Dear craft brewers of America

Dear craft brewers of America

Do you guys mind not humiliating everybody in your industry by making beers named after a childish pseudo-intellectual soyboy numale cartoon that is known by the public for having autistic fans ambush McDonalds for corn syrup packets?

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FFZY3HlQNhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ok yeah well get right on that thanks for ur concern
t. craft brewer of america union prez

This shit is BEYOND embarrassing.

There is nothing more degrading to a brewery's image and aesthetic than seeing grown men with cargo shorts, sandals, and a Rick and Morty t-shirt sitting at the bar bobbing their head to Modest Mouse and MGMT.

>oh no, microbreweries are giving their products names that align with current trends or distinguish them from other local microbreweries

Oh god, it's the collapse of western civilization...

>you must reference an adult swim show in order to distinguish yourself from other local microbreweries

>the only current trend is the one associated with fedora-clad manchildren whose mommy showered them in IPA-bux this week so he can stroll on down to the bottleshop and fumigate it with BO and ass while he peruses the shelves for the memeiest label-art he can get his cheeto-dusted fingers on.

Dear brewers of America, would you mind not humiliating everybody in the industry by making the piss water you call bear. Kindly reform yourself into import companies and get real bear from Europe.

shitty bait

>popular show among college aged kids being used to label a product popular among college aged kids
How terrible... If were going to allow this we might as well just open our countries borders and let our wives get BLACKED.

No need for extremes. Howabout we all agree that memes have no place on beer labels, eh?

I like my memes like I like my beer labels - non-normietized

No, shit bear, I bet you think bear is meant to have sugar in it.

At least it isn't ponies?

I don't even know if that would be worse than a Redditbeer at this point.

We are quickly reaching the singularity of autism.

>los angeles
This doesn't happen on the east coast outside of faggot infested cities like new york. I own a craft beer business in Florida. Mostly good beers and good people.

>craft beer
>Florida

Do you think Floridians can't mix water, yeast, hops, and barley together?

I have serious doubts

That's fair.

Hey paranoid, it looks stupid and the people who love it enough to care have terrible taste in media and design, simple as that. You're the only one coming in ironically bringing up /pol/, race, and civilization. Cut the shit and understand that some people think this drink looks stupid enough to say so.

>soyboy
>numale
You know, it is possible to criticize things for looking stupid without tossing out buzzwords like a 16 year old edgelord.

Hey what's wrong with cargo shorts and sandals? I like being comfortable

8% is a lot
and it appears to be marketed to kids.
alcohol is a dangerous poison...
the government needs to crack down on these poisoners.

Unfortunately with the rise of craft beer and it picking up a huge audience, about half that audience is hipsters and manchildren who have no taste and drink it ironically. Hence all these colorful, gimmicky cans with shit craft beer in them. If a can is pasted in neon colors you know their overcompensating for having shit beer but it doesn't matter since there tons of fake enthusiasts who just buy memes.

That's rich coming from the one who shouts /pol/ and cuck memes when he heads slang he doesn't like. These beers are the stuff of effeminate millennials, there's no reason to argue against that.

So is this thread to discuss the beer label or the "effeminate millennials" that drink it? My senses tell me that OP wanted the discussion to sway towards the latter and we have enough of it. If you don't think this cancer came from /pol/ you need to go back there.

I ain't from /pol/, and you can damn well easily discuss the memification and branding of a gimmick entry in the craft brew market. You're so stuck up your own ass that you haven't noticed this thread is almost entirely people talking about the quality of the drink and their experience with beverages like this. You just saw some words you didn't like and flared up thinking you were surrounded by enemies because people are trying to have a thread about how embarrassing and strange it is that people are using smartass cartoons to sell 'artisan beers' to people who don't have a taste for craft beer in the first place. Now quit playing victim while literally being the problem, you're the one who feels the need to declare shit /pol/ any time someone brings up a poser.

Whyre you obsessed with some fags hobby?

I'm not playing victim, I'm making a statement about this board in general. This shit didn't start happening until the past year or 2. Now it seems like every thread needs to be about "those damn millennial soyboys!" and it's grown to become obnoxious. Maybe I over reacted in this case, but I'm sure you're not dumb and can read between the lines. It was obviously OPs intention to make this another one of those threads.

American craft brewers make the best beer in the world. Who gives a shit if they sometimes come up with stupid names?

Is it good though?

