Ask a bubble tea barista/corporate slave anything

I've got some time before work today, maybe you do too. Let's get ready together; And ask me (almost) anything about bubble tea!

Other urls found in this thread:

myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/tapioca-pearls-boba-353247393
livestrong.com/article/327076-what-is-the-nutritional-value-of-boba/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's your favorite bubble tea

Ah and how much sugar is in the milk you put into bubble teas or is it regular milk
Also how old are you and do you want to be my girlfriend

How's that degree in womens studies working out for you?

Do you pretend the boba are giant caviar?

Are the men who get bubble tea all feminist cucks?

Passion fruit green tea with boba, no sugar.

Honestly I have no idea, we use a non dairy powder for most things so probably a fair bit? Plus it depends on how much sugar you want in your drink. For that reason alone I usually go for no sugar in anything I get.

Hahahaha goddammit. Don't remind me they exist. I'm stuck with some rainbow haired crybullies in a few of my classes. I may be getting an even more useless degree as a future humanities/history teacher, though.

Yes, we've done this. It's awesome.

They're either Asian, nerds or confused middle aged white men. So, yes, maybe.

How many calories does a serving of bubble tea have

It really depends on what you get. Regular oolong with herbal jelly or boba will only run you about 5 calories, slightly more if you add sugar. The milk teas are around 120-600 calories depending on size, flavor and what amount of sugar you get in it. Also, add in about 5-100 calories for whatever topping you get. Some are healthier, others aren't.

It's for that reason I tend to stick to water and plain tea at work.

Hey
Thanks mate

You have iced green tea right? What type of tea is it, brand? Tea leaf type? what the hell is it I want to buy some :^)

Yes.

What the fuck is bubble tea? I'm a flyover. Are those spheres blueberries?

Store secret, sorry. I can tell you that it's a premium Chinese Jasmine green tea, though. The tea itself might be the most expensive ingredient desu.

Also I meant to say that I'm probably too old for you and also batshit crazy. Don't date baristas. Surprisingly, a lot of people flirt with me right there at the counter though...I suppose I should find it flattering, but it actually makes me very nervous and shy. I wish they wouldn't do that, it feels a little bit like being in middle school again with everyone having a laugh at me.

You're American aren't you?

Haha that's okay. They're little pearls made out of tapioca. They have the texture of a gummy bear and taste mildly sweet, and are kept warm in a hot water/honey combo usually.

A secret ? As in you don't even know yourself? Or you wont tell a random person on the internet as if it would somehow impact you :^)

How could you tell? My raging autism about harmless social interaction? My job selling sugary drinks? The bald eagles I hoard?

A secret as in not even the DM knows. Don't ask me why. For all I know, it comes from Costco.

I went to my local boba shop and I noticed they used some syrups labled "tea zone" and that "tea zone" sells green jasmine tea from Taiwan but it seemed really cheap I ordered some and I will see :^)

I don't know, there's something about the way Americans communicate that makes them easily recognisable. Maybe the fact that you so easily share personal feelings and insecurities, something people of other nationalities would feel uncomfortable talking about.

Oh, that's definitely true. Americans are anything but reserved. It's definitely been interesting working around mostly Asians, with that in mind.
Where are you from, user?

Honestly you're probably on the money with that. Post a tea thread when you get it and review it for us cu/ck/s, that would be fun.

A post-commie shithole in eastern Europe. People definitely have a completely different mentality here.

What's the age range of your customers? Mostly younger people I presume?

Surprisingly it's a 40/60 old-to-young ratio, but the older crowd is usually asian so that might be why. Or they're parents/grandparents/etc buying their family drinks. We also work in a yuppie-ish area so there's the 30 and 40 somethings that come in with huge orders for their whole office...usually without prior notice.

Eastcoastfag here. What does bubble tea taste like? I'm only asking because I never seen anyone outside the west coast drink these.

Me and my friend get bubble tea when we get Pho and we aren't soyboys or feminists. He straight up doesn't like women, but me, I just find this new wave of feminism completely batshit craycray.

Where does your place get their tapioca balls from? I want to try making bubble tea at home.

You just did the same thing, moron

Are powders or whatever you use for flavours pre sweetened?

