Where do you cu/ck/s learn to cook?

Where do you cu/ck/s learn to cook?
I don't see a sticky.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/jakatak69
youtube.com/user/foodwishes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you didn't start cooking when you were 15 at least you're fucked

Pick up a copy of on cooking. Once you've learned what it has to offer, just go where you like from there.

No. Cooking can be picked up at any age.

>See thing
>Make hungry
>Look ingredient for thing
>Onga bonga, swipe card please
>Do the letter maths, ingredient make
>Nom
If not good nom, repeat until nom is good nom.

Wrong. It can be "picked up" sure, but you will always be inferior. It's like drawing, sport or any skill really. You will be making mistakes people made when they were teenagers at age 25

Repetition bitch

I would love to throat fuck then hate rape that woman, if you know what I mean.

this is a blue board dude.
get your fucking shit together

Download the entirety of Good Eats

youtube.com/user/jakatak69

Bullshit. There is a "right way" to cook and it's easily attainable. Just follow a recipe carefully. Mastery of 2D art is quite literally an endless struggle. You will never create a "perfect" painting, if such a thing were to even exist.

Bottomline, there is a difference between know-how and a skill. Know-how is finite. Cooking is know-how. Sports, drawing: skill. Boundless.

>being a basic bitch and owning an iPhone
Ask me how I know you're a dumb faggot

Fair point but I think cooking is definitely a skill, even the top chefs in the world learn new things all the time and will never know every technique, method or recipe. Cooking, just like drawing, has a very clear set of fundamentals. If you develop bad base knowledge, or don't at all, it's very hard to remedy it in the future. It can be done of course, but requires a much more focused approach to the task. Someone who has been doing it since they were young won't need to even think to get a better result.

I'd disagree that theres a right way. There are many different ways to make good food and they all branch out from solid fundamentals. Art is of course a lot harder and theres a much higher skill ceiling you're right, but cooking has its own struggles.

>I don't see a sticky

And you never will. Cooking isn't something you can learn through some easy Veeky Forums tier sticky or some leddit infographic/tasty webum. It takes actual practice and knowledge, and even if you do learn to cook I'm still going to get drunk and call your shit shit, because your shit is still going to be shit.

>It's like drawing, sport, or any skill
It's nothing like that. It's far more simple. Anyone who can learn a few techniques and follow instructions can cook.

>2018
>thinking Veeky Forums knows how to cook

By watching this nigga right here.

is this the guy who cooked bacon on an M16 gun?

it's just an average looking person dude
there's guys i'd rather fuck than that

Those are really nice tits. Any more of her? I can't find any.

I recommend picking up a good tutorial type cookbook, such as Julia Child or Joy of Cooking. If you can find one at a used bookstore, Steven Raichlen's "Taste of the White Mountains Cooking School Cookbook" was my intro to real cooking. It's long out of print.

By watching Chef John
youtube.com/user/foodwishes

>where
In the kitchen.

Youtube, look up a recipe, buy the stuff, fuck it up a few times, eventually git gud

Cook yes, cook well, no. You can draw a simple plant or copy a picture and impress normies in the same way you can cook simple things and follow recipes. If you want to be a well rounded home cook who can improvise and knows their way around the kitchen as well as a solid understanding of all the fundamentals it's another ballpark

Was about to suggest Jack

saved me the trouble
jacking your food for optimal juice

I didn't know cookaboos were a thing...

Make an offering of cayenne to the food gods and Chef John will come to you in your sleep to deliver your new cooking skills.

Your year will be filled with tasty meals and lots of compliments, but only if you reply to this post with "Hi this is chef John from FOoDwishES dot cOM!" If you do not your mother will die in her sleep tonight and chef John will upload a recipe named after her tomorrow.

If you had decent parents they'd impart basic life skills to you while raising you, how far you want to take it is up to you.

Julia Child didn't start cooking until her early 30's.

>Not knowing how to reverse image search
Known Aliases: brinababy16, Coed Sabrina
Google either.

now thats a fucking woman
would sniff her feets desu

Considering people get older as time passes and not younger, that should be no barrier to anyone here.

Not when you're quite young though, according to the post you replied to.

I'm writing a sticky on the fundamentals of cooking. Still bloody difficult. And that's the main issue - many can follow recipes, few can come up with something new.

This thread was way more successful that I had thought it would be. Thank you everyone for your input and links. You're the best

>upvoted

Dumbass.

