>brits eat horse
>scandal
>aussies eat kangaroo
>whatever

what is next

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vr1idLs-zPw
sportingshooter.com.au/news/the-legalities-of-shooting-skippy
environment.gov.au/system/files/resources/8ae26c87-fb7c-4ddc-b5df-02039cf1483e/files/code-conduct-non-commercial.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=Jt1C9qmuh_g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's either you or them.

Is there anything, and I mean anything in Australia that isn't trying to kill you? You are stuck between emus, abos, kangaroos, and prehistoric insects.

kangaroo are a pest. they destroy shit. so aussies hunt them

but, aussies have dumb gun laws

It's only fairly new that it's become so normalized. At first you'd just see bags of the shit as offcuts for the dogs, then after one wank or another 'modern australian' cuisine phase got it popularized and now you can pick up all sorts of cuts from you're big chain supermarkets. Great meat. Lean, super sweet. Unless you're stewing a tail always go for rare. Shit gets tough so easily if you overdo it.

I ate one of those lasagnas (actually turned out to be donkey meat).

Couldn't tell. Not very good. Nothing special. It was just the mislabeling that was the issue.

I'd be completely okay with eating horse meat if it was appropriately labeled, but it isn't particularly tasty.

About 20 years ago people were making a huge fuss over how ostrich meat would be the next big thing: I knew someone who went over to Australia to go farm them.

It never was, of course.

>Is there anything, and I mean anything in Australia that isn't trying to kill you?
Other Australians?

I think you missed the point of the horse meat scandal, or more likely ignoring it deliberately to make a shitty thread

This
They were advertising it as different meat, I'd be pissed too.
I'm not against eating certain animals that may not be commonly farmed but don't lie to the customer.

it was a "scandal" because they were advertising it as beef when it wasnt

at least it not pink slime

Germany imports half of the global Ostrich meat production and is the third-largest producer of Ostrich Meat. Especially during the BSE-scandal, Germany imported as much as 95% of the global Ostrich meat production. Most Ostrich farms are located in Eastern Germany but even in the West, you will usually have an Ostrich Farm in decent driving distance.

why is there no ostrich meat in any of the stores I go to?
id try some.

I think the problem was that they were led to believe the product contained beef. You want 'roo, the package is labeled 'roo.

That ISN'T trying to kill you

Just buy it at your nearest Ostrich farm, google will help you locating one. Steaks seem to cost ~30€/Kg, intenses and necks can be pretty cheap with >10€/Kg. Also, Supermarket chains occasionally offer them and they usually advertise it.

Some aussie cunt I play games with was saying that there's basically no regulation for hunting roos, that it's basically like hunting feral hogs in the US.
With that said, is there any reason I couldn't hunt one with a broadsword? Because that sounds fucking fun.

They're faster and stronger than you, so assuming you could even get close to one it would probably kick the living shit out of you.

Anudda shrimp on da barbie, aye

raw cockroachs in a raw mashed mealworm sauce with a side of horse gonnoreal discharge as a chaser.

What said, they're basically like chimpanzees and are all muscle, so unless you're a mad cunt as they say in straylian colloquial, you're probably going to get your shit all snapped up.

I'm fine with horror movies but I'd be scared shitless if I was in that situation.

been buying a lot of kangaroo meat recently. around 5 bucks per lbs. good price? also ostrich for the same price, but prefer the roo.

>horses abd kangaroos are a danger to people on a mass scale
kek

what did you expect? horses are cool and useful, kangaroos are just mean dicks

If we still had a need to do this, kangaroos would be next in line to be domesticated for the purpose of food production.

The French eat horses, not the Brits. The Brits eat baked beans and pot noodles.

i always hear that roo is cheap in australia. how much does it typically cost?

As an amerifat who hunts and butchers his own venison I would imagine kangaroos are about like deer so I hsve no issues with it. But fuck any sub human that would eat horsemeat. We wouldn't even have a country without horses, assholes.