I understand what you're saying too, I just don't see where this thread is supposed to suddenly decay and transform into some noxious and unacceptable thing just because someone used politically incorrect language to say a beer is for manchildren who lack taste. I understand people talk like this on /pol/, but where exactly does the term 'soyboy' make this so awful? I also don't think OP came in trying to start some racial or cultural right, rather he meant what he said, that the beer is for childish millenial cartoon followers, and it's embarrassing to what craft beer is supposed to be. Only difference is he used politically incorrect slang to do it.
Not that I think there's anything wrong with the word soyboy. The people who actually think normal amounts of soy will increase estrogen are probably wrong, but I do think the word 'soy' is a great way to describe someone lacking in authentic meat.

A five year old who's spent half his life on Veeky Forums can spot a try hard /pol/tard from a mile away. Fuck off back to your containment board.

>this didn’t start happening until the past year or 2
Gee user it’s almost like the world can drastically change in 2 years, and people might begin talking about these changes. Fucking snob.
>maybe I over reacted
Absolutely autistic, my man

>if you disagree with me you are a Nazi
I’m not even that guy, but you’re retarded.

that's from los angeles, anything that's in la or san francisco isn't on us that place is like another damn planet

>buzzwords
>edgelord

You can't make this shit up sometimes

Dear OP,
Do you mind shutting the fuck up? If the name of a product bothers you, don't fucking buy it. Who cares. I see stupid wine names all the time, and if the product isn't good, I just pass it by. No need to sperg.

Everyone can spot overly offended disingenuous whiners too. The beer looks stupid and it's a cheap marketing trick that only appeals to people that like the cartoon more than they like craft beer. No need to go somewhere crazy with it man.

OP here, enthralling discussion so far.

I made this thread because Rick and Morty fans proved to the world just how toxic and detrimental a fanbase can be to it's host. If they can single-handedly make people associate a decent cartoon show with the dredges of society (bronies, R&M raiding McD's for sauce, the list goes on), then they can do exactly that with craft beer. They already have to an extent, but they're crossing a line putting internet memes on cans.

>Dear craft brewers of America
>Do you guys mind not humiliating everybody in your industry
Impossible, you might as well ask them to brew an unbrewed beer.

Their marketing ploy appears to have worked because they got you to whine about it on a MS worm farming discussion board where you're bringing it to the attention of people who would have never heard of it otherwise. Thanks for being the pawn the marketers who developed it wanted you to be!

Maybe this manly wine would be more to your taste.

Hopefully this brewery flops, but as far as ””””””craft beer”””””” being an embarrassment that horse left the barn LONG ago

I 100% agree. I genuinely enjoy craft IPA's but usually just buy union made piss beer because it's several dollars cheaper and I don't look like a tryhard clown in front of the cute cashiers

But then again it makes me a tryhard for not just buying what I enjoy

Cargo shorts and sandals aren't numale. They're either neckbeard or based depending on how attractive you are. Numale is trendily fashionable because you're a sheep.

>craft beer
>beer in general

>bringing up /pol/

Like clockwork you fucking reactionary idiot.

>how could someone make fun of Rick & Morty and IPAs it MUST be /pol/ because they're responsible for everything that I don't like

If you want to bring /pol/ into shit that it doesn't belong then just go over there

They make that shit because people buy it. You can't blame the businesses for meeting demand.

What happened with that McMeme sauce, by the way? Didn't they say they'd have it again in December? I was hoping for a second round of autistic manchildren crying about a dipping sauce for chicken tenders.

Yeah it's called marketing, it's a fucking buisness.

>all publicity is good publicity meme
Cute, but you're nobody is going to buy one based on this thread (unless they fall for tryhard us vs them 'I'll buy it to spite the haters' weak-kneed bullshit), and you're only parroting that quote to try and stick it to people for using politically incorrect language in a way that triggers your schizophrenic internet turf war brain.

This.

how about you just don't drink it then. let the market decide

>t-the free market will fix it!
>i-its not like this free market is filled with braindead amerimutts who need every product to be 20% sugar and covered with memes
the absolute state of ck

How about sometimes people will say when they don't like things, and you can't expect total radio silence on all non-positive talk just by assuming the only thing people care about is a line graph?

You want a planned economy?

>i-if i dont get my daily intake of 1kg of sugar ill die!
>wtf no bongs are going to tell ME what brews i can consume!
>arm yourselves against the oppressors!
>freedumbs isnt free

Hey wiseguy, you're the one telling people not to speak in things they don't like because they should rely on the market to destroy the product. Nobody's proposing market reform, we're just saying this meme beer is pathetic shit.

Breaking Bud is a decent ipa with a media tie in with a popular television series.

Op is racist.

do americans really drink this?

Subtle marketing thread is subtle

Breaking Bud is a good beer, but I remember the artwork making me retch in disgust the first time I saw it. They made it a year-round beer so I see the bottle everywhere now and I guess I'm desensitized to it.

Referencing TV shows on your beer is low hanging fruit and a form of plagiarism.

