What kind of subhuman doesn't cook with a cast iron pan?

what kind of subhuman doesn't cook with a cast iron pan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4
youtube.com/watch?v=nhOV89EQtJs
youtube.com/watch?v=M2Fa3FWap-8
youtube.com/watch?v=q4dIomZ89eo
youtube.com/watch?v=rdnQ0nO3AcY
youtube.com/watch?v=axe3OWwP1Wc
youtube.com/watch?v=IjoDJbmNQ1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=dAJq1FoXMFY
youtube.com/watch?v=46eRIxVxkG8
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ss6K0okk1E
youtube.com/watch?v=soZjh-YuJNY
youtube.com/watch?v=Du0aJWyC0Eg
youtube.com/watch?v=9W7UagVP_CQ
youtube.com/watch?v=q21O515OLxU
youtube.com/watch?v=03h5T_tiyx0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>what kind of subhuman doesn't cook with a cast iron pan?
Ive had a ceramic pan for a few years of regular use with no issues, but its mainly just for over-easy eggs and omlettes

>not adding to your daily healthy requirment of iron

I've always liked tri ply more

Owing a full set of try ply is on the mary kay trailer trash bucket list.

>Being so poor you need to get your iron from a fucking kitchen implement
Do you chew on forks too?

are they microwave safe

They are metal, user.

Yeah . The sparking doesnt hurt anything.

I like those new-fangled anodized aluminum ones.

>using outdated hardware

I always wanted a cast iron pan like my grandfather had when he used to cook steaks on his wood grill. I seen the preseason'd pans. Are they worth a shit?

>knowingly giving yourself Alzheimer's

The MEME

name one (1) advantage of cast iron over stainless steel

can't season stainless steel

>overoxidising your food
>wanting cancer
>wanting iron poisoning
>making food instantly rancid

Retains constant temp better. Cheaper. More durable and less likely to warp.
You can
This is a stupid post

Thats not how cast iron works. This is only what people who are on the spectrum think about cast iron.

Are you actually retarded?

>pan autism threads
just use ceramic as the good lord intended and shut the fuck up

people my parent's age and slightly older who think that everything needs to be cleaned udtil it shines, with a power sander if neccessary

>mfw nonstick master race
wew enjoy seasoning your rust plate for six hours

This is a stupider post

Why would I waste good steak doing that?

>cooking steak in a pan
shut the fuck up

Yeah sorry, I don’t have a fisher price ‘babbys first kitchen’ toy like yours, i have to do it like chefs do. Sigh

>good steak house
>chef cooks steak in a pan
pick one

wew enjoy getting cancer from teflon

youtube.com/watch?v=nhOV89EQtJs
youtube.com/watch?v=q4dIomZ89eo
Should I go on, or are you sufficiently embarrassed already? Yaknow, like you should be

>videos for normie kitchens

easier to cook with things that burn easily

>are you sufficiently embarrassed already that you got called out on a Sami reindeer herding and berry gathering board
user, I...

He's still digging! How adorable!! I'll go tell Gordon Ramsay, Heston Blumenthal, Marco Pierre White and the rest that an angry user on Veeky Forums knows best. So cute

are you sufficiently embarrassed for replying to a meme this whole time?

youtube.com/watch?v=rdnQ0nO3AcY

Is this you user?

Dig, dig, dig, wipe the sweat from your brow and carry on pretending you're not SEETHING with humiliation. Do tell more about how Ramsay and the rest are wrong, and you're right. ADORABLE!

>how to cook steak without a grill
lmao even masaokis knows he needs a grill but doesn't have one
>google best steak houses (the actual experts on steak) and their methods
>prove yourself wrong
use a ceramic pan like a good god fearing user

Oh Masao.
Wonder if he's still alive, or whether he burned his house down in his sleep yet

>blocks your path

>google best steak houses (the actual experts on steak)
>Thinks his local cafe knows better than michelin-rated chefs
>Girls absolutely doubled over in uncontrollable fits of hysterical laughter.PNG

You use a cast iron pan, NOT a ceramic pan, for the maillard reaction. Please stop embarrassing yourself now, it's becoming painful.

would you like to see my cast iron pan?

I don't really want to see anything from you, because you're determined to continue insisting that you know better than literally the best chefs on earth, and it's really becoming a little bit silly

you're determined to continue insisting that you know better than literally the best steakhouses on earth, and it's really becoming a little bit silly.

What are the names of these world-beating chefs? Those who know better than chefs with 3 michelin stars, lol. Go ahead, post a couple

I thought that looked familiar.