It wasn't intentional, it was added to the beef supply without notice.

mfw this made me laugh

They're roughly the size of a man aren't they? if I've got 36" of extra reach at that point I don't feel like it would be too hard. Carry a backup pistol in case things go bad obviously.

publix used to carry it like 20 +/- years ago

Yes, they're roughly the size of a man. They're also a lot faster than a man and have better reach with their legs and tails then you do with your arms.
But please, go haul your basement dwelling ass out to bush and try to kill a kangaroo with a sword.
The news story will be fucking hilarious.

>It's scandalous and disrespectful to eat a horse but it's perfectly okay to boil one down for glue and dog treats
So majestic

People kill bears with spears, animals are dumb user, why are you getting so mad about this?

Why do you think I'm mad? I'm very amused by you.

>mass shootings never happen and every gun death makes the news

Pretty good gun laws I'd say

projecting and making wild assumptions while insisting that your idea is right despite evidence to the contrary (bear hunting with spears) It's like you have a personal connection to this or something, was your stepfather a roo?

No, he was actually a dingo.

No, I just like reading news stories about dumb people who overestimate their abilities.

Wait, you like reading new stories about yourself?

Cheaper than beef, more expensive than chicken

How many years have you killed with a spear?

You'd get your ass kicked to literal death. Were you home schooled by Melbourne bogan evangelicals?

Oh come on man, that was weak. Do better.

He's not even Australian, user.

it'd be fucking easy bruh. they're definitely strong and fast, but they don't fucking know what a sword is, and you'll very easily wack a leg or an arm off with one.

F-fuck you!

I live in a country town of 10,000 in the middle of nowhere in Canada and I can get ostrich, kangaroo, camel, wild boar, alligator and all sorts of meat at my supermarket. git gud.

Ah yeah. It'd be stupid easy, bruv.
Don't understand why everybody doesn't do it.

You can't kill a roo with a broadsword you retard.
You need a katana for that shit.

It's more because roo's are a pest here.
Also horse is technically perfectly fine to eat, it's a taboo that for some reason never wore off, but horses take a lot longer to grow than cows or sheep do so they're not really practical to eat due to costs and the time invested.
I'm aware that people thought it was beef and that the horse was advertised as beef hence the scandal but overall there is nothing really wrong with eating horse.

This video
That roo is a fucking pussy, if that had been a well-swung kriegsmesser that roo would be dead. It's not that hard boys.

Clearly someone isn't aware of the media gag order on Australia's gun crime

Behold user and his +5 rooslayer.

I'm sorry I'm just laughing my ass off at the image of some neckbeard huffing and puffing and waving a sword around while he tries to chase down a kangaroo.

Do you study HEMA?

the main issue is because they stand upright you expect them to use their "hands" but those fuckers can rare back on their tales and use their "feet" to gut you

These two posts caused me to laugh so hard I actually threw up a little bit. Felt pretty good.

Clearly someone here is retarded and knows nothing about actual Australia law

>Halt foul Were-rabbit! Face me that I may gut thee and feast as a King this eve!

Good goy, remember to pay your NRA membership fees.

Fuck you my guns keep me safe

Of course user, of course! Remember: Purchase at least 15 guns a year - Who knows when the government may try to take them away from you! You can't be sure! Buy lots and lots of guns! You aren't safe! Keep buying!

The difference being, the kangaroo is sold as kangaroo while the horse is sold as beef.

ITT: Veeky Forums is convinced no one hunted before the advent of firearms

If you ever end up doing this film yourself with a gopro or something. That would be some quality fucking entertainment.

>Americans turn fatties into food

>He thinks that some Renfair reject waddling after kangaroos with a sword is the same as skilled hunters using projectile weapons and traps to hunt
lulz

Migrants?

Isn't there a video of a dude hunting hogs with a spear?
>"Drown motherfucker"

Hunting hogs with a spear is actually a real thing humans do and have done for a very long time. Hunting kangaroos with a sword is sheer madness, and that's the source of the entertainment value.