Are there any notable differences between boba shops (Quickly, iTea, T4, Sharetea, etc)? I can't tell how they all manage to occupy the same area at once.

One time I called it "bubble tea" and my Chinese friend from California roasted me. "What the hell is bubble tea? You mean BOBA, right?" Does everyone around you only call it bubble tea? Also have you seen/heard many funny reactions to the tapioca balls? I explained the concept of bubble tea to a co-worker once and he looked disgusted and told me he doesn't want to chew his tea.

Please come back soon, bubble tea user.

I live in a Metro region of over 2 million people and I've never seen, nor until today, heard of this shit "bubble tea".

This some sort of Left fag coast hipster drink?

What's it like?

I used to work at Boba time

>all those rude ass filipina moms
>those filipinos that come every single fucking day
>those stoners that come every day

Only good part of the job was hooking up with mall sluts. otherwise its a FUCKTON of labor and long hours and minimal pay with no tips. fuck that

How do you sweeten the actual boba? I just add simple syrup/maple syrup but that results in the first few sips being sickeningly sweet because I'm sucking up the excess syrup. Then the following sips are not sweet enough. I'm using just a little bit of syrup too. Are you supposed to soak the boba in the syrup beforehand?

>the office orders

Oh fuck im getting ptsd. My boss had me come in at 6am once just to get a head start making all these drinks (protip they all melt/go bad after all those hours by the time they actually get delivered)

I'm the BobaTime user so I will answer questions since the femanon is gone

Its usually milk + tea (usually powdered stuff, but you can get legit black tea + half n half) or thai tea w half and half. or basically any pleb smoothie/ice tea and throw boba in it. its good

I assume asian markets

yes they have a ton of chemicals in it. stick to pure teas. like our pistachio fraps were just pistachio poweder + ice cream and milk blended. same with taro. that shits probably toxic

they all have their own quirks and gimmicks. some use wide cups, some use literal light bulbs as the cups (not joking). some places have chia seeds instead of tapioca

In Socal everyone calls it boba

Its a drink with chewy sweet gummy balls at the bottom.

black sugar syrup usually. we cook them separately then throw them together in a big tub

Vancouver?

Hey guys sorry I died, we had a pretty hellish day at work.

I'll read through the thread now. Looks like you guys were active!

lol we like to have fun around here!

They don't call us cu/ck/s for nothing, we party hard. Or something. I dunno it's nearly 2 am and I've been doing my nice white lady act all day so I'm not feeling very creative.

Is the BobaTime person still here? I want to compare chains with them.

What's the best brand for taro milk tea? How do you make the slushes/smoothies?

Hm, I'd say Chaitime or Kung Fu Tea. And the place I work at uses ice + jam/syrup/etc flavoring + water/coffee/milk/etc liquid (more if there's dairy powder in it.)

>Maybe the fact that you so easily share personal feelings and insecurities, something people of other nationalities would feel uncomfortable talking about.
No thats just women

Meme drink enjoyed by Marxist urbanites. Don't bother.

I love you user, have sweet dreams and a happy valentines day when you wake up!

>tfw had god-tier bubble tea once and all the rest just don't compare

Who tops who?

Don't even know if they still sell this stuff in my city. Only seen a few pop up and the customers were all Filipinos. That was enough to make me never try it

>kft
east coast user huh

Wait, I've had bubble tea before but the bobas weren't chewy, they spat open in your mouth had some sort of sweet liquid inside. Is this a different drink?

is it true that tapioca balls cause cancer

Youre thinking of pearls or some shit

Popping bubbles, probably. They're like those little bursting candies you'd make as a kid in those shitty food science kits they sell at toys r us, but better.

Lies. Regular boba/tapioca balls can be upwards of 130 calories per 1/4 cup serving. Some places like Kung Fu Tea (my least favorite of them all) hydrate their boba in water that's so sweet, it might as well be a syrup, resulting in even more calories. Fucking disgusting.

myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/tapioca-pearls-boba-353247393

livestrong.com/article/327076-what-is-the-nutritional-value-of-boba/

>Passion fruit green tea with boba, no sugar.
Good fucking taste