What's your favorite grocery store

What's your favorite grocery store

Me:Winco

Fuck yeah Winco number one

>Costco for Single People
Jokes aside WinCo is pretty fucking great, though.

Whole Foods unironically after I started working there.
But Jewels still has the best fried chicken.

winco is pretty legit. Sadly I don't have one where I live so I have to rely on the second best, Freddies

WAL-MART

>Freddies.
Oh boy, nothing like shopping in a store full of pissed off employees.

>Winco bans mouth fedoras at the door.
Gotta love it.

I don't like walmart, its too grey and non union.

Used to work at WinCo back in Highschool. I still loiter there occasionally late at night. Can confirm best grocery store.

Sorry mate, I'm not pissed off at the customer, only my manager

Based Winco bro. I got my picture in the managers office of my local one with a red circle around it. The guy in the deli told me there was another guy who looked like me shoplifting at the same time I would shop, so we had our pictures posted as people of interest. This was before they installed the new cameras, place is like a bank now, but they had older low quality cameras back then.

Anyway, the funny thing is they caught the guy and tore his picture down but left mine up for some reason.

So once in a while when they hire new employees, I get them giving me funny looks. I shop there daily and the girl who watches over the self checkout always hovers over me lmao

You should fuck with her and hum the Mission Impossible theme as you make your purchase.

Delhaize/Lion Food desu

hy-vee is the bomb

This is now a Wegmans thread.

I currently go to a Smiths and there is a WinCo just up the road to me. Every time I’ve gone I haven’t really enjoyed it much. I do like the bulk foods and stuff though. Should I give it another shot? Do you only go to WCF for certain things?

Winco is the best. My new local store never cleans their spice scoops though, so I have to bring my own from home if I need something from there.

The GOAT in the Southeast. Winn Dixie is a close second for the vaporwave aesthetic.

wegmans is based. i live in las vegas now and if i could shop at a wegmans no matter where it was in this town, i would.

Publix

For me, it's Save-On-Foods
non western leafs will never know this feel

and what is so supposedly good about it?

For me, it's Central Market
>freshest fruits/vegetables I've found at any grocer
>great selection at butcher's counter
>meat is fresh, never has frozen chunks like other grocers
>bulk spices so you can buy what you need
>GOAT bakery and deli
>prices are pretty close to regular grocers

Creepy old man.

Fact: WinCo stands for Winning Company

Fun Fact: it also stands for Washington Idaho Nevada Oregan California, the five states WinCo originally operated in.

That's pretty neat actually

wouldn't you like to know you colossal faggot

Publix

t. floridian

Safeway

>Bought by fucking Albertsons.

Meijer is best around here for banging fresh produce and seafood.

Only thing that brings it down are all the shitskin refugees and walking trashbags... it's almost startling to hear English being spoken.

WinCo was pretty cool though when I was out West.

Any place with a good bulk foods section is pretty alright in my book.

>safeway
>the place where things are a dollar more for no reason

Shit taste

>And it's always fucking cold.

Otherway around safeway bought Albertsons and vons and pavlions

>tfw no HEB in Dallas

Central Market is litty tho

Winco is great. Love the deli at mine.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ugh. I'm single now, and I do love it for that exact reason.

>not having the extra money to buy expensive products
Kill yourself poorfag

in a region where most grocery stores have a built in meat shop in the back, schnuck’s consistently has the best meat in a midwest grocery chain
sort of moot when you can drive down the road to a full on meat shop and get even better albeit more expensive stuff though

>24 hours
>bulk food in bins
>walk-in fridge with beers

WinCo FTW

H-E-B and Central Market.
H-E-B for the weekly grocery run.
Central Market for whenever I'm visiting family in Austin.

>ctrl + f
>only one Publix

this place sucks

>They don't bag groceries

So what's the even point of a cashier? They just scan items. That's it. That's fucking it. It's faster if they just bag the shit. People take forever to bag shit because their job is not a god damn cashier.
Even fucking gas station bag your shit. God damn.

JUST

Jungle Jim's, god it really helps living in Cincinnati. Usually go to the Fairfield location.

