Regions of US with best food

I nominate South Carolina
>Grits
>Boiled Peanuts
>Mustard Based Barbecue (primarily Columbia/Midlands)
>Shrimp and Grits (Mainly Coastal Areas from Charleston to Beaufort)
>Liver Pudding
>Hash
I acknowledge that many of these could be found in North Carolina and Georgia.

>Grits
trash.
>Boiled Peanuts
ok.
>Mustard Based Barbecue (primarily Columbia/Midlands)
trash.
>Shrimp and Grits (Mainly Coastal Areas from Charleston to Beaufort)
trash because grits are trash and you don't eat trash.
>Liver Pudding
trash.
>Hash
ok.

clam chowder

>yank

This is the cuisine of every cvostal southern state, minus the mustard bbq and liver pudding.

texan.
;)

>I acknowledge that many of these could be found in North Carolina and Georgia.
I know. Coastal southern states have the best food.

OP is based

>he thinks north carina and Georgia are the only coastal southern states.

You name foods specific to a while region and then claim it to be south carolinian.
Don't get snarky cause someone called you on you bs

>specifies region
>calls out a state
The answer is North Eastern United States. Chowders cheesesteak pizza lobsters crabs plus the huge variety of authentic ethnic food found in new york city. There is no other region that can keep up. Barbeque can only go so far.

>claim it to be only south carolinian
>specifically state that most are also in Georgia and North Carolina
What did he mean by this?
Also
>he thinks north carina and Georgia are the only coastal southern states.
They are

Louisiana is best you dumb niggers.

>not northwestern coastal states

Shuggy duggy

Pls be b8

Charleston is the meme city of SC.

>he thinks florida is southern
>he doesn't understand that "coastal southern states" means Atlantic coast not Gulf Coast
Lurk more

You can find any of the foods you listed in floridia in abundance.
Any state with a coastline is coastal, you listed States on the east coast.
Pls be troll

>tfw live 30 minutes from here
>work in North myrtle beach
>tourists from Canada and virgina flock down here in droves
>everyone acts retarded about the fact that my store isnt 24 hours like from where theyre from
>constantly have to tell everyone about the liquor laws that restrict liquor being only sold at liquor stores and they close at 7:00 pm and weekends
>people get pissed at us
>i just want to get the hell out of this shit state

Hawaii
>freshest fish
>game
>classic hawaiian cuisine
>modern hawaiian cuisine
>tourist areas have quality foods from all over the country, just like vegas
>spam
>pan asian influence and authentic asian cuisine

>hawaii
>poi
>spam
>chili with rice
Nope. These abominations negate any positive contribution.

Outside charleston and maybe... maaaybe columbia south carolina is a cultural wasteland.

>chili with rice

It's literally the best way to have it. Also spam is delicious and poi isn't exactly a staple food these days.

grits are flavorless mush

thought I was going to have a life changing experiance when I ordered those shit tasting garbage food

>flavorless mush
Thats your fault. The same can be said of most food if you dont season it.

I got them from denny's and thought it would be a life changing experience

still don't think they could really be that much better by any wold class chef

>ordered
Wait i missed that. You are talking about the crappy little bowl served at diners. No shit its bad. You can make it eatable if youre hungry and add salt pepper butter and hot sauce but fuck man... diner grits.
To do it right you treat them like polenta adding any number of ingredients and seasoning during cooking. Theres only so much you can do once it hits the table.
What if someone tried to serve you risotto without any stock or seasoning...just mushy rice. Get it?

>What if someone tried to serve you risotto without any stock or seasoning...just mushy rice. Get it?

kinda

there is a limit

I just hate how people praise grits as being something good but all ive seen is another version of oatmeal will less flavor

why do rednecks like grits?

why do they put shrimp in them?

I'd be willing to bet nobody else in this thread knows what you mean by hash.

