Tfw human keeps feeding you the same kibbleshit in the morning and evening for months/years

>tfw human keeps feeding you the same kibbleshit in the morning and evening for months/years

>tfw you're a fucking dog and couldn't be happier because you're a fucking dog.

animals dont care.

Do humans really think this?

Dogs are pretty content just doing whatever. It's cats who are the spoiled little cunts.

cats dont care either.

You should still have a conscience about it though.

They do. At least some.

Ehhh. I have two cats and a dog, and while my dog is happiest with kibble, my cats are total snobs and won't eat the same thing twice. They also want the canned stuff and never kibble.

This. Owning a pet but not caring about it is one of the shittiest things you can do.

>Want dog
>Have complete control over dogs life
>Pick rescue rat instead of a great dog from a breeder
>Stuck with inferior uglier dog for ten years
>Feed it low shelf crap instead of controlling his diet
>Baby him and spoil him instead of training him
>The way he barks all night is cute anyways
>Walk him whenever I feel like it instead of establishing a routine
>Only take him to the vet when he is Seriously sick
>End up hating the dog most of the time
>Dog hates you too
Why are people so stupid?

i feed feral cats bottom shelf kibble . they eat it up.

your cats are spoiled.

Give your cats dried cat food in the morning and either canned stuff or raw meat in the evening. Used to feed my cat fish or kangaroo on alternating days and he fucking loved it.
Occasionally I'd give him a can of sardines and he'd go apeshit, he especially liked the sardine in the chilli sauce.

A friend's dog actually prefers bottom shelf kibble instead of wet food.

Cats are only picky if you teach them to be picky, so good job, retard.
Dogs will literally eat shit so I think kibble is just fine for them.

No, some not to bright humans like to antropomorphize dogs and attribute to them concerns they're not capable of having and the larping those concerns on cambodian racquetball boards.

Nah mine, doesn't care for sweet things besides yogurt/ice cream.

Also won't eat fruit, unlike another dog who would eat anything.

Yes, they are. But they are very well behaved otherwise.

It's not for lack of effort on my part. I tried to feed them kibble when they were kittens, but they wouldn't eat it. They went a day without food, and I tried different brands and varieties but they wouldn't eat it. I even took them to the vet because I was afraid they were sick or something, but they just didn't want to eat. Then I caved and tried the canned stuff, and they went for that. But then they decided they wanted something different every day, despite my trying to teach them not to be so bratty. Then they refused to eat again. I just don't want them to starve.

>mfw human gave me his meat scraps after preparing his meal

>getting outsmarted by cats
One of mine tried that shit. I just stuck to my guns and let her starve for a day. Next day when I put food down she was the first to dash into the room and start chowing down.

>tfw human leaves you his dog near the river

Today I gave my cat both Smoked atlantic salmon, and kielbasa sausage, and he turned his nose up at both in favor of 99 cent store cat food.

I'm pretty mad at him.

Don't feed them that even if they do want it, idiot.

"boo hoo the cats didn't leap at the kibble straight away"
Grow a pair of balls. Who's in charge of that house? You or the cats?
Cats will kill and eat birds and mice even if you do feed them "something nice" and you think they'll starve themselves to death rather than eat dry catfood? Fuck off.
That vet should have slapped you.

>don't know anything else
>food is fresh/stale and there's a change of brand or flavor from time to time

Unless you are feeding them table scraps, they won't know any better.

Nothing wrong with a bit of yogurt lad.

>straight away
34 hours, with it in the dish through the night.

>i feed feral cats

And you took it to the vet for that. It probably opted for one of the small animals I mentioned earlier instead. You pathetic child. I thought cat owners were supposed to the hard ones who can handle an animal that isn't submissive. I guess it really is the cats running the house, isn't it? Fucking pathetic. And you went to the fucking went for this.

at first i thought against it because i didnt want to help them reproduce and create more feral cats. but then i thought, fuck it, its not their fault they were abandoned as kittens due to poor human ownership.

theyve grown to love me. they come up the stairs and basically cuddle me. very cute. i love them.

only the ones that are right.

What will you do!!??
Ahahaha

>mfw
I love my human

You're a liberal, aren't you?
If you want to feed them you should take them to the vet and get them sterilised.
Just like blacks.

>mfw human releases me into the yard so I may kill rodents to eat
I do this instead of feeding her wet food, she loves it

no. i am definitely not a liberal. i am social and financial conservative. but these animals are victims.

i dont have a car. and i dont want to call the paddy wagon because, after volunteering in shelters, i realize that they will get put to death if nobody adopts them in a relatively short time.

>trying to act tough on Veeky Forums
You're an anonymous poster. I think your ego can survive a little softness there, Gangsta.
Meanwhile, yes. I went to the vet because my cats were not eating, and hadn't for 34 hours. They definitely did not eat anything else, because they had been hanging out near me all that time. I stayed up to make sure they were sleeping and wanted to see if they ate during the night.

>liberal
>niggers

Why are righties always so angry at everything?

