I deserve $15 an hour

>I deserve $15 an hour

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/video/2018/01/11/walmart-is-raising-its-starting-wage-to-11.html
amazon.com/Basic-Economics-Common-Sense-Economy/dp/0465002609
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For the number of hours you spend posting this thread you could be loaded.

>skilled work

Have you considered going to /Pol/?

>anything i disagree with is /pol/
What's it like being cripplingly autistic? Genuinely curious.

/pol/ is for jews whining about jews

He's right though, fuck off

>t. unskilled laborer
don’t worry - soon you will be replaced by automation

I mean, this is obviously political bait. There's a board literally dedicated to political discussions (if you're wanting intelligent, get off Veeky Forums). Also, where did I disagree, exactly. I don't think I voiced an opinion here one way or the other.

posting the same bread on /b/ and Veeky Forums makes you an attention whore

He didn't even disagree with you. You posted a thread about politics on a food and cooking anime board.

How sad are you about life?

>visiting /b/
>using a meme that advertises how much of a subhuman you are makes you even better
Kill yourself

Unless you are the employer, no one is entitled to tell someone what pay they do or don't deserve. Any cocksucker who's bitching about raising the minimum wage is just a fucking nosey busybody asshole. Raising the minimum wage is good for the economy, despite what greedy lobbyists for corporations shill you.

You're on the wrong site, nigger. Now make like a tree and fuck off

Same argument can be used for the abolishment of the minimum wage.

>The MINIMUM wage should be a Living Wage

I don't know if you know, but many programming jobs are now paying bare minimum close to the minimum wage these days

you have to go back bernie

quad for truth

If your business can't run on minimum wage employees you fucked up the business plan in the first place and deserve to go bankrupt.

Define, as clear and specific as possible, what a living wage is to you. Because, a lot of the time, people tend to conflate the definition to include comfort.

It doesn't matter.

What matters is that the MINIMUM wage is just that, the bare MINIMUM of hourly payment which the government deems acceptable. It's not meant to be lived on, it's just the absolute price floor for legitimate work (I.E. not kids picking berries or mowing lawns).

There's no reason burger flippers should get a living wage, like working at fucking Mc Donald's is equivalent to a trade.

She already made this thread in /pol/ I didn't know she was posting it in /b/ as well. Maybe she's just mad that she got fired from Mc'Donalds.

Except that THAT wouldn't benefit the economy and cause a huge uptick in social programs, which is exactly what you don't want.

You realize this isn't about greed, right, it's about profit. Places can't exist unless they make a profit, and yet most restaurants struggle to even make a profit.

You live in a fucking fantasy world where raising the minimum wage won't have any effects on employment or the employers. Are you legitimately a mental-midget who thinks Restaurant owners just have coffers full of money who could be paying their dudes $15/hr each and just choose not to because of LE EBIL GREED >.< ? Brainlet.

>There's no reason burger flippers should get a living wage, like working at fucking Mc Donald's is equivalent to a trade.

Anyone working 8-10 hours a day should make enough money to live off. If a company thinks this is too much to give for the type of work they need, fine, let them automate the process and get cheap robotic labor, but if they want a live human being for 8 hours a day, even if his only job were to sit still on a chair without moving a finger, the pay should be enough to live off. If your entire business model counts on your full time employees getting paid by someone else in addition to you, be it a second job or government subsidies, you deserve to fail.
Also
>implying your retarded job, if you even have one, warrants a higher wage than a burger flipper

if liberal statists had their way it would apply to kids doing yard work or shoveling snow for neighbors too, or that would just straight up be illegal

>it’s ok to artificially raise prices and wages because I don’t understand anything about economics

>artificially
Confirmed retard.

I disagree, these jobs are for people with no skills, they are good for teenagers to save some money for college, there is no reason an actual adult should think working at McDonalds should be sufficient to raise kids on.

and don't mistake it, if you are a single person, minimum wage is certainly enough to live on, I mean it won't be super fun and you won't be able to live in the trendy hipster neighborhood but its fine

>if you are a single person, minimum wage is certainly enough to live on, I mean it won't be super fun and you won't be able to live in the trendy hipster neighborhood but its fine
Maybe in some rural areas.

>Anyone working 8-10 hours a day should make enough money to live off

to add to this, increasing minimum wage dramatically basically means no more jobs for teenagers because pretty much none of them are worth $15 per hour, which means even larger student loan probelsm.

There is a reason 99% of economists agree its a bad idea and only shitty populist politicians support it, simply to get uneducated voters in their camp

Minimum wage is for high school kids that still live with their parents and want extra cash to spend on weed and condoms. If you want to actually support yourself it should be on you to develop some skill that actually deserves a good wage, and if you don't there are lots of ways to get by, like having a partner/getting married to someone who isnt useless, roommates, a second job, and not having god damn kids when you can't afford them.