Bullshit, all around Australia, kangaroos are protected fauna.

You need a special license to shoot roos

I believe you're lying, sir.

>You need a special license to shoot
ftfy

You use dogs or traps to get the boar worn out and pinned down, then you dispatched with a spear.
You don't go chasing after the boar in some kind of melee showdown.
You'd have to do something similar with a roo cause you're not going to catch one on foot.
Also a spear would be better than a broadsword because it's got more reach and is better for thrusting from a safer distance. A broadsword is for fighting other humans with swords, not hunting animals.

I try my best not to use this particular insult, but you’ve fuckin earned it, m8. You’re a real “grade A” faggot.

Costs about 30% less than beef usually. Roughly $10 for a kilo of mince generally. The mince is a great substitute for beef, and it's cheaper and healthier.

Wrong, they're protected. You need a licence to hunt and you aren't allowed to hunt with a sword.

>Kangaroos and wallabies may only be shot subject to an appropriate licence, and that licence applies a Code of Practice that must be adhered to by the shooter.
>The required standard for large kangaroos, such as red, Eastern grey, Western grey, euro (wallaroo), agile wallaby and whiptail wallaby is that they be head shot out to a maximum range of 200 metres with projectile fired from a centrefire rifle that is at least as powerful as the following minimums: .204 Ruger firing a 40 grain projectile, .222 Rem, .223 Rem, .22-250 Rem, or larger.

sportingshooter.com.au/news/the-legalities-of-shooting-skippy

environment.gov.au/system/files/resources/8ae26c87-fb7c-4ddc-b5df-02039cf1483e/files/code-conduct-non-commercial.pdf

As with everything to do with guns in Australia, it's regulated, but people just don't know about it. However the fact is that you could probably get away with hunting/duelling kangaroos in many places without anybody knowing.

>You use dogs or traps to get the boar worn out and pinned down, then you dispatched with a spear.
Mostly true
>You don't go chasing after the boar in some kind of melee showdown.
true
>You'd have to do something similar with a roo cause you're not going to catch one on foot.
Fucking wrong
>Also a spear would be better than a broadsword because it's got more reach and is better for thrusting from a safer distance. A broadsword is for fighting other humans with swords, not hunting animals.
pic related, kys.

The traditional way is to use a spear thrown with a kind of a extension paddle thing not unlike those things you use to throw tennis balls for dogs.

lidl usually sell semi exotic meats around christmas where i live. Ostrich, kangaroo and some other ones i can't remember

Why was the kangeroo head-locking the dog anyways? Is this normal?

Yeah it’s fucking normal. Roos are notorious for trying to choke out any prey they see. Rumor has it they learned that trick from the angry abbos.

>Why was the kangeroo head-locking the dog anyways? Is this normal?
Yes, kangaroos know roo-fu and know how to choke out opponents.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jt1C9qmuh_g

Like an atlatl?

>You need a licence to hunt and you aren't allowed to hunt with a sword.
>aren't allowed to hunt with a sword.
>hunt with a sword.

Yes exactly but they're called woomeras.

Yes well it would be considered hunting. Despite what some in this thread have said you would almost definitely be able to kill a kangaroo with a sword pretty easily, presuming they didn't just run away from you. It would be a hunt, albeit a bit of a risky one, not some kind of battle.

ah yes wonderful, thanks for your contribution

thanks i just got promoted

I bet those both feel great, but that is way outside my comfort level to try.

Also, I would love to try horse and I'd give kangaroo a shot.

nope. even the sun is trying to kill us, with the hole in the ozone layer right above us. we have the highest rate of melanoma (deadliest skin cancer) in the world.

i'm not trying to be funny. i'm saying this as a public service announcement. if you come here for vaction then remember to wear sun protection.

>Rumor has it they learned that trick from the angry abbos.
There's very few things about Australia I find desirable tbqf.

Hey dude where's the number

fuck kangaroos