Dogs and cats have brains literally the size of peanuts and operate entirely on instinct and reflex, they are incapable of complex thought and their brains are basically a roulette wheel of predetermined actions and reactions
They also have like 10% of the tastebuds of a human and can barely taste anything that's why they eat poo and will eat dirt and leaves and other garbage

Dry food isn't the best thing for cats anyway. Some cats do okay with it, but it makes one of mine sick, even if I soak it in water until it's like wet food. If your cats want different food every day, is it possible they're just bored and looking for more stimulation? You could try playing with them more, or putting their food in different places.

You can't say that. You're not a cat or dog.

youre the only one in this discussion with a brain that weak.

Amazing. Every word of what you just said.. was wrong.

>Dogs and cats have brains literally the size of peanuts
Time to go back to elementary school, bucko

Knowing how to keep a pet is not "acting tough" you pathetic shit. I meet people like you every day with their leashless dogs that don't obey commands because they were never disciplined so they put their filthy paws all over me and my property or even attack my own dog. She's big enough to defend herself but she won't unless I let her because I bothered to teach her some fucking manners.
She gets a treat once in a while but she knows they're treats and she knows that if she decides to hunger strike for more she'll just go hungry.
It's good that you care for your cats enough to take them to the vet but maybe you should also care enough to read a fucking book on keeping cats.
They are pets. They don't pay rent. Grow a pair of balls.

Cats can quickly develop liver problems if they don't eat for a few days so you did the right thing.

>i'm mad at other pet owners so i'm gonna take it out on this guy for making sure his cats eat

Cats survive in the wild without needing humans. You're harming more than helping. Call animal control to put them down or take them to the vet to get spayed and neutered.

no. theyre cute and sweet animals and they dont deserve to die. the only thing that would happen is they get impounded and nobody adopts them and they get the needle. no thanks.

they're victims who will go out and create more victims
you're essentially doing feral cat gibmedats

>this many assumptions
You're kind of a dipshit, aren't you? Let me address them all in full.

>leashless dog
First of all, rural area. Not everyone lives in a cookie cutter urban/suburban neighborhood. Even then, I always leash my dog on walks. She has an electric collar to prevent her going further than 100 feet from my house.
>training
You seem to think I don't train my animals. I grew up with them, and trained several personally. My current dog is an American Pitbull Terrier, and is perfectly trained. She accepts commands the second they are given, will not bark unless I goad her into it, and aside from begging for affection she does not beg at all. When meeting strangers, she typically remains by my feet. Even when offered things. UPS guy used to offer her treats, she never took them. My cats are also extremely well behaved, as I said in my previous post. The one and only issue with them is what they like to eat. While it is slightly more expensive, my first concern is them actually eating rather than how much it puts a dent in my wallet. Aside from that, they are as well trained as my dog. They know basic commands and accept them, they don't get into things they aren't supposed to, and they eat when they are supposed to rather than when they want.

>not feeding your dog table scraps to wane off their suicidal dog tendencies because you never walk them

Cats do not need us and they will not starve themselves into a liver coma sitting next to a bowl of food.
I can forgive the idiot for worrying and taking his new pet to the vet but it doesn't in any way excuse "my cats are total snobs and won't eat the same thing twice." THAT is what makes him a fucking idiot.

I suppose I am a little mad about pet owners who don't bother reading up on how to keep a fucking pet, yes. I consider it a form of abuse.
These are the same idiots who end up with obese pets because they don't have the sack to deny them a treat every time they "ask".

>Pick rescue dog instead of inbred dog with inevitable mental and physical problems from a breeder

fixed

>American Pitbull Terrier, and is perfectly trained.
Ohhhh! Here we go!

>le dangerous dog breed trope
I bet you didn't read the rest. For the record, any dog breed can be dangerous if you mistreat or isolate them.

>millions of abused, starved and fucking eaten dogs all over the world
>i'm horrible for giving my dog the fat comfy life

Or treat and feed them like people.

I don't. She eats kibble, and is treated as a dog aside from getting affection (petting, not hugging and kissing and dressing up in outfits and being a general diva about my pet).

Feral cats kill from 1.4 - 3.7 billion birds each year in the US alone. Theres nothing cute or sweet about that.

Do you actually think the bird population shouldn't be culled? They're doing us a favour. Otherwise cities would be even more overrun than they already are by the winged vermin.

You guys realize that dogs survived on human food scraps for thousands of years before the invention of kibble. You can feed your dog in a healthy way without buying the dog food Jew.

this

I work in a large seed storing/cleaning facility and barn cats are an absolute must

Most people aren't butchering their own animals or anything anymore where they would have enough food to regularly feed their pet only scraps

yeah, that sucks. oh well.

Letting your animal become obese is most definitely abuse. They already have short life spans and you're making it even shorter when you do that to them. I hope you're just memeing, otherwise I hope you get raped and murdered for mistreating your dog like that.

Is chocolate = bad for dogs a meme?

My dad's dog loves aged cheese and anything meat is always prefered over kibble

>not combining kibble with some sliced fajita beef
>not combining kibble with chicken

this is why you're all shitty owners

>Is chocolate = bad for dogs a meme?
No, that can kill them. A pitbull eating the corner off a kitkat won't do any harm, though. It takes a fair bit of chocolate to do them harm. Still, don't give them any.
Also no grapes, onions, or garlic.