Anybody who orders a sandwich with the cheese on the side deserves to get this. If you didn't want cheese on your sandwich just order it without the fucking cheese.

Your expectation to have a single fucking slice of cheese packaged separately for you is a waste of time and money.

There are very few cities that do not have any cheap neighborhoods, and its fucking silly to make our national laws based on the living costs of Manhattan or San Fransisco just because most liberal bloggers live there

Their employees were intended to be Teenagers and elderly people supplementing their allowance/passive income. It's not their fault that now most of their workforce consists of single moms and taco-niggers with 4 kids.

>orders a sandwich with the cheese on the side
Is this the actual story? That is actually funny then, I just assumed they were fucking sloppy and didn't give a shit

>implying fast food corporations are struggling
Yeah, you just proved my point, dumbass.
And as far as "mom and pop" places go, they ALWAYS get by with as few employees as possible, so if they can't afford to pay minimum wage, they deserve to fail.

>Their employees were intended to be Teenagers and elderly people supplementing their allowance/passive income
Wrong.

that’s exactly what it is though - artificial inflation. you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about

Again it's the MINIMUM wage. What don't you get? The only reason minimum wage exists is to prevent employers paying 21 cents an hour and shit. Flipping a burger simply isn't worth ~$12 an hour. Forcing them to pay that much will force them to change. Employers aren't just brainless entities at the mercy of the government. Do you want to make them pay DOUBLE what they're currently paying for no reason? Guess what. There're going to be mass-firings and mass-automation.

This whole idea also negates the agency of people to choose where they work.

>lets make it even harder to start a business
>only resteraunts left are McRobots

not an argument

I think we are all getting baited

This.
inb4 it gets entirely ignored, or it will get 1-2 shitpost replies that are nothing but buzzwords and brainlet pictures.

>Unless you are the employer, no one is entitled to tell someone what pay they do or don't deserve.
That's LITERALLY saying there shouldn't be a minimum wage.

Trickle down economics have NEVER worked, but nice job believing your talking heads.

>Flipping a burger simply isn't worth ~$12 an hour.
in was in the 70's

You're cherrypicking.

You're shitposting

Not him, but there shouldn't be.
Wages don't exist in a vacuum, artificially raised wages ALWAYS mean a decrease in employment. They make it harder for people who are otherwise being provided for to make some money, and, more importantly, to get some experience.
If they're valuable, someone will offer them a higher wage, unless literally every employer is in cahoots with every other one.

Anybody working full time deserves a living wage.

How do you know it's a she?

Why?

>waaa he hurt my feeling, better send him to /pol/

You should be posting that to the OP, faggot.

No, he's not and is just so dense that he doesn't realize what he's saying.

>Unless you are the employer, no one is entitled to tell someone what pay they do or don't deserve.
>But the State should force employers to pay their employees a certain amount

>Again it's the MINIMUM wage. What don't you get?
I don't get how you don't understand the concept of minimum wage.

>The only reason minimum wage exists is to prevent employers paying 21 cents an hour and shit.
If 21 cents an hour were enough to life off I would have no problem with reducing the minimum wage to that amount. People are too preoccupied by a specific number that seems big to them and don't get the concept of "purchasing power" which is more important.

Is there a human being performing that task for you? Then it's worth an amount that puts them above the local poverty line, and if that amount happens to be $12 in that area, then it's worth $12.

>Forcing them to pay that much will force them to change.
Good.

>Do you want to make them pay DOUBLE what they're currently paying for no reason? Guess what. There're going to be mass-firings and mass-automation.
Great! If the task can be automated, it should be automated. Do you decry the loss of the position of elevator operator? Telephone switchboard operator?

This has nothing to do with trickle down, and trickle down has literally always worked. Sorry, indoctrinated brainlet. Just look at the immediate results from the recent tax reform.

It's /pol/ because it's a post about politics. You need to go back

Only a woman would be so bitchy

>immediate results
The stock market is slipping. Where have you been?

>Is there a human being performing that task for you? Then it's worth an amount that puts them above the local poverty line
This simply isn't true. If the employee doesn't generate that amount (plus taxes), he simply isn't worth it for the company. This means that he will be replaced by machinery, fewer, overworked colleagues of his, or the company will go bankrupt.

>This simply isn't true. If the employee doesn't generate that amount (plus taxes), he simply isn't worth it for the company.
If the company can't afford to pay their workers, there's something wrong with its business model.

>I don't get how you don't understand the concept of minimum wage.
It's the bare minimum an employer can pay, artificially set by the government.

