Is keto the most plebbit diet there is?

Is keto the most plebbit diet there is?

Other urls found in this thread:

differencebetween.net/science/health/the-difference-between-the-atkins-and-ketogenic-diets/
ruled.me/visually-estimate-body-fat-percentage/
perfectketo.com/ketogenic-diet-vs-atkins-diet-ketosis-better-atkins/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This just sounds like an excuse to not diet, op.

Yes. It's also unhealthy if you stay on it for too long. Just don't eat so many carbs, and exercise; how hard is that?

It works, but you really shouldn't stay on it more than a few months. Especially if you are not obese.

Isn't it helpful only for people with diabetes?

Idk I was looking into it and I heard that

>implying I don't eat healthy without resorting to memes

Have a (you) and go back to rebbit

Obviously. Diabetics have problems metabolizing carbs. So eating the least amount possible is better than a carb heavy diet.

It's good for general weight loss and fat burning too. I've known several people to use it for getting fit. I myself have been using it to drop down to 150 from 300. Already halfway there.

Seems way too stressful in terms of trying to consistently eat good meals while staying under a measly 20-35 net carbs. On top of that, you're supposed to avoid a ton of other shit, even if you can actually work it in to your daily carbs. Quinoa for example.

I think the average Westerner eats around 250-300 net carbs per day.

I can personally stay around 80-110 net carbs per day without it being a nightmare in terms of options (or super shitty alternatives).

let us know how it is to live with hepatic failure at 35

As someone on keto, I can say that I've found the variety of my meals to be good enough. It's comparable to how I ate before. Only things I really cut out were pasta, fruit, bread, and junk foods. Most vegetables I can eat, any meat I want, and I can have coffee/tea/diet soda. That's enough to make me happy.

Have to say though, I really miss being able to use some sauces. I've found okay replacements for some things, but sweetness is something that is hard to get on keto. Spicy and savory I have countless options. But sweet sauces have sugars. Tempted to get some erythitol to use in my stuff.

Keto has been shown to reverse liver problems in some cases. Granted, if you abuse the diet and try to do it long term you'll fuck yourself.

Downvoted for falsity.

>On top of that, you're supposed to avoid a ton of other shit, even if you can actually work it in to your daily carbs. Quinoa for example.
Well of course you're supposed to avoid fucking Quinoa, it's a starch. It's 90+% carbohydrates.

For people who are obese, it is fine to stay on long term (meaning until they reach a healthy weight). But people at a more or less healthy weight shouldn't do keto just to bring body fat down. Other things work fine.

Meant to say keep body fat down instead of bring. Keto isn't a lifestyle diet and shouldn't be treated as one. You can't go keto like you can pescatarian, paleo, etc.

any diet that's sold on "you can eat all the bacon you want" is obviously a meme diet

fat fucks should eat less, it's pretty simple

We need word filters again.

Yes, and also exercise more. But keto is useful for fast weight loss and controlling cravings. If obese people use keto to bring themselves down to a weight where they can exercise without getting winded every six seconds, they can build a better routine around healthier living.

paranormies recommended it, keto is a /pol/-approved diet

reddit didn't even exist when atkins published his book.

Keto is a bit different from Atkins.
differencebetween.net/science/health/the-difference-between-the-atkins-and-ketogenic-diets/

i doubt that helps fixing the "fat mentality", you should learn how to control your cravings, getting skinnier is a consequence
if you keep eating like before, just an injury will be enough to turn you back into a slob (imo, i dont live in a fat country so i dont know many with that problem)

Keto literally trains you to control your cravings.

Actually, a lot of fat people eat perfectly healthy meals. They just eat in excess. Bigger and bigger portions building up over time. This is because they either eat too fast, and/or have taught themselves that they need to eat until they feel full rather than until their hunger abates.

That isn't to say those YouTube fatties you see aren't representative of a chunk of the obese population. They are just on the more extreme side of things, and definitely need to combine diet, exercise, and therapy.

and there's a difference between lots of things that there's not a difference worth talking about.

The difference is that keto actually works, while Atkins works only marginally. That's because instead of keeping the body in ketosis, you get gluconeogenesis and the weight loss slows down. With keto, you avoid that.