I miss it greatly

>live near the coast
>go out fishing one day
>catch some weird looking spider looking thing
>hungry
>decide to cook it and eat it
>tasty.jpg
>grow loads of corn on my plantation
>creamed corn, popcorn, corn on the cob, hominy, corn fritters, corn bread
>accidentally add too much liquid to my corn bread mix
>have no more corn meal
>fuck it and heat the corn meal and milk mixture
>tasty.jpg
>remember those skrimps from earlier
>wow i bet those would be good together

lefotover potaotes, peppers, oniosns, meat, crisped up

I don't fucking know. Just another vehicle for cheese and butter. And the liver pudding is just fucking plain disgusting. I've spent time south of the Mason Dixon line and those people are a different type of stupid than anywhere else in the country.

>if you dont season it.
That's the point whitetrash, you don't use seasonings, do you? What did you add to it to flavor it up? Yeah, I thought so.

Does hash mean something different in South Carolina? Because everywhere else in the country you can get hash at pretty much any breakfast/brunch place.

>southern praise
Yeah i understand. Im a northern transplant and some of these people are silly about their grits but keep in mind some of these people are silly about a lot of things especially when they think its uniquely southern. Grits even well prepared grits are not going to change your life despite what certain southern gentlemen will have you believe. Its just ground corn...you can make then good as fuck but theyll still just be grits.

take your meds weirdo

What are you struggling with?
As a fairly neutral grain you can season grits any way you choose. Sweet savory spicy creamy chunky... meat herbs veggies... whatever you want. Are you okay?

>mason dixon line
Without google im certain you dont even know where the mdl is.

not that user but i really love grits. it's nice with roasted butternut squash, sage, and goat's cheese.

i love cheesy grits, shrimp and grits, grits with bacon or ham, grits pancakes.

butter, cream, salt, pepper as your basics. bacon fat instead of butter when available.

The simplicity and versatility is the reason for their popularity...and being dirt cheap.

>live in the south
>local farmers best farmers

Why the fuck would I come on the internet and tell lies? Anyway, the South starts, culturally, once you get out of Northern Virginia.

So again... without google... Where is the mason dixon line?

Audience quiet please.

I fucking hate the state, but Louisiana
Let's be honest guys
Texas has great food, but culturally they lack definitive style
>Gumbo
>wild game (includes gator, duck, boar, and literally anything else)
>seafood
>hot sauce
New York and California have the best restaurants, but most of their "state cuisine" is just borrowed from other countries

The border between PA, MD, DE. Creates a L shape.

t. Texas

It's the Mississippi river, you ass.

west texas, best mexican food in the world

Christ, it's a good thing the right are keeping education underfunded, I'd hate to think how people might wake up if they learned US history and geography.

I agree on all points. Hate the state, but it has incredibly unique, distinctive cuisine.

Charleston, Columbia, Beaufort, Hilton Head

Louisiana, by far

You should have said which state, not region.

>Louisiana is best for dumb niggers
FTFY

Poverty.

wrong
Yeah, its not breakfast food (well it can be) its generally a side for barbecue. Its mashed up leftovers of a pig pretty much

Grits aren't exclusive to here
I SINCERELY doubt boiled peanuts are
I've never even heard of liver pudding. We fry livers here in the upstate.

Did you put salt and butter on them?

Most of this is Carolina/Georgia food, but to be fair OP did say that.

>California has quinky sauce, avocados, and in-n-out
>would rather eat shitty wild pigs and reptiles
Oh-kay the ln

What my grandmother always called "crockpot hash" was basically a thick beef stew with LOTS of spices and onion, as well as rice for some reason.

lousiana, by far.
>fried chicken
>etouffee
>crawfish boils
>low country boils
>jambalaya
>gumbo
>chicken & biscuits/waffles/crepes
>biscuits n' gravy
>red beans & rice
>dirty rice
>bulletproof coffee
>ability to look at an animal and realize it's probably in the market
>tony's
it's literally all soul food that god maxed out to it's best point.

>Claiming fried fucking chicken is Louisianian

it's not, but it's done better than SC/KY

I sincerely doubt that. Clearly my grandmother's fried chicken is objectively the best.