>If 21 cents an hour were enough to life off I would have no problem with reducing the minimum wage to that amount. People are too preoccupied by a specific number that seems big to them and don't get the concept of "purchasing power" which is more important.
Yeah, again, it's the absolute minimum wage payable, not living wage.

>Is there a human being performing that task for you? Then it's worth an amount that puts them above the local poverty line, and if that amount happens to be $12 in that area, then it's worth $12.
Why? No, seriously, why? Try to explain your reasoning, objectively. A task is worth what someone's willing to pay you for it. Why should flipping burgers or stocking shelves just, inherently, give you a living wage. Why?

>Good.
No, retard. This will make them fire people (concentrating the wealth) as well as automate. Like, if Netflix suddenly went up to $30 a month, would you stay subbed? If your favorite beverage suddenly cost $100 a bottle would you keep paying? No. Employers are the same, you can't just artificially change prices and expect nothing to happen. You're a total economic simpleton.

>Great! If the task can be automated, it should be automated. Do you decry the loss of the position of elevator operator? Telephone switchboard operator?
This tact makes literally NO fucking sense considering you've been the one arguing that people deserve a living wage, now want to preclude them from ANY wage by automating job they would've gotten? Holy shit, at least be intellectually consistent.

Can you make a quantitative argument to support this claim?

>Employers aren't just brainless entities at the mercy of the government. Do you want to make them pay DOUBLE what they're currently paying for no reason? Guess what. There're going to be mass-firings and mass-automation.
These things happened long before minimum wage hikes. Look at the manufacturing sector.

>If the worker was paid a living wage then they wouldn't fuck up my order

good post OP

Which had literally nothing to do with Taxes?

Did you pass Economics in high school? What's wrong with you?

>trickle down has literally always worked.
Wages and profit have literally always correlated negatively.

We didn't have economics in HS just Spanish

>Is there a human being performing that task for you? Then it's worth an amount that puts them above the local poverty line, and if that amount happens to be $12 in that area, then it's worth $12.
>mfw this completely arbitrary wage scheme "because it's a human doing the work"
I really wish they would teach basic economics in high school.

>Can you make a quantitative argument to support this claim?
Can you? """Work""" isn't inherently worth anything. It's worth is the locus of willingness to pay for it and desire of someone to do said work. Evidently, it's worth however low people are willing to go.

>If the company can't afford to pay their workers, there's something wrong with its business model.
They could, but then one day, the gubmint decided they have to raise the wages of almost all their employees, and then they couldn't. Your statement boils down to: "Companies should be able to stay afloat after any and all arbitrary wage hikes."
Again, nothing in economics happens in a vacuum.

see .

Economically illiterate people have this strange fascination with "the stock market" and seem to think that the value of every economic proposal can be judged by the effect it has on this mysterious market.

>I really wish they would teach basic economics in high school.
There to dream.

Having these conversations with Americans is enlightening. Humanity is completely removed from the conversation.

>t. insufferable faggot
The fucking state of Veeky Forums. When did this shit become tumblr?

Not to mention that saying that someone deserves to be above poverty is fairly poorly defined, since poverty could actually mean anything. Hell, if we're going by a dictionary definition of a lack of a certain resource to meet a standard (almost quoted verbatim), a billionaire could be impoverished because he's not a trillionaire. If we're going off of absolute poverty, almost every American with the $7.25 minimum wage would be able to avoid impoverishment if they're efficient enough with their money. I'll admit that there's places that have an unreasonable price of living for that job to be affordable (a lot of California and Washington, for example). However, there's plenty of ways to get by with this (roommates with interviews and written agreements, seeking better paying jobs like factory work, etc.) that I've very little sympathy for people who can't manage to make due. Want my honest to God advice for livable wages? Get out of heavily populated cities who's population trumps state populations and move to a different state with lower taxes.

How do i git gud at economic lik u guy without going 2 skool

I'm arguing against the minimum wage and I ain't American. Just read an Economics 101 book.

cnbc.com/video/2018/01/11/walmart-is-raising-its-starting-wage-to-11.html
>Walmart's workers will soon reap the benefits of the recent tax law changes, as the world's largest private employer raises its starting wage to $11
But also the stock market has a loose relation with the overall economy. It's pretty dumb for Trump to say "hey look at stock prices, look how good I am for the economy!" and also not take responsibility when it crashes. Not that he had much control over it to begin with.
also, cooking.

amazon.com/Basic-Economics-Common-Sense-Economy/dp/0465002609

>It's pretty dumb for Trump to say "hey look at stock prices, look how good I am for the economy!"
hard to blame him because he is an idiot and the media and politicians pretty much always talk about the economy and stock values as though they are the same thing. He surely doesn't understand the difference