>a lot of fat people eat perfectly healthy meals
never met one tbqh, unless you mean the slightly overweight people (as in 80kg when they should be 70kg)

Yes because it’s a half assed diet. Check out /r/zerocarb. Most people there are pretty based.

atkins and keto are easy for dieting because fat/protein fills you up faster than you hit the calorie limit

As a fat guy, I can say that most of my meals were fine (although, I was eating fast food like twice a week, which is obviously shite), but I drank a lot of soda and snacked on garbage. Your last comment is pretty on point; I've just recently been able to eat until hunger abate without having strong cravings afterwards.

no that would be water fasting

This desu. Fasting in general is.

I don't mean like the 220kg hamplanets on the extreme side of things. But like 130kg is still in the area where they could easily be eating healthy foods, but simply overdoing it with portion sizes and having seconds. Just because you've never met them doesn't mean they don't exist, lad.

Fast food is a good example of unhealthy eating. Once or twice a week isn't awful depending on what you are getting, but obviously it should be avoided altogether if you aren't doing anything to work it off later. Soda is one of those things that is hit or miss. Diet sodas can be fine, though that is an easy way to cheat yourself and make your body crave sugar if you aren't careful. Sodas with HFCS are 100% always terrible.

Another thing to remember is that some people don't realize that younger teens and such have much faster metabolisms, due to the growing process and increased activity through the day. So they keep the habits they had growing up, and pay the price for it.

Are we just going to ignore all the recent studies showing multiple health benefits from intermittent fasting?

No, but those same health benefits are present in normal diets. You're suffering more for what you could be getting normally.

>eat less by eating less high-calorie carbs and opt for vegetables and protein instead
>fucking fat reddit fuck!!!!!

I read this as you having already hit 150 from 300, and being halfway there. In the easy stretch now, just die and you'll hit 0 pretty quick.

But I am losing weight so I don't die. Isn't that counter-intuitive?

But it's not suffering and is beneficial to your digestive and immune system. Coupling it with a good diet isn't a bad idea. I also like the focus it puts me in after I go over 12 hours. I usually only go for 16.

>130kg
that's not in a reasonable area, over 100kg unless you are a big muscular guy it's always too fat

You're missing the point there. I am not saying it's a good place to be. I am saying at that weight, you are probably not abusing Twinkies and using entire jars of mayo in your casseroles. You're probably just overeating, and have been for a while.

I'd say it's fine for half a day or so, but when you start going into days or weeks you need to do something else. Half a day of water fasting coupled with a good diet sounds good though.

>be 280lbs
>try out this "keto" diet
>after a day already feeling lightheaded and have no energy
>flu like symptoms at day 2
>my piss turns solid yellow
>start vomiting constantly day 3
>keep it up because my doctor told me to lose weight
>day 5 I'm confined to my bed due to being horribly ill
>quit this meme diet day 7
Don't fall for it bros, the only

Sounds like you weren't drinking enough water or getting electrolytes. You have to drink more water, considering you're typically getting more sodium than normal. Electrolytes are needed to keep you from feeling the keto flu. You'll likely feel either no change in energy or lower energy for the first few days because you are getting less carbs, but that changes after your body changes over.

TL;DR research it some more next time. Don't just jump in blind.

>Nobody has mentioned paleo for king of the meme diets

>plebbit

Yeah nah I'm good. I never got myself fat in the first place anyway.

A reminder that bodyfat exists, and low carb diets are amazing for lowering it.
ruled.me/visually-estimate-body-fat-percentage/

99% of these people who try these fad diets quit, what works is eating less and exercising more it's not a mystery

I did it for 3 months and lost 55lbs and now I'm not on the diet. It works. Do it long term and you're likely going to fuck your shit up. It is pretty reddit tho

it might be but getting to eat meat and eggs all day just to give up carbs sounds like a pretty good deal to me desu

>"this normal dieting thing works pretty well, but it really needs more unnecessary misery"

>99%
Just because you quit doesn't mean everyone else has.

atkins is literally just keto.

