Your taste in donut can say a lot about you. For me, it is the Jelly Filled...

Your taste in donut can say a lot about you. For me, it is the Jelly Filled. Called Sufaginyot by Jews and Punchkeys by the Pollacks, we just call them Jelly Filled, I like to treat myself to one of these sweeties every once in a blue moon, and you know what? I think of my wife making out with me while she has a big biteful of Jelly Filled Donut in her mouth.

So, what is it for you?

glazed.

For me, it depends on where the donut originates. Some of the donut places here in town don't make the best glazed donuts, but their specialty cake donuts are decent, for example.
Ultimately, I believe a donut establishment can be judged on their normal (not cake) glazed and chocolate glazed donuts, regardless of the other options.
I prefer a still-warm glazed, but am also fond of maple long johns, jelly filled, jelly filled donut holes, and warm chocolate glazed.

I like ma and pa owned, or small local chain donuts. Krispy Kreme and Hurt's are garbage.

Thats a Krapfen

nah senpai, those are called koblihy

jelly filled
reminds me of when I was little and would sneak out to the donuts shop around the block and the chinese woman who owns it would give me one for whatever pocket change I had. Usually a dime or 2 . God bless her soul .

He's right tho. That's a Krapfen. We eat them here during "faschingszeit".

I get a craving for one of these every blue moon or so

For me, it's going to the country in early fall and getting an old fashioned apple cider donut with a hot apple cider

The fact that you spell it "donut" says a lot more about you.

For me, it's the Vienna Doughnut.
So thoroughly soaked with fat, it actually melts in your mouth without chewing.

see

>Punchkeys

It's a pretty good approximation.

I like jelly-filled if the jelly is properly dispersed. Most of the time, there just one giant ball of jelly in the middle, and nothing for the outer 50%

Why eat anything else? I wish I could eat donuts more often. Jelly-filled donuts are cloying and just too much.

In my opinion, the French Cruller can't be beat, that light, custard-y dough is the best

it's Pazcki.

i'm not polish, just from Detroit. every donut shop in SE Michigan is going to be making these 500 calorie bombs tomorrow.

Fat thursday was last thurday though.

you're thinking of the other day before fatter friday.

fat tuesday is fatter than that.
i'm still debating on how boujee i want to go, and how much i'm willing to stand in a line. as long as i get my chocolate creme pazcki, i'm good in the hood.

This.

The crystallized sugar in the glaze adding a gentle crunch to the texture.... Oh the decadence.

Seventeenth post best post.

The only thing in the world better is these, but they can't really be called doughnuts.

I like old fashioned.

aren't those just berliner?