Become popular because it tastes amazing and adds depth to many many dishes

>become popular because it tastes amazing and adds depth to many many dishes
>meme marketers start telling people it's healthy
>it becomes slightly more popular
>people forget the original appeal
>people realize it isn't particularly healthy
>it stops being popular
has marketing ever fucked a food over this hard before?

Is it only unhealthy if you drink a pint of it a day?

looks like a nazi eagle and then the bottom has slaves manually pushing a a grinding stone.

If that means the price comes down (due to no longer being inflated by hype), then the smart people win and the marketeers and the sheep lose. I don't see the issue here.

you sound selfish

there is no real olive oil that is unprotected against light, this is garbage.
useless topic

Maybe. But that is why I said "no longer inflated", I still want the growers and producers to make enough to continue their business. I just don't care if the marketing types end up living in boxes under the freeway, and making a buck by sucking off truckers at the local truck-stop.

>frantoia isn't real olive oil
jesus christ, THINK before you speak. they don't need to be protected against light cause they're not stored in light, it's big boy/girl olive oil

are you talking about olive oil in general or just this brand?

eh, I think most people still perceive it has healthy

>get italian olive oil as a gift
>cool, im going to make so many things
>it sits un my shelf all the time unless im having a salad because i dont need it for any of the things i like to cook

This exact thing is happening to secret aardvark habanero sauce right now and it sucks.

What are some good us made olive oils? California olive ranch is good but I’m wondering what other brands I can get from the America’s. I imagine Argentina have some good oils.

olive oil of course

make more italian food

pretty much for cooking anything that goes into a pasta, like fatty porks and mushrooms and garlic and so on.

Bariani, made in central california, sold in the East Bay. unfiltered, very good flavor, i have bought bottles of it for strangers. im sure you can find it somehow.

it's on amazon, agreed with this guy, Bariani is top stuff.

Sad thing is that it's only going to get more expensive and more mainstream the more we talk about it which is why I have been trying to get aardvark discussion banned on Veeky Forums.

Dare I say, (Our Oil)

I use olive oil for everything I make that uses oils. My family always has used it and they always will. I would deepfry with it if I could.

>isn't particularly healthy

I literally have no fucking idea what you're trying to say.

Is it nutritious and packed with vitamin C? No.

Is it calorie dense and wildly important macronutrient that also blunts the insulin response when consumed with bullshit carbs? Yes.

So what's your point?

Wait did I just get baited?

How is it not "healthy"

>being this butthurt over your fake oil
eye-talian '''''culture'''''

I have never used any non-olive oil in my entire life, except for deep frying