Reuse bacon grease?

is it safe to reuse bacon grease for other cooking purposes?

i recently came across HEB applewood bacon, which is fucking amazing. it puts out a ton of delicious grease, and id hate to throw it out. i was thinking of making a gravy or something with it.

Of course.

explain

Not him but it works great when you wanna fry other breakfast stuff like eggs or hash browns

Bacon grease is a key ingredient in most southern foods.

Use that shit mixed with crisco, make fried chicken.
Make chocolate chip cookies, use bacon grease.
Make corn bread, bacon grease.

Anything you bake, mix or fry, add some bacon grease in.

Yes, Bacon grease is a staple fat in many cuisines

is it safe though?
compared to like, butter, or vegetable oil?

it's just the same
maybe avoid if you're worried about cholesterol

You cant be this retarded

Yes, you dumbshit ameriorc
Its basically lard.And lard is way better for you than all the shitty oils or butter.And it tastes better

if you mean like foodborne illness safe then yeah, youre heating it up plenty hot to get rid of any germs when you reuse

Just keep it in a jar in the fridge.

I fry my eggs and potatoes in it.

This, strain it and keep it chilled.

as long as you didnt burn it

Yes, it's called lard. It will go rancid eventually, just like lard or vegetable oil you buy. You can refrigerate it to make it last longer. If you use it fast enough, you don't need to refrigerate it. Ie, treat it basically like butter with regards to preservation (keeps for a while at room temp, a long time in the fridge, basically forever in the freezer).

I doh t even strain it and I keep it in a cupboard in a glass dish with a lid, as long as I don't burn shit in it like egg bits or the browned bits, I'm not sick yet, been using it for about 6mo.

Spread it on bread to make sandwiches

>Spread it on bread to make sandwiches
OMG why didnt i think of this

Yeah it's absolutely fine. Just put it in a tupperware, throw it in the fridge and use it like you would any other oil. You can keep it at room temp but it lasts longer in the fridge.

Yes, it's fine. I drain mine into an old mug and keep it in the fridge for whenever I need it. Use it anywhere you need grease and a smoke/bacon flavor; breakfast, tossing with breadcrumbs for your mac and cheese before baking, etc.

>cook bacon
>then cook eggs and hash browns in the leftover fat

wow so smart so genius