Absolutely based

Absolutely based.

*obfuscates your route*

I"ve started to prefer whole grain pasta to the regular shit, the added texture is wonderful

I'd rather just eat a potato, to be honest.

>whole grains
Yeah I just love when my pasta feels like it's been dragged through wet sand before being served

>Steamrolls the competition
Only retards buy premade pasta
>Inb4 it's hard
It takes 40 minutes to prepare the dough, most of it is waiting, and it's like a dollar cheaper to make (which adds up)

that looks pretty good

I mean, 40 minutes I'd rather be doing other shit. I'm sitting here making my pizza dough for tomorrow and that is more than most people are willing to do. I make my own sauce and grow my own basil as well, but that is all just waiting and again still more than most people are willing to do for a meal.

Looks good though, send moneyshots of it prepared.

Whole grain pasta fucking blows. I cant eat it. Its literally abominable.

Also Ill say that homemaking pasta is fine for a hobby/fun whatever. From a time taste perspective, lol? Are you fucking dense? Dehydrated storebought 2k calorie boxes for a dollar? Infinitely better than making homemade economically. Again your taste and fun is relevant. But it takes so long to make fresh (worse because you cant dehydrate easily) versus buying 10k calories of it in boxes for five dollars LOL

>worse because you cant dehydrate easily
what? if you have a coathanger you can dehydrate
plus it's better to just freeze it

do you grow wheat and grind your own flour, dipshit? s

WE LITTLE RED HEN NAO

Whole grain pasta is terrible, but I do like Barilla's standard line. It's not the greatest, but it's reliable.

fresh pasta and dried pasta aren't really comparable

Found a bunch of maggots and dead larvae in my barilla on two separate occasions. At least the customer service was understanding and gave me a free coupon.

Stepdad was Italian. He made sauce all the time. Pasta is my comfort food. Eat it once a week on average if not more. Found pic related, buy it in bulk now.

these are not sold in italy, makes you really think

yes they are

not really

all that wasted flour
pleb

$1/40 mins adds up?
That's like getting paid $1.50/hr. It's better to just buy

yes

>Brown sliced mushrooms in a pan with some butter
>add sliced shallots and minced garlic, sautee for a couple minutes
>add dry white wine
>while wine cooks down, emulsify lemon juice, olive oil, and grated parmesan (1:2:2 ratio)
>combine mixtures and reduce heat. Add quarter cup of pasta water
>toss pasta, 1/2 cup chopped parsley, crushed toasted walnuts and black pepper with mixture

This is my go to angel hair recipe

How do i save a dollar when the pasta is 99c? Is the dough and flour free? Its DRIED pasta literally buy 10 boxes when it goes on sale.

Let user have his smug superiority pls, it's all he has left.

Can I find this in any typical US grocery?

no and why the fuck would you buy it anyway
your sauce is very likely to contain more than enough tomato as is and you can just grate a fucking carrot in to add some sweetness if you desire

because i want to eat it with basil pesto you mong

You're dunning krugering again.

every time you buy a box of pasta they take an extra dollar from behind your back, it's what the pasta makers don't want you to know

If you made twice as much for a dollar, or half as much for 25c, you would be saving a dollar. Didn't you learn ratios in school?

italian cuisine chef said there is no large difference between dried or fresh pasta

spaghetti and lasagna are the best noodles, prove me wrong.

HUGE difference in texture, flavor, chew, and mouthfeel.

price I don't know or care

>1.33 an hour
holy shit m8 I know I should not discriminate poor people but my time is worth way more than that, I get paid to shitpost in case you wonder

it tastes much better, also this is a cooking board, if the 10 min to make the dough and the 5 min to cut it are too much work for you, theres jack threads that need some shitposting

>how you want your noodles senpai?
>as fast as fucking possible