Steak & Tater Night

Whats for dinner Veeky Forums?

I haven't had dinner yet but wanted to say that steak looks nice. Good sear. Inside pic?

yeah show a pic of the inside. im betting its barely pink. thats a welldone steak imo.

I'm guessing medium. Show us OP

Yeah my man I love a lot of cracked pepperola on my steakola know what I'm saying?

Tarter sauce on steak? Wtf

Haha its in my belly
Nope... solid med-rare
Whats wrong with you people?
Youre acting like this is the first time youve seen a properly cooked steak. Tell ya what.. Got another one in the fridge so maybe sunday i'll do this again and take a sliced pic for the autists.

Thats a compound butter there iron chef microwave.

>doesn't show inside
What's the point then faggot? You can have a nice crusty sear and overcook the inside easily. Nice unseasoned boiled broccoli btw

The point was to post a pic of my dinner and see what the ramen queens are eating tonight. I didnt realize this was some test to prove my culinary prowess.
The broccoli is steamed retard and properly seasoned. So instead of whining how about you post a pic of the leftover dominos youre fatass is about to microwave.

fuck you cunt. show the inside of the steak. you useless bitchass.

>being this defensive
I bet it had 0 pink on the inside lmao

OP again...and thanks for asking.
Mashed potatoes:
>russet potato
>butter
>chile meca
>garlic
>salt & pepper
Sauce:
>reduced red wine
>beef stock
>roux
>morel
>rosemary
>salt & pepper
New York Strip:
>meat
>salt & pepper
>cast iron
>no oil

yeah my duderino i like a little pinkola in my steakola know what im saying capice?

>0 pink on the inside
Thats your mom

OP here again... almost forgot
Broccoli:
>broccoli
>water
>boil until all taste has dissipated
Bone apple teeth!

op is a poser. a fake cook. that steak is dark black in the middle.

>no interior pic

Well done then. Got it

Had a 20 oz. prime strip myself tonight.
Cooked on a mini Weber w/Montreal seasoning and a baked tater.
Fucking ambrosia.

montreal seasoning is for plebs.

use salt and pepper and reduced worchestershire sauce.

I was saving half for a midnight snack but you fuckers were able to get me off my ass back to the fridge and even put it on the same fucking plate. God damnit im becoming like you faggots. It looks a little shitty now that its cold but fuck ya'll. Med-rare.

thats a nice medium rare steak. the grain looks cheap. like some shitty sirloin. was it chewy?

It was a strip from harris teeter so probably choice but maybe select. It wasnt chewy but not as good as others ive had.

The worcestershire sauce fucks up the taste of the ketchup.

Bit blurry but,

Roasted chicken, w/ cheese fantastico marinade, cooked in olive oil and given a paremesean/italian breadcrumb glaze

+ Waldorf salad - Chopped banana, Strawberry, Apple,and pear tossed in honey, with a sprinkle of gruyere topped over red, romaine and spinach,

It looks like a picture from the augest '83 issue of penthouse. Without the giant bush of course.

Can't say I understand the reference, but thanks? I wanted a fruit salad to change things up since i've been doing a lot of greek lately.

>cheese and breadcrumb glaze
literally what did he mean by ths

Just an amatuer cook using words he thinks are right. I mean fuck man... Waldorf salad?

Exactly what it sounds like? Italian bread crumbs and parmesean in a paste.

I'm more surprised that a "superior" chef such as yourself hasn't heard of one of the most basic salads on the planet.

What kind of sugar did you use for your glaze?

Splenda. I can't use sugar.

You misunderstood. I have heard of it.
Ive made it. Ive eaten it.

In 1983.

Then you'd know that a waldorf by definition is dried fruit and or walnuts. I have allegies to nuts,. so I use dried fruit, in this case banana chips.

Made some chili cause it's chilly

>being allergic to something

Lmao kys soy boy faggot

Holy shit, how fucking dense are you? He's saying you're a shit cook because you use words you don't know the meaning of and make outdated garbage like Waldorf salad. Grow a brain, you fucking imbecile.

Recipes are never outdated, So I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. I have also clearly defined the definition for you. So your incapability to read does not really pertain to me. Also cut the hostilities. This is Veeky Forums not /b/.

Hey, if I wasn't born with nut allergies, I might have been a faggot. I count my blessings honestly.

>recipes are never outdated
What's on the menu for tomorrow? A boiled egg, shrimp, and asparagus aspic?

Au gratin and a ceasar actually.

>au gratin
Man you gotta stop. Thats a preparation not a dish.. and its what you did earlier with your chicken... not a glaze.

That looks good, son. You are one of the only people I've ever seen post on Veeky Forums who can manage a good sear with perfect med-rare center and not fuck anything up

Thanks dad.

Good looking steak. Whats kind of sauce is that?

Tfw slightly poorer

OP here... Its a faux bordelaise.
I reduced some red wine added some beef stock and dry morel mushrooms... Hit with roux, simmer then finished with butter and thyme.

Its cloudy but tasty as fuck