Grills

Let's talk grills, I'm picking up a Holland companion tomorrow. What's your favorite regional brands? I'd rather have a Wilmington grill but I dislike their travel model.

o:|

I need a grill

Been using Weber for thirty years and see no reason to stop. My father in law loves Holland. I'm not a fan of their slow cooking. I only ever use the grill for quick, high-heat cooking. Still, they're quality and will last a long time.

Weber's are great for most folks but here on the Outer Banks the salt air will eat anything that's not high chrome stainless in a couple years. Growing up I watched my dad buy a new grill every three years like clockwork. Not me. I'm breaking the cycle

I have a collection of Griswolds for searing, I picked the Holland for large game roasts and striped mullet

that is a thing of beauty.i recently bought the weber one touch premium (got it for 226,00 € instead of over 300,00 €) i still have to break it in but the weather is shit (rain mostly)

>my grill left me

Yeah same here in North Carolina. I've been grill shopping the off season in hopes for a good deal and scored this beauty for $320

I want one the birds can't nest in.

Well I picked it up and I've prepared it per manufacturer. I just put a couple bone-in chicken breasts and an andouille sausage on there and when that's done these are going on. When you buy yourself a grill on Valentine's day you gotta cook the old lady dinner.

For me it is the Marsh Allan Hibachi 17” x 10” grill. I remember long days at the beach from noon until sunset eating hotdogs and cheeseburgers with the family growing up.

oh my god, absolutely this. wow.

Weber kettle master touch 22" with slow n' sear.
and a weber q mid size gas for burgers.
I also have a couple of bullet water smokers that i've acquired for free. they pretty much covers all I need.

Portable Kitchen (pkgrills.com) make their grills from cast aluminum. I have one from the mid 1960s that I still use all of the time. They are basically indestructible and cook really well.

Here are the breasts

Thoes look pretty nice. Is yours gas or charcoal? Pic is a deer I processed this year.

Charcoal. I do not believe they ever made a gas grill. There is nothing fancy to them, but 1/4" thick cast aluminum is not going to get hurt like the sheet-metal stuff most people buy.

can't talk about grills without mentioning the breasts

I use a Weber Kettle grill for everything. I've owned various other grills in the past, and nothing gets better results.

Eh they rust away so quickly here. My in-laws gave us a brand new one in June and it's already showing rust at the fasteners. We live at sea level on a saltwater creek. It's rough on our cars and trucks too. Pic- venison brats I made last season.

Don't get me wrong, they're the yard stick for charcoal. But gas and all stainless construction are what I've been lusting after and this Holland is a fuckin Cadillac.

Yeah. I don't have to worry about salt up here by the great lakes. I'm sure I would change my mind fast if I did. But there's just something about smoking on a kettle that I just love. Probably the attention to detail it takes to get the best results. Makes me feel vastly superior to my buddy that paid 70 for a propane smoker that produces inferior results.

Those brats look great.

damnit. Paid 700 70 would make me the fool.

Thanks man! They didn't last long. Growing up here in eastern NC we love cooking over wood and charcoal we just usually do it in really big pig cookers, or ground pits. Whole hog BBQ is an art form and damn if it isn't fun. Pic- Venison Italian sausage

Nice. We basically have one whole hog setup that gets carted around to every wedding and graduation party in the community. Up around here, very few people have a passion for BBQ, and those of us that do end up becoming fast friends who take turn throwing all of the parties.

I use a traeger. Ive had mine about 7-8 years and I love it and use it all the time. I had to replace some wiring in it ( for the hopper box) but that was cheap and easy. Whenever this one craps out I'll get another.