>uses same hand he grabbed money with to pick up food
>people eat it anyways

Americans truly are subhuman trash.

But it tastes like the production! The flavor of hops and cinematography...

When you bring it to the attention of people who would never have heard about it otherwise and a handful of them do the same, ad infinitum, it becomes a marketing success, you blithering lunatic.

Money is indeed filthy but when did you last hear of someone actually getting sick from doing something like the guy in that webm?

Nobody cares about manipulating the market, it's just shitting on a beer, man. I'm not afraid enough of the market to avoid saying when I have a problem with something.

nothing wrong with modest mouse, everything wrong with Rick and morty

Or sounding like a douche in doing so. Great opinions bro. This thread doesn't even read like another sour grapes blog by an [insert country WAY less important than America] asshole.

I like all these things but sandals and novelty shirts.

I don't advertise.
Sandals aren't practical.
And I usually only drink rum.
Leftists are mentally ill children.

At this point I'm way more concerned with arguing against people who feel the need to make a big political protest because someone posted they don't like a cheap cartoon beer tie-in.

No, I wouldn't associate with anyone who did

T. American

I find this whole situation fucking disgusting, that being said I think I'm in the minority for people in my age group.

T.American

The fact you concern yourself with how people feel about meme beer is sad as fuck, euro bro. Maybe just get on with your life and stop looking for things about America that make you mad (lol like you can do that).

thank you for your honesty user, as far as amerimutts go you are a nice breed like a border collie or similar, compared to the normal bulldog cross pug

>honesty

>this back and forth
>'bro relax its just a beer'
>'bro relax im just shitting on a beer'
>'lmao i cant believe youre triggered by people expressing themselves'
>'lmao i cant believe you feel the need to reply about how triggered people are for expressing themselves'
Just fuck already and get it over with.

I'm American and I'm trying to shit on people who thinks it's bad to shit in a bad beer. I don't mind if you like the beer or the cartoon, though it's not like I think you're cool or anything for doing so, but the people who are acting like it's an evil political statement to dislike a dumb cartoon beer tie-in act like they need to be slapped when they get triggered and start pretending it's forbidden to dislike a product. Certain people in this thread think they're protesting conservative bullying, but they're really just cartoon-based craft beers are not a meaningful political talking point.

youtube.com/watch?v=FFZY3HlQNhg

Do YOU even know what you're saying in this post?

That's not half as bad as what I routinely see at cash registers where they put the bills in their mouth while digging in their pockets for change. Amerilards are trully filthy barbarians.

t. Amerimutt

Not that user but; you couldn't miss the joke any harder.

I like my boyfriends to have a job and actually leave the house so I can't fuck that user. Plus I am American so I don't think I'm his type.

>ramble about nothing
>get called out
>"Oh you must have missed my super joke!"
This thread gets worse and worse.

Yeah, that it's a dumb cartoon tie-in beer and it's okay to say so, and the people who come out complaining about /pol/ and saying you shouldn't dislike something so long as it can survive the market are disingenuous, and are talking about something very seperate that the mere existence of this dumb beer, often while claiming to want to avoid those conversations.

>the "war on bacteria" meme

Eating with your money-hands improves your immune system. Keeps it on it's toes.

Alright, this actually makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying. I agree to an extent, but nothing about the OP or the trolls that followed is even close to "saying so". Dude wants to fight with people because he hates America, he's not trying to make some grand statement.

That wasn't me is my point.
Sorry about my grammar in the previous post, I hadn't reread it. I'm just saying that there's no reason to act like people shouldn't be mocking a dumb beer, and if you think it's /pol/ to do so then you've missed your mark.

Again, not that user. I'm >ramble about nothing
>get called out
Do you see the irony of the post now? it's what you've been doing.

Yo. East coast? I'm 8inches fit and a butcher. If you know what I mean.

Rick and Morty beer is not a symbol of America, it's something LA hipster socialites do when they hear craft beer is popular, but they don't actually know anything about beer, so they buy a can based on the recognizable cartoon on the can.

I got you senpai, and replied to your post here

What do you have against modest mouse?

Of course they aren't, but please re-read the OP. He's conflating the two. Saying ALL America needs to be ashamed for this one hipster beer. He wants to fight America, not that small cadre of faggots.

That is not me, for the third time. I had assumed the post here was genuinely making fun of you.

huh, then I guess we're both wrong.

I like to think in context his babbling stupidity was directly equal to your own.

>I like to think
We know you do, user. We all know you do.

It was a grammatical error and a lack of proofreading. My point is awesome and basically everyone agrees with it.

Which point was that, that craft hipster beer is good or bad?

Who cares. The shit will start to tank in a couple of months once the novelty wears off, and the line will be changed to the next trendy thing.