Any downside to drinking diet coke, or coke zero? I go through 4-5 of these everyday

Any downside to drinking diet coke, or coke zero? I go through 4-5 of these everyday.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/04/26/well/diet-sodas-tied-to-dementia-and-stroke.html
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QQhsQ402zQkJ:www.wis-pak.com/docs/Newsflash/newsflash.pdf &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Too late for you...

Rest in pepsi, OP

sounds like you're almost ready to transcend

(pic related)

©®∆§Π

ginger ale will be the death of me, this is way too fucking good.

The studies are inconclusive. We might not know for another thred or four decades.

>t.grandpa

you are like little baby

I'll take my chances until then to drink sugarfree sodas

once your palette develops

Not mixing it with vodka would be a downside, but I do.

Aspartame metabolizes into methanol, which then becomes choloroform... so that might not be good for you over a long period of time.

Literal mom science

I need to pee all the time when I drink this

One a day? Fine. Several a day like you? Not fine. Drop the binkie, fatass.

Not good for the glance of your teeth. Otherwise ok.

Methanol metabolizes into formaldahyde retard
Also, citation needed

Lots of sodium and the acidity isn’t good for your teeth. That’s it afaik. The other chemicals in it very likely aren’t good for you over the long term (I am talking like 50+ years), but a serious Diet Coke habit for a few years isn’t going to kill you.

Coke Zero Sugar is a beverage triumph. I can’t believe how good it is, especially out of a can. Try not to drink so many per day though, you’re better off replacing at least a couple of those cokes with waters.

Aspartame is not great for your gut bacteria diversity. Not a problem in small amounts, but in that quantity..

Bundaberg is the best soda I've ever drank.

>which then becomes choloroform
So I'll become sleepy and green?

No citation is needed. Are you too stupid to google? I’m not writing a scientific paper

Diet Pepsi is aspartame free now.

Drinking it sharply increase your risk of stroke and dementia.

For the "citation needed" crowd:
nytimes.com/2017/04/26/well/diet-sodas-tied-to-dementia-and-stroke.html

I'm still drinking it because I get tired of plain water, and nothing else is really appealing.

it fucks your insulin response

>based on 97 incidences of stroke in 2888 patients
Wow so compelling.

I grew up in a household where my parents drank Diet Coke and sugary beverages basically weren't around (including juice most of the time). Consequently, I have absolutely no taste for sugary drinks but I do enjoy Diet Coke. I don't really dink it anymore, maybe the equivalent of 5-10 cans/year, but there is something about it that I really like. When I was in college and studying for exams I would often drink Diet coke for a couple weeks, it was comfy.

Besides alcohol, I only drink water, carbonated water, coffee, and sometimes tea. Water is good enough for me and carbonated water is excellent but I invariably forget to refill my (((SodaStream))) so it's been a while.

do I really have to fucking do this

pic related is the oxidation of methanol

oxidation does not add chlorines you fuckhole

Don't you hate it when people make claims and fail to provide mechanisms?

>4-5 of these everyday
caffeine related heart problems is all we can be certain of at this point

Same here OP.

I'm sure it's killing me but I've lost 70lbs since I switched to it so it's worth it.

Not anymore, it seems. webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QQhsQ402zQkJ:www.wis-pak.com/docs/Newsflash/newsflash.pdf &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I'm a bit confused, though. Didn't they already have the classic sweetener blend for those who prefer the old aspartame-sweetened Diet Pepsi more?

Sucralose is worse

to me, it just tasted more sickengly sweet (way more than regular Pepsi imho) and definitely tasted flatter when they opted out for sucralose

I wouldn't trust anything you eat or drink that doesn't leave behind calories and isn't water. You're basically swallowing inedible garbage, that can't be great for your intestines.

that really gross aftertaste
I don't get that from diet coke, or even diet dr pepper

> even diet dr pepper
>even
I love diet everything else, but that shit tastes how I imagine the liquid that leaks out of punctured week-old garbage bags tastes.

*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

>inb4 under 27s bitch about the taste

Worse tasting soda

Yeah I agree. Diet Pepsi tastes like ass.