You're just making more and more of a fool of yourself user, give up

You aren't likely to be heating it to a high enough temperature to get adverse effects. Unless you're 8 years old and incompetent.

Gordon ramsay, here he is at his steak house in Vegas grilling steak.

someone that has a modern space age steel pan, you fucking troglodyte?

wait, someone actually wants that to happen to meat?
I mean, we study it as the reaction that makes the carcinogenic compounds in food n' shit

I have no doubt he's grilled food before, yep. The fat duck doesn't, Ramsay's restaurants in London don't, Marco Pierre White doesn't, but because Ramsay has used a grill, you assert shit like this? Psh.
Oh and here's Ramsay's video entitled "How to cook the perfect steak"

Please stop now. It's ignorant as hell to think that steak in a pan is in any way bad

Chromium leaches into your food and unlike iron it's not harmless.

Seasoning doesn't stick to stainless. It works for omelets, but if you scrape the bottom or wash it it's gone.

Carbon steel, the patrician choice.

Yup

youtube.com/watch?v=axe3OWwP1Wc

That's a Woll non stick pan ...

It's funny to see how Gordon progressed though, he used to use a meme iron pan and flipped once (already had his Michelin stars at the time) and now he just uses a non stick pan and flips often. Still gets a good sear, no meme iron needed.

Any temperature over 100 degrees Celsius massively increases the amounts of carcinogens formed in food.

Cancer is delicious.

Have you tried it? The different between non-stick and iron is huge.

Totally worth it. It's not like burning toast until it's on fire and eating that, it's like a 1mm coating which tastes amazing. If we ate nothing but the healthiest possible foods we wouldn't be here

I would be fine with most of you not being here

Are you proposing that most of the board should leave for your sake?

Ceramic Soiboi Vs. Cast Iron-Men

your comment was cute so you can stay

>grilled "food"
No we're talking steak. That pic was from the steak house site, they grill their steaks, looks like Marco's steakhouses do too, can't find a heston steakhouse. user, those """""perfect steak""""" videos are for retards in a home kitchen, these chefs don't cook them like that in a real kitchen. Cast iron is fine but not the best method.

Are you saying that only restaurant owners should cook steak? The fuck outta here. with this bullshit I don't agree anyway incidentally, I prefer a fried steak, it's a fuller flavour in a pan. In a perfect world it'd be cooked sous vide then blowtorched, but nobody bothers because it's awesome in a pan

honestly I'm probably going to grill first and finish in a cast iron pan next time I cook steak. I've seen restaurants sear on a white hot grill and finish on flat top.

idk what the fuck you're talking about at this point. people grill at home all the time. It's your just personal preference now that you have no argument. You've lost the plot kid.

Are you suggesting that all of these Michelin star rated chefs cooked in a pan because they think people at home don't have access to an electric/gas grill? Or that I have a charcoal grill in my kitchen, and that that's the norm?

Wait wait wait, are you saying that an electric grill is better than... frankly any fucking pan, let alone a cast iron one? Fucking lol. I'd pay for you to buy a steak and show it after putting it under that kind of grill. It's demonstrably better in a pan, which is why that's how all chefs will suggest that that's how it's done. Show me instructions from a respectable chef recommending your method. I'll wait. When you do (which you won't) I'll show you ten who do it in a pan. Aaand... go.

someone that doesnt want food sticking to the pan so easily

You just had too google what sous vide is, didn't you? An omelette? Why would anyone cook an omelette sous vide? That was clearly a joke

I mean, it is the best way to cook a steak without a real grill or high powered broiler. A lot of people live in apartments and many people are intimidated by grilling so cooking it a pan for the video would cater to the largest amount of people while still making a decent steak.
>electric grill
I don't use one
I own a sous vide circulator, charcoal grill, and cast iron pan. You're so special for mentioning sous vide, have you seen burnt?

Your chef idols don't cook steak in a cast iron pan in their restaurants and you were too retarded to look it up before posting. now you're upset about it. How will you ever recover?

Yes yes, devastated. I mean, who the hell cooks in a pan, right?
I mean, other than these guys...

youtube.com/watch?v=IjoDJbmNQ1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=dAJq1FoXMFY
youtube.com/watch?v=46eRIxVxkG8
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ss6K0okk1E
youtube.com/watch?v=soZjh-YuJNY
youtube.com/watch?v=Du0aJWyC0Eg
youtube.com/watch?v=9W7UagVP_CQ
youtube.com/watch?v=q21O515OLxU
I mean, it's hard to find a chef who DOESN'T cook in a pan, but you know better? Lol.
Anyway, you carry on now, cooking your omelettes sous vide and saying silly things like this Go fire up your charcoal, I guess if you can't often afford steak then it doesn't matter that it takes you 2 hours to do what takes others 5 minutes.