>doesn't do the diet right
>hurr durr don't do it bros

perfectketo.com/ketogenic-diet-vs-atkins-diet-ketosis-better-atkins/

Keto is about staying in ketosis. Atkins just has it during the induction phase.

Ive lost 50 lbs so far in 4 months. Blood pressure has gotten better. Idk maybe not for everyone but I wouldn't call it a meme

Find me an obese person whose diet isn't filled with sugary drinks or processed snack junk food. Is there any obese person here right now like this?

Btw, there's no such thing as a snack. Meals and snacks are arbitrarily defined. The sum of what you eat is your diet. Your body reflects your diet.

I don't know. Are tendies considered keto?

They are if they're coated in pork rinds instead of breadcrumbs

Post pic of yourself

>being this stubborn just to justify your bigotry
>refusing to do your own research instead of just thinking Sinfully Sara is the prime example of a fat person
I'll use myself as an example then, as well as my wife. We both ate healthy enough, but the serving sizes were always too big because I tended to just plop things on the plate. Never really cared much about calories or carbs. Then I fell into the habit of having seconds, though she never did. We both eventually became obese, her simply 20kg overweight and myself 70kg overweight.

Blatantly false. Just because you don't believe in snacks doesn't mean they don't work well in diets. While it is better to teach your body not to expect food a few times a day, sometimes even with all three meals down you're still not hitting your macro levels. If you're still under your calorie limit, and with keto chances of that are high, you should have something like almonds or a pepperoni stick. If you just need protein, Whey protein also counts as a snack.

Here.

atkins diet only allows 20 carbs a day.
an ATKINS 40 diet allows 40....

>With Atkins 20®, your starting point (Phase 1, Induction) is 20 grams of net carbs a day.
>With Atkins 40®, your starting point is 40 grams of net carbs a day.
>Both plans allow you to increase your carbs, but one adds food one at a time and the other adds to your carbohydrate portion size as you approach weight loss goals.
As I said, that is only at the start. They add carbs back later. Keto doesn't.

That's fine, but ketogenic diets have existed for a fairly long time. It was used as a medical treatment in the 1920s for kids with epilepsy.

Intermittent fasting is literally not eating for 16 to 18 hours after eating your last meal. I eat dinner at 530pm and then don't eat my first meal until 12pm the next day. Its honestly not bad, I don't feel weaker and my energy level is completely fine.

Oh, I wasn't thinking about sleep. I think I do that sometimes too, depending on how late I stay up getting things done.

Is there a medical definition of a fast?

ive been doing 42 hour fasts once a week for the past few months(6pm friday - 12pm sunday)
seems to work really well from a weightless perspective, it was kind of hard going to sleep on the second night though when starting out though. Id feel exhausted(calfs and arms felt like
they had been through a huge workout), and energy levels are generally low which is why its generally best to do on the weekend when youre not busy/working(i work weekdays in a kitchen, so double so for temptation :^))
results are good though, ive lost 12 kilos in 8 months without actually changing the actual food being eaten
My question for anons(preferably for professionals and not general fasters/googlers), is there an optimal length to fasting? are the effects cumulative so its just how long you can last on the fast, or should only daily ~20 hour fasts be done?

i've never tried it because i'm not fat with no self control and don't need to try some hip, trendy diet that comes along every few years. Just stop fucking eating so much retard and get on a treadmill

You seem to think that once you're fat, it's easy to get fit. It is only easy provided you're not obese, or god forbid morbidly/mega obese. It gets harder and harder to just stop eating so much and hop on an exercise bike or treadmill. Why dieting is harder has already been addressed in the thread. Exercise is much more difficult because for them, it's like lugging around a 150lb suit. They get winded far, far more quickly. Their heart is working much harder. It is not recommended to just jump into exercise until you've slimmed down a bit. It's one of the reasons it is a health issue, rather than an image problem.

As for "muh hip, trendy new diet", Keto is one of many diets that have been shown to be effective. It has been around longer than you've been alive. The reason it became popular in the first place is because it works. It exploding in popularity these past few years is just the normal result of the Internet.

it's calories in vs calories out, if you're obese you should honestly just fast and not eat anything but you can't because you can't stop filling your face you're making excuses stop lying to yourself. Try atkins, weight watchers, paleo, keto all that bullshit that you'll quit after a week or two because you can't say no to eating junk.

