Coworker starts trying out his barbecue on coworkers and friends

>coworker starts trying out his barbecue on coworkers and friends
>it's honestly pretty good
>he decides to make a food truck
>warning sounds
>he goes out and buys a truck and registers an LLC
>pays $20k for a customized smoker to bring along in the truck
>on his first inspection they tell him that he absolutely cannot use the smoker to cook anything, as is law for food trucks in California
>suddenly this idiot is out $50k and has no idea how to recover from this blow

I'm not even old, and I already know someone who blew it in the restaurant industry.
Anyone else know someone? Share stories.

why doesn't he just pre smoke the meat offsite?

Or leave shitifornia?

this. unless he bought a house, just move the fuck out. $50k is too much to lose.

Because in California, you need to have a kitchen space to cook stuff for your food truck. This can either be a space you rent or a restaurant you own, but you can not cook your stuff at home, then bring it in a food truck. If he did it strictly as a catering company, he could do it, but food trucks require a registered kitchen.

Man it's almost like this fucking moron should have put his restaurant on wheels or something.
>anyway
>grew up in carnival industry
>brother thinks he's a hot shot
>parents are millionaires
>thinks he makes the best kettle corn on the eastern seaboard
>try it out
>bretty fucking good desu
>gets cooker, bin, mats, signage, tables, tent and register
>2k later
>gets shit locs
>gets shit for marks
>gets shit on by marks for cold product
>gets addicted to kratom
>subsequently gets addicted to fucking heroin
>crashes truck and trailer
>survives
>parents bail him out
Now he's fucking a single mom with 3 kids and works security at a rehab facility for sex addicts. Don't get into the food business if the only thing you can do is make good food. Food is for people willing to step on the poor so niggers can eat their slop. If you disagree then you're either an artist or an idiot.

It's called a commissary and he isn't that fucked but he does need to find someone willing to partner and supply commissary since he is out of cash. Should have done any research at all on the subject

god i hate california

no he can have the smoker if it's outside the truck he just can't use it in the truck unless this is a regional ordinance.

Pretty sure you need to be licensed to post anything contradictory to any of those regulations that keep us safe. Thank you Cali for stopping this man from killing people.

>Grew up in the carnival
>Parents are millionaires

one time I had to actually argue with a bunch of hippies that it was a good thing their shitty health food store was shut down by the health department because they were storing raw turkeys next to raw milk, those fuckers couldn't being to grasp the concept of cross contamination.

No, but I do have two friends that have actually done really well in the food business.
One makes ice cream and the other makes ginger beer.

Do you honestly believe owner/operators of multiple food or game concessions aren't rich? You only get to see the niggers we hire to sell you a fucking turkey leg at $16 a pop. We don't play your Podunk church fairs either. Go to Miami in March or Calgary in July. Stay poor. I get rich off the backs of slaves just like my plantation owning family did hundreds of years ago.

I'll take things that never happened for $600, Alex.

no it did, I got yelled and everything for being pro government

Calm the fuck down I was only kidding around.
You talk like what a 14 year old thinks an alpha CEO type talks like. Turn off your television, read some Malcom Gladwell and tone down the dickhead you will go farther on charisma and being likable than you will being an unnecessarily abrasive asshole

>I was only pretending to be retarded!

Nayrt but you're the one being a defensive little bitch.

Not him, but I believe you. You're a second generation carnie, aka gypsy, the ruthless scum of the peanut shell littered mudtrails trod by wide eyed fatass whitetrash and nogs, dazzled by the bright lights and motion, handing their cash into your parent's gypsy maw for fried butter funnel cake wrapping a corn dog stuffed in a turkey leg. Carnie gypsy food purveyors should be purged from the face of the earth.

>jump headfirst into new venture without safety net
>don't do the slightest bit of research

what a maroon

Tw/o spics. Like clockwork. I hope being poor is working out. I can't wait to see your entire family in the grocery store with you the next time I'm in miami

I've seen a meat truck that sets up a smoker outside slightly away from the truck. I guess the truck is limited in the areas they can set up.

Thats never stopped all those unlicensed taco trucks. Just do it anyway.

they get special treatment, unless they serve tamales.

>addicted to kratom

Wanna know how I know you're lying user?

Is that Donkey Lips?

i want to open up a restaurant but i hate cooking. im just sick of the lack of restaurant diversity and quality in my city.

True

Changing yourself is easier than changing a town. Consider leaving

Id like to open a restaurant, maybe like a mom and pop diner off the freeway thats open 24 hours, but I have a fear of somehow making someone get food poisoning. Like I know how to cook, and I'm comfortable cooking for myself, but I dont like the idea of harming someone.

live in town on the east coast with the same stupid law.
It was basically shoehorned into city law because restaurant groups have alot of sway with the city government and wanted to do something that could stifle competition.
As a result none of food these trucks serve are all that great and they typically will run out of items because they can't prep more food as needed if something sells really well.
Before they made that law the quality of food the trucks could serve was amazing, better than most places downtown

Democrats are mentally fucking ill but at the same time these regulations probably keep an army of unsafe Mexican food trucks off the streets.

one of my dad's friends opened an italian place in the 90's in a crappy part of town

lasted a year and 20+ years later nothing else moved in and its still boarded up

>pulling security for a sex addict rehab

That sounds like a fun job

I imagine you live in Ohio or some shit