You can just buy a stove top griddle, but a griddle is just a square carbon steel cooking surface. Useful for cooking huge amounts of food and quick cleaning with a scraper, but objectively inferior for a single steak.

You can baste a steak in a carbon steel skillet, you can't on a griddle.

I think you're agreeing with me bruh. I agree totally with all you just said

>psychotic ramblings and more normietube """"professional recipes"""""
user, you've replied to 7 times now, surely you're new here if it offended you this badly.

you mean ceramic coated tho right

I'm only responding to his further responses, dude. He's still insisting that it's somehow bad to cook steak in a pan, which is retarded

I've said multiple times it's fine to cook in a cast iron pan, just not the best. Which is why your chef idols all use different methods in their restaurants. pic related was dry aged ribeye cooked sous vide and seared in cast iron pan and torched the crevices. Pretty much only grill steak now though like, especially picanha.

>all use different methods in their restaurants
Okay well you'll just have to believe this. Cbf to argue further. I may go and cook a ribeye though. By the best method, i.e in a cast iron pan. Peace

just look it up retard, their restaurant websites usually say how they cook it or photos show grilling. Could have saved yourself all these replies.

>inb4 the sanding fags arrive and shit up the thread

Can we just end this stupid debate? Grilling, pan searing, broiling, and roasting all have their places in the preparation of steaks. While different cuts calls for different things, it is entirely up to preference in the end. Here's a chart. Go bananas. Faggots.

>it is entirely up to preference in the end
wrong.

This is why you are a dishwasher/prep cook, user.

I use carbon steel frying pans.

>best chefs on Earth
>Gordon
>Heston
White was at some point, but he completely stopped giving a fuck.

They are among the best on earth. Even white agrees that Ramsay (his former student) earned his stars.

This. Superior to cast iron in every way.

>earning some Michelin stars means you are forever emblazoned as among the best chefs
Being a chef is a constant and requires current greatness to be able to be called great in a current context. If they aren't still great, I dgaf what they are saying.

Well that precludes White then, but Gordon and Heston are still legit.
Such nonsense. Anyone who has had michelin stars, can cook better than just about anyone on earth. Besides, just properly recreate their recipes - do literally everything they say and practice multiple times, and you'll see for yourself how amazing their food is.

>flipped once
Memery. I flip every 30 seconds, and I do so because by doing so my steak is more delicious.
Watch this from 3:45
youtube.com/watch?v=03h5T_tiyx0

Stop with the Michelin stars BS. Yes, the chefs who earn them are generally pretty good. That does not mean they are the best on earth. Michelin once enjoyed that kind of status, but their prestige has declined massively over the last 3 decades. Professional criticism in general has, as well. And none of that means those guys are absolutely correct about everything they say. They aren't the Pope, and even Catholics admit the Pope has some boundaries. And don't try to condescend to me as though I've never cooked anything from them. I know what I am saying.

>generally pretty good
oh come on now.
> That does not mean they are the best on earth.
Show me any other remotely legit method by which it can be measured. There is none. And don't condescend to me, sonny jim. I don't doubt that you know what you're saying, but you're in for a world of hurt if you try to tell me I don't either. TO ARMS

>a world of hurt
Just post the Navy Seals pasta already. Has it ever occurred to you that you can experience a chef's creations for yourself and make your own judgements without relying on organizations that have been degraded by politics and the desire to remain at the top of the trend?

The only benifit over cast iron is that its light enogh for women to lift with one arm.
If your not a little bitch with pipe cleaner arms then why not get cast iron & stop being a weak faggot.

>literally get it perfectly hot
>teflon starts smoking
>beautiful
>doesn't show the final product
???

>Has it ever occurred to you that you can experience a chef's creations
I live in London, I used to take grils to Aubergine. I know how frankly over-rated the supposed magic of michelin is, but like fuck is it comparable to your average chef's twoddle.
Michelin isn't remotely about politics, it's about pretentiousness. It's about EVERY fucking molecule being perfect, right down to the micro greens. If you're one of these hyper-rich cunts though who have nothing better on which to spend your money, I guess that kind of thing counts. Regardless of how unnecessary much of it is, you will simply never show me a more tasty meal than one created by a michelin-rated chef. It becomes more than their career, it's their damn life to make everything inhumanly perfect. And the result invariably is some pretty tasty nosh.

Myth was debunked years ago.

They're okay, kind of a pain to clean sometimes
I got a ceramic saucepan, use it for all my stovetop needs, and haven't looked back