Mom made Beef Bourguignon

Except that she refused to brown the meat beforehand, she used cream of mushroom soup to add body to it, and the "burgundy" she used had been sitting in a cabinet without refrigeration. That's right. She basically used grape vinegar.

It looks nothing like pic related. It's a grayish color with a bit of purple to it.

k

unfortunate. supposed to brown AND deglaze the pan. good dish otherwise.

Not with the wine that had turned to vinegar since it's last use and the cream of mushroom soup. Also, no aromatics or herbs. Just gray meat and grayish-pink goop.

working moms often suck at cooking. thats the way she goes.

choke it down, say it was good, give your mom a kiss on the cheek and fuck off. optionally, kys.

>being angry someone took the time out of their day to cook for you

Fucking do it yourself next time.

She's punching above her weight, so to speak. She'll realize if it's not great herself and make changes next time. Be glad you got to at least have a meal, boy.

That's the thing. I offered. She angrily turned me down. There's some serious psychology going on at our house caused by me getting into cooking.

fuck you, you should be cooking for yourself
let your mum eat whatever shit she wants, but take some responsibility for yourself user

kys faggot.
you want to be chef supreme, move the fuck out of her basement you're a grown fucking man.

Lying to her by saying it was good is crueller in the long term.

If you do something, you do it well. You don't put in a mediocre effort and then cry that you aren't getting the adoration you think you deserve.

how about being a good son, faggot? kys.

OP, in the name of Julia Child, you must kill your mother. You know in your heart that is the only moral choice.

I agree. Mothers are always bitches. They think just because they squeezed you out of their hole they own your life. Well, I don't recall asking to be born. Nobody did. Mothers need to learn that they don't deserve anything. They need to simply accept the consequences of their actions. If her son can't get a job, that's her problem. If her son is better than her at everything, that's her problem. She can't just tell you what to do just because she made you. Her ownership ended after gestation.

this is the way to go, OP

you don't get to criticize or make the rules until you're in your own place. quit being a faggot, seriously.

no it's not

then default to the optionally part

Yes it is. She's a fucking adult, she's the last person who needs coddling.

i feel bad for your mom desu

I'm sure she needs the pity of a 19 year old goodboy NEET """desu""".

So move out and take your apple juice with you.

i feel bad for her for having such a shitty son.

>lying to my mother by telling her that her abysmal food is good is being a good son
No, she can use this opportunity to improve herself.

Like I said, no grown woman cares about your opinions. I think you know exactly what I'm talking about.

lol was that a burn? dude move out of your fuckin mom's house and you won't need to make these kinds of threads to vent your retarded feelings.

I'm not the one who's relationship with his mother is so fragile that anything short of simpering worship could derail the whole thing.

I can't stand people who will shame their own mother like this.
You don't have to love her shitty cooking just because you love her, but talking shit about her here makes you an asshole, plain and simple.
Why not cook with her instead?

Mine is far from a good cook so I join her in the kitchen when I'm visiting. Makes the food a little better and it helps her get better too. Plus it's nice to do things together with your mother. And I should know.

Why even make the thread if everything between your mother is neat and resolved thanks to your candor? Stop wasting our time.

Because this is a cooking board.

>Why not cook with her instead?

How's junior high going for you, you cancerous child?

go away you are a horrible person

then take a fucking hint you shit eater. stay out of her kitchen. move out of her basement. stop being such a fucking embarrassment to her. she doesn't need or want cooking advice from an ingrate manchild of a son who can't even get his own shit life in order.

hey ck guess what my mom tried to do something special for once but instead of helping I waited until she fucked it up so I could go online and make fun of her to a bunch of strangers

>"getting into cooking"

OP's mum sounds like a precious cunt who can't stand the idea that one of her children could have surpassed her at the only thing she was adequate at in life. Anyone defending that sort of immature behaviour obviously has issues of their own.

you didn't want to talk about cooking, you wanted to talk shit about your mom because your tastes are so superior. Offering to take over clearly implies that you don't think her ability is up to snuff, which is why she rebuffed your insolent ass.

It's true though and I've proven it. Her ability is far below snuff. It's up to her to improve herself. I would have been happy to teach her some things. Not my problem that she isn't enough of an adult to accept help when she clearly needs it.

see
also kys

You "offered" like you were doing her a favour?
How about asking like she's doing you one? Be a little diplomatic for fuck's sake. Does Veeky Forums really have to tell you how to talk to your mother?
Why did you make this thread? What was the purpose?

So what you come here to bitch about it like we care? Either go tell her or let it slide.

If someone isn't willing to take feedback then they shouldn't ask in the first place. It doesn't matter if its a friend or relative. Constructive feedback and honesty mean more than lying to someone so they fuck up later on. A lot of mothers get upset when their kids start questioning their cooking methods and surpassing them in some cases.

You're projecting your own biases onto this, "Chop". I was perfectly polite, I don't have to trip over myself and pussy-foot around when talking to my own mother. Is that what you do, "Chop"? Maybe we have that in common; both of our mothers are deeply insecure people who see an offer to help them as a vicious personal attack on their ability. Thanks all the same "Chop". Cool screen name by the way.

>refrigerating red wine

u wot

-t. OP

You seem a bit upset "childish little shit who actually made a fucking thread on Veeky Forums to bitch about his mother"
It's no skin off my nose how you get along with her, though. Have a nice day.

>i don't recall asking to be born

kys you neet faggot.