I went to a Zehrs in Windsor and it looked exactly like this. Is that architecture style common?

i guess now that you mention it

It's a dollar more so you can join their club card cult and get a dollar off.

Amazing place

For me: Dorothy Lane Market

I really miss SW Ohio

who /maine/ here

A L D I

we have this in north east NY

>I don't like them touching my thiiiiiings!
People here are spazzes.

Ralphs is the closest to my house. Decent selection average pricing. It’s usually nice inside since it’s the only one in the middle of a huge suburban area near a Cal state college. It’s always busy so there’s high product turnover and a good amount of staffing so there’s like 3-4 lanes always open and it’s clean.

Is there anything really good that I'm missing out on buying at Winco? I shop there once every 3 weeks or so because I live alone and am trying to diet and eat relatively simple, healthy, repeatable meals. I do, however, buy 1 or 2 things there each time as cheat items. Only been around Winco for a few months now since moving out West, so I'd be curious if there is anything Winco specific that y'all lust after or can't leave the store without.

no, Winco is essentially just super cheap high quality food. Nothing really specific it carries you cant get anywhere else. Just good prices on quality food.

That's kind of what I've figured. I haven't really explored much of their stuff. I usually just stick to eggs, whatever meat is cheapest, cheap veggies, taters, and their cheese and bread. I've had their deli a couple times which was meh. Fried chicken and whatever side I got. I love Winco though. Actually feel like I get a ton of bang for my buck. My entire cart will be full and I'll walk outta there for $80-$100. Has saved me hundreds so far. Couldn't believe how cheap eggs are out here. 5 dozen for $3.88 or something last time I bought them. Ridiculous. I do buy those big ass bags of popcorn though. They're like $3 and last me a long ass time. Good to snack on while watching sports.

One thing Winco sells that I never found from safeway or freddies is pork jowl. Occasionally I'll buy a slab of that. Side note, they stopped carrying this cheap block of gouda and it makes me sad

I'm sorry you're sad :(

I sure as fuck wish they had that cheap gouda where I live. I buy pretty generic cheap cheese, but some gouda sounds amazing right now. I think I might check out their bulk section next.

hmart, welp

this thread needs more publix

hmart / mitsuwa / seafood city are all cool
though i can actually hear the staff simultaneously rolling their eyes when yet another white boy walks in

Market Street and United, because HEB can't be bothered to go past a certain point in West Texas.

Aldi is pretty fuckin hard to beat usually.

WinCo brand salt and vinegar kettle chips are godlike

Winco is pretty great outside of their produce, which is pretty subpar. Love going in at 2 am and being one of like three customers in the building while a fleet of people are doing restocking. Also great to not get hassled to join some club or membership every time I go to the register.

Appreciate the input, I'll make sure I buy those next time I'm there. I bought their Doritos Cool Ranch knockoff chips a few weeks ago and they were surprisingly pretty good. 1/2 the price of regular Doritos, so I call that a win in my book. I'm a cheap bastard and will sacrifice a bit of taste in my junk food to save a couple bucks.

The produce is very hit or miss where I am as well. I'm buying a ton of fresh veggies lately and while they usually hold up well, sometimes they'll look fine in the store and then a day or 2 later, they're inedible. I still haven't been in the store that late at night since I'm usually asleep, but that might be worth trying early one morning if I can't sleep or something. Also, it's nice that they're open 24/7 in case you're craving something on a drunken night and I can just walk over there and snag ingredients to cook something on a whim.

I have seen some of the best produce outside a farmers market come out of a winco store, I have also seen the saddest produce ever come out of their store. Really depends on what was stocked when and what is in season. To be fair I live in WA so we have a lot of agriculture here and close by, and stuff can get in from CA in less than 12 hours so my winco might not be typical. Speaking of which I need to do a winco run soon, going to cook up a shit ton of middle eastern food for some buddies and I this weekend.

There is only one right answer

Definitely one of the things I miss from the East Coast. There's no grocery stores in Seattle I can say are exceptionally good.

godtier

literally the only reason to live in swamp-ass mosquito hell