Stop anthropomorphising.

>They also have like 10% of the tastebuds of a human
That's just cats because they're carnivores. Cats only need to taste one thing, bitterness, so that they know meat is spoiled.

i got my dog from a prized breeder, he lived 15 years, was still able to jump a 3 feet fence at 14 and was able to break fucking chains so we couldnt leave him tied anywhere, he was a dalmatian.

I cook for my dog so he gets a balanced diet, I do it in bulk and freeze all but what I'm going to feed him that week. He loves it.

I hate this shit. Poor animals getting stuck eating cheerios every day, basically. Sure, it's enough to keep them alive, but imagine how fucking bored you'd be. It's like saying humans are just as good with Soylent than a diet that actually tastes good.

>picture shows that dog and cat brains are literally physically at the same scale as a peanut
Wow, you sure showed me wrong, genius

>I uhhhh I meant they're like uhhhh the same size in like, relation to how uhhh our brains are to our like, bodies, faggot

Most animals don't have varied diets like humans do, so they don't really get bored of food in the same way we do. We probably get bored of eating the same thing to ensure that we get all the nutrition we need, but cats mostly eat the same thing in the wild.

>catfag also has a nog dog
Not at all surprised tbqhf

I know I am not the most popular persona on Veeky Forums but I cannot do anything about people with sour grapes, crabs-in-a-barrel mentalities. I am highly educated, have an educated, wealthy and close family, have a good income and excellent stipend, have traveled extensively, participated in many charitable activities and enjoy the finer things while being considerate and occupied with the notion of self-actualization.

With the onslaught of fast food threads I have to say this: my dog literally eats better than most of you on Veeky Forums.

He is a 3-year-old Vizsla imported from a world-renowned Hungarian breeder. I can trace his bloodline back over 20 generations.

What do I feed him? Various beef, lamb, rabbit, waterfowl and venison quality cuts and organs (including bone, heart, neck, liver, kidney). I supplement his diet with good greens and sweet potato.

It probably costs $7-12 a day to feed him, but I must admit he works hard and deserves it. When we go bird hunting I reserve good portions from the hunt and feed him that. He loves sauteed Goldeneye or Mallard hearts.

I would never consider giving him half the things people on Veeky Forums post.

If he can eat this well, why don't you try to? You are what you eat after all. You can be a lean and prized self-actualized individual or you can be an overweight, unmotivated, lazy slob who wastes his life while making terrible dietary choices.

Choices. That's the key word. I hope you reflect on this and make a better choice for your next meal.

And most animals don't eat processed kibbles in nature either. I'm failing to see your point. I don't think dogs or cats would leave their kibbles behind but beg at the table if "bored of food" wasn't an issue.

Yeah, if the North Koreans had me in a camp and fed me stale bread every two days, I'd rush to that shit eagerly, just like a dog.

too much text. nobody is going to read that shit.

It's not good pasta just because it's long, you know.
Funny you should bring up sour grapes, though. Pretty sure they're also poisonous to foxes.

last tuesday I mixed some boiled giblets on my dog's food
I've never seen a happier bitch

what about your mom when you moved out

ohh..shit. i wasnt trying to get hyped tonight. brutal.

sory man just what i do aroud here

nice samefagging

yeah okay buddy

It would be pretty shitty to eat dry food every day, but my dog doesn't seem to mind. I often mix something in her food to make it more palatable or at least improve the texture. Things like plain yogurt (her favorite), chopped boiled egg, broccoli and other vegetables, meat etc. She is very active so the extra calories don't hurt.

Holy fuck I wrote this and I don't even remember how many years ago this was.

>Be dog
>Wake up
>HOLY SHIT KIBBLE FOR BREAKFAST
>Sleep
>Wake up
>HOLY SHIT MEAT FOR DINNER
>Sleep
>Wake up
>Sleep
>Wake up
>Sleep
>Wake up
>Sleep
>Wake up
>Sleep
>Wake up
>Sleep
>Wake up
>Sleep
>Etc...

I feed my dogs a reasonable variety of stuff+scraps+treats but honestly they don't fucking care and will smash anything that smells edible.

I would argue that molesting, beating, actually neglecting, or immolating ones pets are far shittier things to do.

did you forget to put in your sense of humor circuit today you fucking literal robot?

>millions of abused, starved and fucking eaten dogs all over the world
>i'm horrible for giving my dog the fat comfy life

Tbh dont feed your dog "dog food". Make them nice foods and give them leftovers unless your some piece of shit that only eats takeout

Ive always wondered why the brain is shaped this way and why it has that wavey look to it

my dog noses her food and actually flips the plate over unless i change it up. she still eats it, slowly, but i feel like she's telling me i'm shit.

Because we have to pick up your poo and kibble makes it manageable.

The waves are to increase surface area, increasing the amount of neurons zapping around the surface, maximising brain function.

Do you really think that a dog wouldn't enjoy a steak compared to dry food?

Not an argument