprisingly hard to find most items that were quite common back in the states and my local grocery store has Halloumi. weird.

In Australia we're tripping over the stuff. It's served at every cafe and there's one of those on just about every corner.

If you like bulletproof coffee, and know why, then you'll love a halloumi dish with an espresso based drink. It just works.

Shhh

>There are plenty of Greek diners in NYC.
Sadly not as many as there used to be these days.

True.

That's not true. Some of us grew up here and make enough money to live here. Just because you're a poor sack of shit don't put it on the rest of us.

>halloumi is rare or in any way obscure in the states, let alone in fucking nyc

Go to bed, Moot.

Just bought 1kg of Cypriot Halloumi (on keto) for $18 from my local supermarket, and I live in Tasmania.

New York must just be backwards.

Yeah it is.

Brighton Beach

Yeah I live an hour outside melbourne and Halloumi is in like every supermarket. I guess that's the greek influence.

Russian place, that can be scary at night if you don't know people there.