Well-tasting and good-looking pre-made supermarked food

The supermarked where I do my shopping at, is close by a old fishing shop known for excellent quality fish. They recently begun making sushi that they sell via the supermarked. Its very fresh and does taste good. Every now and again, there is some pre-made food that surprises - in a good way.

Thought this tread could be for sharing good experiences with pre-made supermarked food.

>local business makes product
>sells it to grocery store
>store sells it as their product
i cannot imagine this happening anywhere in america.

Normally I'd shit all over your post and call you a fag and blame you for pretty much everything wrong with the world and malign your family and person habits but I got a weird wave of nostalgia after reading your post. For a couple of years I used to have a commute that went past an independent grocer that made some pre-made foods on site, most of which I was completely uninterested in, however they did make a chicken teriyaki rice bowl with plum sauce that was fucking bomb. To this day I love ricebowls and plum sauce gives me flavor flashbacks to eating those as a luxury when on a tight budget.

This got me curious, why would it not happen in the US?

>chicken teriyaki rice bowl with plum sauce
That sounds delicious. Never tried plum sauce before but will try it right away if I see it served somewhere :)

American supermarkets are all chains that want the same product across all stores. displays or departments or whatever in the store would have to be approved by corporate and would be supplied frozen fish by their distributor. if local fish guys wanted to sell their fish there they would have to jump through so many hoops it wouldn't be worth it.
Plus American sushi would be covered in tempura bits and spicy mayo and shit

can be good till white people get involved

>used to manage a Starbucks
>barista made a cool drink themed around the local high school football team
>posted it on our featured board
>sold an assload
>district manager got all butthurt because we weren't following the promo
Fuck corporate.

I don't have a pic, but the supermarket down the street from me makes amazing fresh spring rolls. Really packed with vegetables, and with either shrimp, marinated tofu, or avocado.

Oh that's a shame. I can see why the chains have such a policy but I dont mind, as a customer, to see local specialities in the supermarkeds that are only available in the region. If anything, it makes shopping more exciting.

Even still some distributors will be "locally" sourced. You can't have the person delivering potato salad in Arizona do the same in Maine. Unless all your food comes from Sysco or US Foods.

i have a crush on you op.
supermarked is so CUTE!

>barista made a cool drink themed around the local high school football team
America is so weird. I couldn't give a shit about high school sports.

Why is supermarked cute, you have a different word for supermarked?

Think its nice when people put effort into something, regardless of what the thing is :)

Ralph's (Kroger) used to do the subway v cut for me a couple years back.

>American supermarkets are all chains that want the same product across all stores.
Not all of them, but yes it is true for the vast majority. There are a good number of independent or small regional chain stores in my city, that do feature locally made foodstuffs. There are also the big chains that are exactly as you describe. It'd suck super bad to live in a place that only had the big chains.

>Go to supermarket for groceries
>wander to the sushi area
>every package is tempura shrimp or imitation crab loaded with cream cheese, avocado, and topped with way too many sauces

Why are they all like this? Even going to a sushi bar they have maybe 5 good rolls while the other 15-30 are just overloaded shit.

Supermarket with a T

supermarket sushi is a guilty pleasure

they arent all like that unless the others got sold out. i always see common california rolls

I work at a grocery store that does this with numerous products. We may be the exception and not the rule but it goes to show that places like that are out there.
People are starting to figure out that stimulating your local economy is a good thing.

Oh that is why the spelling-checker wound not agree with me :)

My local supermarket sets them out at a set time and people congregate there to grab to good ones right away. Its like that anime Ben-to where the girls murder each other over pre-made bento-boxes.
Its weird I feel an odd cultural symmetry is happening. The anime girls compete over uncooked tv dinners, americans compete over cooked imitation crab rolls.
I feel ya. I don't have enough friends to eat at a sushi restaurant regularly without feeling awkward.

You are retarded.

wew, do you like children games and chinese cartoons too?

Not sure why you are asking. If its because of the colorful keyboard - then the answer is simply that it was the most comfortable keyboard to type on, by a gigantic margin. I write a lot and I dont care that it is a gaming keyboard. Could turn the RBG off but what would be the fun in that. Dont play many games anymore but my all-time favorite game was Tropico 3 and 4. Migrated to Linux recently and there aren't that many games on Steam for Linux. Finally, please treat Veeky Forums as a sanctuary from all the troubles of the world. We need a few places where we can take refuge and forget about politics and our problems :)

Literally every grocery store does this.

this isn't true. merchandisers at corporate level actively research the individual markets for their stores and bring in local products depending on if it's worth it. Even Walmart does this to some extent but places like whole foods do it much more. local producers pitch their products to supermarkets all the time and the buyers/planners at corporate determine which locations would sell it the best. how do you think a fucking retard like jack got his bbq sauce in some walmart locations?

except for OP's sushi that looks good and the sushi in my local market being made from local fish and i refuse to believe that OP is from MS gulf coast and he's eating the same yellowfin as me.

you know too much.

Yes, but you underestimate how many teenagers buy Starbucks and will drone buy a drink based on their school through nothing but word of mouth

>have you tried the new drink at Starbucks user?
>drags a group of five girls and their boyfriends to Starbucks for matching drinks