Greenville SC has some pretty good restaurants

i forget

all I can rememeber is being real disappointed

you clearly haven't seen the light of day
or heaven, rather

oh my god, you really consider Columbia to be culturally significant? it's rife with poverty and crime. the negatives are way more prominent than the positives

They can't even keep their sewage away from drinking water!

My wife is from charleston so we are back and forth all the time and yes... South Carolina is a shithole. Charleston is the exception with plenty of history and old money.

Not Columbia the city the midlands area itself.

i grew up in charleston, the only thing I really miss is the food. I get bottles of the sauce delivered now i miss it so much.

gotta go Maurices.
The fact that he was a kkk member just increases the taste

grits are fucking awful

new england

Mid-Atlantic.

We have nyc, NJ, de, MD, and pa. Philly and nyc alone cinch it

California cause it has all cuisines.

Pretty much.

but is it worth dealing with all those kinds of "people" ?

they can't even make a pizza, so how good could their other food be?

Im in W Cola and this bbq place close by serves amazing hash over rice.

But is right. We are OP as far as collecting global food and even synthesizing them to an extent, but there are almost no dishes that are both natively Californian and widely used. Our food culture has just largely absorbed Mexican cuisine with a few Asian flairs and the tendency to throw avocado in absolutely anything.

I think the only true Californian thing we have is Santa Maria style BBQ which is just sparse dry rub on a tri tip and heavily smoking it with oak. Its great if you like mellow smoke flavors and especially if you put on some strawberry pico de gallo, but it is still only one dish. Maybe if you want, you could include carne assada fries.

>but is it worth dealing with all those kinds of "people" ?
Are we really going to make this about the people you do and don't like?

>they can't even make a pizza, so how good could their other food be?
Judging a food culture by their pizza is the stupidest thing I have heard today, and this is coming from someone who hates the idea of California style pizza. Although for some reason the nuts and legume pizzas I've tried were surprisingly good.

Washington is clearly superior to the Southern and Californian trash in this thread.

i've lived in all three places for a long time and i can safely say this is true, as long as youre not talking about food from seattle

Hey user I live in Myrtle Beach, do you hate it here as much as everyone else?

is that pico de galo?

NYC just has a shitty version of Italian food as well as jew stuff and philly just has steak with shitty cheese

So does any city with more than 100k people you fucking brainlet. Clearly not what this thread is about

Myrtle Beach is just the trashiest people from New Jersey and Ohio who moved down to Myrtle Beach

>having strong opinions about chicken with a bread coat being dunked in hot oil

>having opinions

now the OP says "regions" of the us with the best food, correct?

gas stations have the best boiled peanuts.

In terms of the best distinct culinary heritage, it's definitely Louisana/NOLA.

I live in Chicago and we have plenty of great restaurants, but also plenty if crap food. Nothing on the west coast counts because it's all transplants, not saying the food is bad there though. The north east isn't bad, I like lobster boils and oysters and whatever, but it doesn't really go much from there. The northeast lacks seasoning.

>it's a good thing the right are keeping education underfunded,
I know it's bait but fuck this meme. We spend the most per student of any Western country and our education quality is still dropping because we let the federal government and teachers unions run everything, reducing everything down to "you need to pass this test or else no more funding".

NCLB and the Dept of Ed were mistakes.

Lol ever been to Cali? Even in small towns with like 10k-30k people theres a Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, etc. restaurant. If you want regional cusine, California rolls are kino.

South Carolina mustard barbecue sauce is definitely the best sauce for pulled pork, there's no question.
This user knows what's up. There's no such thing as a bad restaurant in NOLA. The competition is too fierce in every category.

There are bad restaurants, but that's because they're fronts for illegal stuff.

>nothing on the west coast counts

Did you also go on spouting about bullshit about how Trump won the popular vote because for some reason or another you can just discount California, dum dum?

The bay area and PDX have some of the best food in the country, by far. I lived in Chicago for 2 years and the food is absolutely horrendous; it only seems good by comparison if the furthest you've gone from the city is Milwaukee.

>Grits trash

Is there still a chance for us to develop a real cuisine without forcing it or are we stuck like this?

>>low country boils
that's a SC/GA thing, named after our low country