Remind me, why do people dislike ketchup again?

Remind me, why do people dislike ketchup again?

they have no soul

They're pretentious, which is odd because it's usually some shitty food like a hotdog or something that they are whining about.

Because it's overly sweet and has no complexity to it; it just dominates everything if it's used as a condiment.

>using shit ketchup
>drowning your food in it
you're doing it wrong lad

Without ketchup we wouldn't have this wonderful sauce

ketchup on ham is enough to make me puke just looking at it

Fuck what anyone thinks. Ketchup and mayo mixed together is a baller french fry dip and burger topping.

I have never been so mad as I have been about something on Veeky Forums as I have been about this ketchup thing. I mean really guys do you think you can stop ketchup from being mad? It's so mass produced that no matter all the shit that's said about it it will always rise to the top of all condiments. I would at this point just give up. Thanks have a nice day.

that mix is a dip for everything my friens

>implying anyone hates this holy marriage between two condinementd

Yeah, but that's junk food. I just assumed we were talking about using it on proper food like steak and eggs?

It's still delicious. Once i had porotos con riendas (beans with pasta, mashed pumpkin, etc) with ketchup, and was one of the best meals of my life.

There are two things that belong together.

Because Ajvar is 10 times better.

Why don't they call ketchup retard sauce

ketchup is corn syrup and vinegar.

Because you don't use it.

Couldn't they have come up with a better name?

It's overpowering taste is literally why it's one of the most intellectual of condiments (and complex, fyi). It actually requires THOUGHT to use, unlike lesser meme condiments like that cocksauce retards spew everywhere.

Ketchup fags are the fucking worst. Absolute autists

I just don’t like ketchup. I was a picky eater as a kid and that is the one thing I haven’t gotten over yet.

Ketonaisse

>ketchup is corn syrup and vinegar.
Sure, and corn syrup and vinegar are great when used together as a condiment.
>I just don’t like ketchup. I was a picky eater as a kid and that is the one thing I haven’t gotten over yet.
I was a picky eater as a kid and ate almost nothing but simple foods like macaroni with ketchup added.

I like ketchup, but there's the thing, I like it on very few things

Burgers, fried potatoes, in cheap macaroni and cheese. That's it. Ketchup on anything else to me just doesn't mix well.

basically sugar with salt to put to salty things.
Only an american could like this faggotry

we call that golf sauce here

Because it's a meme and we hate memes here. Just like bacon or pink salt. That's just what we do, hate on meme foods. I'M LOOKING AT YOU AVOCADO YOU FUCKING LITTLE SHIT.

It's ok as a salad dressing

i just dont like it outside of junk food
it belongs with fries and hotdogs, not steak and chicken

It's overly sweet tomato paste that overpowers everything it's put on. Something only children and adults with an unsophisticated palate could enjoy.

were you seriously looking for complexity in ketchup?

this

amerifats cant umami

>OOMURMEE

Define umami for me. Explain to me exactly what it is.

You just have to eat umami foods to get what it is. It's one of the fundamental base tastes, if you were able to explain it in terms of the others then it wouldn't be fundamental would it?

>not toasting the bread
let's talk about the real travesty taking place here

urmommy

why the hell would you call it that?