youtube.com/watch?v=clZTw2AC6yU
youtube.com/watch?v=cWSqHFAQtzU
youtube.com/watch?v=P7XOVPrxEaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MbRHr5dvGp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fry it.

bump =)

day old rice.

use double the oil you think you'll need.

use peanut oil with a small dash of toasted sesame oil

>day old rice
This is so true. Make sure it's left uncovered so it dries out as much as possible. Old wet rice is terrible to fry.

use old rice and high heat

>use double the oil you think you'll need.
no way, too much oil makes it soggy

Use a giant wok with like a 20,000,000 BTU burner

Cold rice. And I know not everyone does this but using butter instead of vegetable oil improves the flavour tenfold.

What else do you guys use for flavor?
I tried using sesame chili oil and butter which helped a bit but it was still pretty bland

What style are you looking for?
Chinese, Thai... American?
I usually make Thai. Contrary to the day old rice meme, fresh rice works better. But that's because jasmine rice.

Chinese i suppose. I didnt know there were different types

Day old rice. Soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, curry powder, MSG, finish with sesame oil after you turn the heat off so it doesn't burn.

My grandma makes peruvian fried rice and she uses that yellow rice. shits great I gotta visit her and get the recipe

not if the pan is hot enough

I follow this to the letter. It’s never failed me yet.

youtu.be/8-rj3gVOAnM

Why did you do this

>it owns a wok
>but does not own a table spoon

how

garlic, ginger, soy, oyster sauce
That's pretty much the profile for Chinese(American).

youtube.com/watch?v=XaWb3KuEURg

Like this
youtube.com/watch?v=8-rj3gVOAnM

I do a very basic fried rice with just rice, carrots, onion and garlic. I mix the (day old) rice with a couple of eggs but I don't know if that helps.

I also use a non stick pan becuase that's all I have and I don't even use high heat, but it turns out pretty ok.

British people ripped apart China and controlled Hong Kong for a century just to do this

Nah mate, we did that because we caught the yellow fever. The fried rice was just a Brucie bonus.

Fry up 3-4 eggs, cut it all up into small pieces, set aside.
Have veggies, heat up set aside (using frozen medley to avoid work)

Rest has been said. Only other tip would be high heat stir a lot. Flavor wise you can do anything, soy + oyster sauce is good.

Yes.
In the restaurants, they use high power burners, and high heat really is key to fried rice.
To compensate for that,
-try to have your rice pretty dry (make it in advance, that's why many people use day old rice). Long grain (basmati, jasmine...) rices dry better.
-make small batches. Really on a home stove, one portion can turn out great, two is probably good but three will probably not work.
-use dry-ish veggies. You want lots of onion? Consider using powder, or substitute for leek.
-when adding wet sauces (i.e. soy sauce), don't use too much at once
-Eggs? Fry them first, reserve them and add at the end. It's the proper way.

People will get autistic over ingredients, but it's a technique not a recipe.

Rice wine vinnegar

or use fresh rice and first fry it gently until it colours a little and then boil it on low heat with the lid on and leave to rest before serving with tomato

Kay-posting should be a bannable offense. She will never replace Ja/ck/!

Day old rice is and haas been a meme for a long time. Let it sit uncovered for a while based on region/humidity. You dont need to wait a whole day, especially if you have a strainer and rinse it.

Fried rice to me has always been an easy and fast way to reheat old rice and create another meal out of it.

If i'm making fresh rice i'm not going to waste my time to make fried rice out of it also.

Pan...nice and hot

fish sauce and sweet soy sauce (kecap manis). Miles better than reggie soy sauce

buddy you really going to put giant fucking green beans in there?

Green beans like that are pretty standard for indonesian and thai

>Chinese i suppose. I didnt know there were different types
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_rice#Varieties
Might give you some ideas. I'm particularly fond of Thai fried rice and Indonesian fried rice (nasi goreng)

That's not risotto.

use left over rice

I thought your image was this image before I clicked on it. The dish in my image looks more appealing to eat than whatever's on your plate.

if you refrigerate the rice you're gonna use it'll separate better in your pan

Who the fuck eats Glockaroni with a spoon?

You take cooked rice and then you fry it.

how long to I leave the rice on the pan?

My secret is apple wine vinegar

Do everything in small batches over the highest heat setting on your stove so it actually sears instead of steams. Just don't let the oil smoke too much.
Make sure you have enough onion, I always find fried rice to be pretty bland no matter what else is in it if there isn't enough onion. You can use soy sauce for flavor but you'll still probably have to use some salt, if you use enough soy sauce to make it salty the flavor will be too strong. You can add some kind of flavorful cured meat like lap chong if you can find it. And vinegar like suggests.

Hmnh, I think I mistranslated it, I suppose it's apple cider vinegar*

Until it's slightly dry and crispy. Most Chinese places just put the rice in a wok to season and heat it up so you might not know what that texture is like if it's what you're used to. Just put it in the pan over high heat with a bit of oil and keep stirring and tossing it, then taste it every 30 seconds until it gets to a texture that you like.

i think you're being a little bit facetious.
i've never had a thai fried rice with grean beans.
fried rice is another strong recipe i have.
i wish i've had indonesian fried rice.

I think you fucked up the eggs there, dude.

i think how the eggs are cooked in fried rice is one of the most subjective and varied things you could mention.
The only way to fuck them up is if they're still runny and gooey, or if they are burnt to a crisp.

Im on a huge budget and got 25 pounds of green beans frozen for free. You do what you can.

it makes so much more sense in this rice dish.

I use a mixture of gochujang, honey, and soy sauce for my stir-fry occasionally

PINEAPPLE

I use soy sauce and oyster sauce. Oyster sauce really gives it that nice flavor.

not her again.
>has dessert spoons, but no actual tablespoons
>watching her chop that garlic
>that commentary

MSG

Don't

I'm Puerto Rican and I love frying leftover yellow rice. With ham and egg.

This chick has some good vids on different fried rice dishes:
youtube.com/watch?v=LaYA3M4mYkg
youtube.com/watch?v=yVr383Ip-fc
youtube.com/watch?v=vUUaTO4oDh8
youtube.com/watch?v=clZTw2AC6yU
youtube.com/watch?v=cWSqHFAQtzU
youtube.com/watch?v=P7XOVPrxEaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MbRHr5dvGp8

woah dude that dog is wearing a suit haha that's fucking dope man. oh my word he's wearing glasses too. where did you get that? can i save it and use it later? imagine that, a dog in a suit and glasses lmao

>just let it sit in the danger zone for a while bro you'll be fine

>t. bugchaser with 0 count white blood cells

My momma always made spanish rice growin up. Super taste and healthy if you use the right ingredients

I use this.

this is kind of sad considering how easy it is to impart flavor to fried rice.
I've made amazing fried rice with only a few easy things.
>good soy sauce
>chili oil
>crushed garlic
>even using Furrikake works
So needing to add flavor mixes is really a sign of poor cooking. It's not hard to make delicious fried rice, and the effort involved is so minimal you shouldn't even need to rely on that.