I live in New York City and would love some recommendations for good Mexican food!

I live in New York City and would love some recommendations for good Mexican food!

I just started getting really into food like a year ago, and Mexican is my favorite cuisine. There are so many places to choose from though, and I don't now where to go next.

I would like some recommendations on taco fillings (besides the usual) and dishes to try. How are Tlayudas and Tlacoyos?

Other urls found in this thread:

ny.eater.com/maps/best-tacos-taqueria-new-york-city-brooklyn-queens
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>good mexican food
>in the northeast

lol

there are tons of Mexican people in NYC, New Jersey, and Connecitcut

>nyc
>mexican food

Am I stuck in fucking groundhog day?

no, you're stuck in 1989. You can't shake a cat in the Brooklyn or Bronx without hitting a Mexican family.

or Staten Island and Queens for that matter

>Be married to a gook
>Run around in gook circles
>Everyone bitches they can't find good gook food
It's not a people thing, it's proxemity/supply issue.

>married to an Asian
>calls Asian people gooks

fucking white yellow fever autists

Anyway, where do you live where that's an issue? There are tons of Chinese people in NYC as well as tons of real Chinese food. If the population is new, just give it 10 years or so.

bump

Brooklyn is mostly caribbean, although there are large contingents of mexicans, chinese, and slavs.

Chipotle is honestly the best place for Mexican food in NYC. Get French, Italian, or get Asian.

hello r*ddit!
>go to yelp
>put in your zip code
>look at the pictures
>ignore the rating
>go to restaurant
>like a normal person

I live on the Texas coast, shitloads of Asians. Both my wife and I are racist, just so you know.

Your wife is an Uncle Wong and you're a yellow fever autist
Bullshit. You're probably from New Jersey or something
Brooklyn isn't "mostly" anything, there are people from all over the world living here.

NYC is infested with spics. There are tons of good places.

user where do you live? Best places are hole-in-the-wall joints in Bushwick. I don't have any names, just walk down Knickerbocker Ave and grab a taco.

Bushwick is not the only Mexican neighborhood in Brooklyn, you could say the same thing about Sunset Park, Corona, Mott Haven, Port Richmond, etc.
>using racial slurs unironically
White trash from that trailer park next to the Goethals Bridge detected

I'm in Kensington, we have a good taco truck here.

I know exactly what you're talking about in Bushwick, that really hipstered out part near the Jefferson St station with the murals, hipster bars, and taquerias

Stop making the same thread over and over, faggot.

Taquiera in Jersey City.

Why can't I find any real Mexican food on Long Island? The furthest East I've found any is Jamaica, Queens

>Uncle Wong
Nope, she was born with a vagina.

term still applies.

Yeah also the taco cart in front of the Morgan L stop is really good and El Fogon

Nigger detected

Does your spouse know you refer to her as a gook on an anonymous image board?

Nope, I'm a non-redneck white guy
If she even exists, that is
That's East Williamsburg but I'll check it out some time

>Brooklyn faggot gets offended by words on Veeky Forums
kek, like pottery

>butthurt Staten Island white trash

Weird cause there's fucking tons of mexicans/central Americans on LI

No, there's mostly Central Americans, Dominicans, and South Americans.. I live in Baldwin and there's a fuckton of Salvadorans and Hondurans, but I only know like 3 people with Mexican ancestry here and it's only partial.
One time I went to a Mexican restaurant in Freeport and I was hoping it might have been authentic, and it turns out it was run by Salvadorans and the food wasn't good or authentic.
The only part of Long Island that I know has a lot of Mexicans is Medford, and that's balls deep in Long Island.

>implying I live in Jew York
fuck off, queer

You probably live in Jew Jersey then

I'm not a Northeastern cuck at all.

Theres definitely Mexicans out on the ass end of LI like riverhead but it's still mostly the central Americans you mentioned

i'm just monitoring this thread cause there are zero good mexican places in park slope/windsor terrace and at this point i'm desperate

I know there are Mexicans in Suffolk County (I saw a big family of them getting on the LIRR after a soccer game), but there aren't really that many in LI overall, the only authentic Mexican spots I can find are balls deep in LI and there aren't that many of them. All 5 boroughs have a much bigger population

There's a good taco truck in Kensington on Beverly Road

As for Park Slope, just yelp it and look at the menu. If they serve shit like cemitas and tlacoyos, it's probably the real deal.

There's hardly any Mexicans in Sunset Park. It's all chink.

>Corona, Mott Haven, Port Richmond, etc.
None of those places are Brooklyn.

Chipotle

Yes.

I remember there being a lot of Dominicans and Brazilians. Don't think I knew any Mexicans up there.

You're way out of touch, the Western half of Sunset Park has a ton of Mexicans. It's one of the most well known Mexican enclaves in the city.
Well the New York born ones tend to be pretty young, like 22 or less usually

There is a decent number of Mexicans in pretty much every South Brooklyn neighborhood, plus there are plenty in Flatbush

For me, it's Chipotle

ny.eater.com/maps/best-tacos-taqueria-new-york-city-brooklyn-queens

Thanks! I want to find places that serve more than antojitos too, though

For instance, I really want to try La Morada in The Bronx which specializes in various mole sauces

NYC is shit for Mexican and Vietnamese food.

It is not shit for Mexican food unless you live in some shitty outskirt neighborhood. Maybe Vietnamese since there aren't many Vietnamese here.

Sunset park is half mex, half chinese. Tacos el Bronco at 4th and 44th is an old standby of mine. Super cheap and super delicious.

Claro in Brooklyn (Gowanus) is good for moles and Oaxacan BBQ cooked in their outdoor oven

La Palapa in the EV is a good place to try some more high end Mexican dishes.

Cosme is expensive as fuck, but it is the NYC outpost of one of Mexico City's top chefs.

Goa Taco on the LES has some delicious (if weird) Indian-Mexican fusion dishes.

I love El Bronco, I want to try some other places in that neighborhood though. How can that guy not know Sunset Park is a Mexican enclave, though? He must be from Staten Island and drove down 8th Ave once and figured it was all Chinese people.

how is it cheap, though? it's priced exactly the same as every other no frills Mexican place in the outer boroughs

that's an interesting article. It reminded me that Mexicans run a lot of pizzerias now.

>Uncle Wong

That's a new one. Top kek.

you can find a good bahn mi around the city