Lol we are now a pro anorexia board. You guys are fucking ill

>Destorying your liver, heart, and other organs just so you can lose weight

Head on back to /b/ or /r9k/ if you want to be angry at the world 24/7. I know CICO works, but you're misinformed if you think keto works the same way. While you are taking in less calories as a natural result of keto, you are also entering ketosis. This helps burn fat even faster than you would simply eating with a calorie deficit. That happens while fasting too, however with fasting your cravings are not controlled and you are missing a lot of nutrients you actually need to function. You can of course take supplements for that, but why reach for an extra 30% improvement when you can just eat normally? I like to think that it is called fasting because of the speed you fall off the wagon. Now, combined with Keto I can see the diet being propelled even further. Intermittent fasting has its uses. As does water fasting. But multiple days at a time is dangerous, and any health professional worth their salt would recommend not doing that.

If your organs are already healthy, there is no risk. If you have preexisting conditions, you'll fuck yourself by doing keto.

>Taking shorcuts that gunk up and destory your organs
>"Haha dude if your organs are healtht
its not like youre gonna die lmao"

Absolute retarded

Fasting is more helpful

>Caring about Reddit

>i read an article once that said...
I think I saw that one too.

>google retards discussing how keto lost them weight
>"Good enough"
>Actually read what Keto does to your body
"FAKE NEWS"

???

>implying I relied on Healthline articles, television doctors, Reddit, and Veeky Forums to learn about keto
I used MayoClinic, NCBI, WebMD, various articles, Reddit for testimonies and experiences, and personal experience to form my opinion. You?

For reference, my personal experience involves actually doing the diet, and getting weekly medical checkups, blood panels, and screenings.

>I go to webmd
>I go to reddit
>getting weekly medical checkups, blood panels, and screenings
Reads exactly like a reddit fag who lies and takes shortcuts in life. R.i.p. in peace your dumb ass when you die of a heart attack at 39

>I don't like your answer so I am going to insult you instead

Yes, abstaining from food and drink, excluding water.

>Reddit response

le stuttering itallion

Yes and No. This would literally kill me if I tried it because I'm on 4+ units ontop of sliding scale right now. The body needs carbs for insulin to crunch, and trying a diet like this would put me at dangerously low levels

It's okay to be wrong.

>I eat dinner at 530pm and then don't eat my first meal until 12pm
you realize this is not IF, right? you are eating like a normal person with a job. intermittent fasting is a 1-2 hour feeding window and 22-23 hour fast

Its not okay to destroy your liver to lose some weight

Redditors are a cancer to this fucking site, stop shitting up my food board and go back to your retarded alien site

Find me some studies that show that. I've actually read more reports that it reverses certain liver problems than I have it leading to them.

It's not, you doofus.
Regular people have all sorts of snacks, sugary coffee and breakfast.

That's the regular definition of a fast. What is the shortest amount of time of abstinence for a fast to be achieved medically?

I do it. I have type 1. It took me some time to get my dosage right, but I'm pretty patient and methodical. I'm really happy now. The insulin cartel is sadface about it.

Those results are awful though. 12 kilos in 8 months is nothing

Oh, God. Please let it kill me. It appears to be making me healthier, but if it's actually killing me! Such joy.. Oh, to not be alive anymore. Ungh. Give me some.

>implying
Semolina has a low glycemic index. Might be high in carb, but doesn't cause blood sugar spikes. If you guys want to give up pasta and bread thats fine, but count me out of it.

Just lower your carb intake and cut out sugars, it's not hard at all.

Breakfast:
>Eggs - Protein
>Meat - Protein
>Fruit/yogurt/bread - carb

Lunch:
>Meat - protein
>vegetable - Fiber
>Bread/grains/fruit - carb

Dinner:
Meat - Protein
Vegetables - Fiber
Bread/grains/pasta - carb

Lets assume, you have the carb for your meals:
>A piece of toast on a decent bread - 10g
>A sandwich for lunch - 20g
>A small pasta bowl dinner - 40g

You've hit 70g carb in one day. Congrats. Go for a run and burn it off.