Are u daft? His mother didn’t ask for his opinion. The dipshit was interjecting and got buttmad when she shot down his uninvited input

kys you faggot ingrate

Why is it that whenever women in general are mentioned anons here rush to condemn them, yet when mothers are mentioned anons rush to defend them?

It's not necessarily the same people doing both, but if not you'd think the mommy boys would put a little more effort into defending other women as well.

If something is objectively shit or made wrong you have a duty to inform them. Plus you don't know that she didn't ask.

>tfw my parents and grandma who lives with us are all pretty great at cooking
>completely open to cooking food from other cultures
>have inside jokes about certain dishes they cook
>always banter them about not using enough salt

I’m super lucky to be able to learn from all three while also being able to develop my own style.

Need less edge on that

Because everyone here has a mother but 90% have never interacted with a non related female irl.

What said plus I think a lot of people here at at least 30 years old so their mothers are of a very different generation from the "millennial" women that are so universally despised on Veeky Forums.
That is to say; they don't hate women, they just hate women who act like entitled children. They hate the men who do that too.

look at this guy trying to get with OP's mom, tryna be OP's dad

how lonely are you mister

Have you never fucked up? And if she "refused" to brown the meat beforehand you are implying she had instructions. Maybe she'll follow them next time. Now disconnect your computer and go mow the lawn.

>OP gets a free meal
>complains about it

REEEEEEEEE

>Bourguignon is a deceptively difficult dish to cook correctly, if you think of it as "beef stew with wine in it", it isn't going to work.

Women don't want real advice, user. They just want to be told they're right.

Are you retarded? If you seriously think you need to but in on everything that triggers your sensibilities you shouldn't be shocked you're a friendless, social reject. And the sheer reaction and attitude OP has to her reaction tells you right there his input was 100% unsolicited.

>Do something wrong
>Be told that you're wrong
>Throw autistic tantrum
Why would you defend someone like that?

OP you're the one throwing the autistic tantrum. His mom was correct in reacting negatively. I would too if my son was a useless, ingrate, piece of shit who still lived in my basement.

I'm not OP, I just think you're wrong in defending shitty behavior. If you're doing something wrong and you get corrected, it doesn't matter who it's coming from, you should accept the advice.

Say you start a new job and someone tells you that you're doing something wrong, do you throw an autistic fit and just keep doing it wrong? No, you don't, you fix what you're doing wrong. How any adult can still have the mentality that OP's mom has, is absolutely astounding.

co-workers are equals. a child, a grown fucking man, living in his parents home, leaching off food & shelter, has NO SAY in how his parents choose to live their life. if you say otherwise you are a piece of shit. also implying ops mom wasn't intentionally spiting her son to make him get the hint that he wasn't wanted or needed in their household and that not only did she disapprove of his way of life but was deeply saddened and angered by it (to the point of borderline neurosis).

Same problem with my mother bro. The loves there always will be but I tell her that her cooking sucks. She has 1 decent meal the rest is just premade sauce this no seasoning on that. Doesn't even season roast chicken. Just bangs it in the oven. The fuck is wrong with these people

There's no right or wrong way to do something OP. Its personal choice and opinion, and since your mom was the one doing the cooking, it was entirely up to her. Sure, you might think your way would result in a better dish, but maybe she likes the taste of vinegar? Maybe it just wasn't a big deal to her, and maybe she'd rather do something else, who knows?

My suggestion would be to cook for yourself, and make the dish the way you prefer and maybe offer some to your mom. Maybe she'll be impressed and ask for the recipe.

You're clearly autistic OP. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, it might even be a positive, but you have to understand that you can't control other people, and not everyone will see things the way you do. Instead focus on yourself, do things the way you think they should be done, and let others do the same.

>There's no right or wrong way to do something OP. Its personal choice and opinion

Oh fuck off, there absolutely is a right and wrong way to cook food. It's the reason culinary schools exist. You're basically saying I can make grilled cheese and call it spaghetti because "everything's just like an opinion, man".

>I can make grilled cheese and call it spaghetti
You could. It's only a social construct, it's not named by reality itself. And yes, it is all opinions, even culinary school. Sure, objectively you can argue that certain methods and ways are 'better' than others, but you can't argue that they're 'correct', or 'right'. Because in reality they're not.

neck yourself. your mom doesn't give two shits about your "opinion". move out of her basement and get on with your worthless life so your mom can enjoy her retirement in peace.

>a child, a grown fucking man, living in his parents home, leaching off food & shelter, has NO SAY in how his parents choose to live their life

You keep trying to make this personal. Lets say for example OP moved out and is living on his own, but was invited to come over for some holiday or event. Would the situation change in your eyes?

What kind of guest has the audacity to criticize a cook in their own home? An autistic piece of shit obviously. (You) no doubt. Complain about a meal when you fucking pay for it. Every other time, shut the fuck up and be polite. You piece of human garbage.

>Also, creates a thread to belittle his own mother in front of Internet strangers
>is surprised when he's called out for being a piece of shit
>complains that his argument is being turned personal

kys

Have you seen OPs mum!!!

>Anime picture
I knew you were an autistic manchild. As an adult, it's acceptable to offer constructive criticism to other people.

I'm not OP, you fucking mouth breather. I bet all you eat is fast food and frozen garbage. Why are you even on a cooking board if you don't cook?

If you and your parents aren't treating each other as equals, you're underage, come from a retarded culture or just have a terrible relationship with your parents.

My mum made it for the last family dinner.

But used pic related

Autism sounds pretty great right now if its a requirement for accepting and giving criticism in order to improve.

>Beef bourguignon
>without browning the beef

Just tell me where you live OP