For me, it's eight minutes

For me, it's eight minutes.

5 here, just like this post number

Yummy. Reminded me to get eggs too thanks brah

That's not 8 minutes, that is 4 at most.

That's 8 then ice bath. I like 8.5 and 10 for almost hard boiled.

Bull shit.

You mean like 8 minutes in the pot total? Or 8 minutes at a rolling boil? I do 5 minutes once the water is boiling and they come out way more done than that pic.

I do 8.5 at rolling boil then ice bath for a very firm medium egg.

>my thumbnail proves you wrong

Yeah I do an ice bath as well but I put the eggs in the pot while the water is still cold and wait for the boil then set timer.

Bring to boil and then turn off and let sit for 20. Best method. 15 for softer.

>20 minutes

My autism requires that I add the eggs to already boiling (heavily salted) water. Obviously it depends on your burners and the size of the egg too.

12 here, I like my yolks mostly hard with a little pearl of gel in the very center

I can see that sort of working with a gas stove. An electric one would stay hot and overcook the eggs.
But that could also happen simply with a thickbottomed pot or by having too much water in it. Those 20 minutes depend on a number of factors re: heat retention.

Much easier to get consistent results by keeping the water boiling and timing that. I usually do 7 minutes 30 seconds for nice runny softboiled. You can look up the times for this method and get the results as advertised.
When the time is up you pour the water out in the sink and fill the pot with cold water instead. You may want to replace the cold water after a minute as well. It's basically a stop bath so the eggs don't keep cooking. Makes them easier to peel as well, the cold shock does.
Pretty sure I gave pic related 9 minutes exactly. I almost never do hardboiled eggs, though.

But yeah, taking the pot off the heat and leaving it for 20 minutes could work for some pots.

This. Yeah this is just what works for my pots and my burners and general situation. I can easily imagine having to change the time depending on the situation. By the end of the 20, the water is basically just warm. So if I fall asleep or something I'm not worried about boiling water. Kinda the lazy method.

Obviously I'm not boiling for 20 minutes.

I prefer mine blue. More than three second and it's ruined.

Have fun with over 70mg/dl LDL cholesterol and clogged arteries for eating chicken periods

Idk, chop, I've had excellent and consistent results by putting room temp eggs in a pot of cold water, heating to just boiling, off heat and let rest for @ 6 minutes for soft boiled and 10 minutes for hard boiled. After those minutes hsve elapsed transfer to an ice bath. Never fails and simple af.

Can someone please explain to me the origin of the "for me" meme

For me, it's the Veeky Forums board.

It comes from /tv/, from the threads that go "what would you serve at your movie theater"

No

the correct answer is "for me, it's crab legs"

Gonna sound pretty autistic but I'm 95% sure it went "Me? I'd serve crab legs."

For me, it's just nice to say 'For me...'.

yes 8 mins is correct

>For me, it's the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

You're correct. "for me" is a wholly Veeky Forums originated meme

the alarm in my subconscious never fails

Egg in water before heat is on, heat on high until water boiling, cover pot and turn heat to low, wait 7 minutes.

I don't doubt it, man. I'm just saying that some other guy with a different pot might need to adjust those times. It's not going to be 20 for everybody.

But what's the water temp!? Boiling the entire time? Coming to a boil? Coming off a boil?

I need details, OP.

What's the purpose of the ice bath?

Residual heat keeps them cooking too long

newfag spotted.

I've been here 11 years now so yeah, I guess I'm a permanent newfag

The fuck? That looks like 4 minutes and an ice bath.

lolwut

>anime
Come on son.

i had it on hand, and it's accurate

If you have anime on hand you are a faggot and no it is not.

>anime eggs

Dumb anime hater, where do you think you are?

On a board for discussing food and cooking. Are you retarded?

Anime goes on every board newfag-kun

stop making animefags look bad.

for me, its the 'for me', the best meme on Veeky Forums

stop being a pussy

13 - 13.5 mins. (total cook time)
Fully boiled.
No more.
No less.

Been doing it this way for years.

And to peel..
Shake eggs in a sealed container with water for a few seconds.
Pinch off shells.
Done.

I bet you also enjoy your steaks well done.

And by "boiled" I mean "hard" (no gooey center)

I don't eat steak.

But I eat eggs. And I know how I like them.

When I was a dumb kid, I used to like them "sunny-side up". Not anymore.

I mean if you look at the eggs in OPs picture, and the eggs in that picture, yeah it does. I'm not sure what youre implying

The thumbnail probably doesn't use an ice bath. I'm with OP, it's 8 minutes for what he posted

Not since you got your long pants. Now you're walking with the big boys.

>using an ice bath
KEK

-this has been a post by the chop project

>long pants and big boys

I don't even know.

I'm guessing you're English.

The carbonara turned out really nice. might have given it a touch too much heat, but it wasn't disasterous.

6 on full boil for me.

>Blue eggs

Enjoy your salmonella

Fuck off vegan

I always just guess how long they've been in there because I'm too lazy to keep the amount of water and temperature before I add the eggs consistent. It usually works out well.

Dude,he's eating eggs, not salmon.

How do you have time to do an ice bath? I can't be fucked, I just want to eat my eggs.

why would you salt the water? they have shells

Following these many steps just to boil eggs
>autism

I think it makes the skins come off easier.

This also helps make the skins come off easier.

False.

You don't need salt.

Put them in boiling water.
Cook.
Then put them in ice water.

salting the water raises the boiling point of the water, meaning your boiling water is hotter than if it didn't have salt.
fact.

Yeaaah, you'd have to use like a quarter cup of salt just to raise the boiling temperature by ONE degree.

I mean, I'm not scientist, but I do know how to Google.