>there's guys i'd rather fuck

Hi this is chef John from FOoDwishES dot cOM!
And as alwAYs, EnJOy!

>but you will always be inferior.
to whomstvde?
>that one retard who doesn't want to do thing if he won't be the best in said thing

Stop posting this. This board is full of women and homosexuals. Don't like it? Fuck off. You won't change the culture with a spammed image macro.

When I was small, child I was homeschooled. My father, my mother, they would take time each morning to to prepare a cheese sandwich, or a peanut butter and jelly. In time, I ask papa, "Papa, can I have something else to eat?", and my papa, he told me "Ivan, you are home all day. You do not need anyone to make you anything, you can make it for yourself. Behold my kitchen. It is yours to do with as you please, Just don't touch the steak.".

I started small, I tried to cook eggs. I followed in observation of my father. My eggs were lousy, wasted many eggs. Mother was mad, but she and father encouraged me to continue practice. Soon I make great eggs. Then I move on to rice. Then I learn to use the flour of father's mill.

You do not need to go somewhere to learn to cook. It is merely constant vigilance and practice in one's art.

Now I am successful chef in my village. I make all the woman swoon for me.

>there's guys i'd rather fuck than that
Do you have something you want to tell us?

I wanted to hate this post, but it was charming.

Start small and work from there

>needing a recipe for salsa

Consider just how stupid the average human is, and how there's over 3.5 billion people dumber than him.

I too enjoy George Carlin

Don't be a shit, user

>what is a median

An uncooperative comic.

I bought a few pounds of cream cheese, fired up facebook recipe videos, and started from there

>sexy american teens
yummy

Much appreciated! Every link I tried earlier was dead.

>basics
Non-nignog parents
>more advanced stuff
Working innakitchen

Reading vegan food blogs

>This board is full of women
30 year old unemployed men pretending to be chinese cartoon schoolgirls doesn't count

This is a really weird video. What kind of person owns a meat grinder but can't work out how to make a cheeseburger?

Culinary school + years of apprenticeship

I learnt from the best masters in japan.

10/10 solid gf material right here, I'd dick her down anytime of day

breh, she's like 30 now.

Honestly, it would help a lot of people if we simply had a collection of the very basic techniques because, let's face it, the sticky would mainly be for home cooks who would improve from fairly simple tips.

I think a good sticky could be worth a lot simply as a collection of different techniques to learn.

Who's the girl?

It's really not. I know every poster on this board thinks they're some top chef, making masterpieces, but it's bullshit and you know it.

The reality is that you can pick up some basic techniques, learn what ingredients do what to the flavor of a dish, and make something passable at almost any skill level. It might not be something you want to present to a panel of celebrity judges, but it will be edible.

And let's face it. Someone who came here looking for a sticky isn't looking for anything more than a way to make something edible that is cheaper than prepackaged food or takeout.

We can provide that in a sticky. The other side of the argument is that they could easily check out any of 100's of how to cook tutorials by searching for "intro to cooking"

Hi this is chef John from FOoDwishES dot cOM!

milkies

>secret sauce
>literally just every condiment people put on burgers + lemon juice

YouTube is also a great resource as well. If you're really geeky and want to learn the in and outs of cooking, get some cookbooks that go into the details of cooking. I'm currently reading through Modernist Cuisine, and I like how the authors describe the science of cooking, and through learning this, you can pick up on why certain things are added to recopies or why things taste the way they do. If you can learn all of that, you're at least knowledgeable enough to cook almost anything. The thing is then putting it into practice though, but with time you'll get good enough to make some very delicious and impressive dishes.

>be old school
>granma taught some basics
>learn on my own, too
>julia child
>galloping gourmet
>justin wilson
>watch'em all when originally broadcast
>work in restaurants, veggie prep, fryers, grill
>get real job where I can make real $$$
>still love to cook at home

See if you can track down episodes of Good Eats, formerly on the food network. It's somewhat controversial around here but the instructions are detailed and idiot proof

Another good resource is Food Wishes, on youtube. Chef John gives detailed instructions and information.

Beyond that just read a book and try shit out nigga

As dumb as this post tries to be, it's pretty much like this for all self-taught chefs

>put food in pan
>Warm it up
>Eat

Wow so hard

in the kitchen

Don't do this OP, it makes mustard gas

My mom and grandmother taught me some basics. I took home economics in middle school and high school (honestly, it was mostly to get closer to girls, but that shit didn't work out.) where we learned to back and do some cooking among other shit like balancing a check book/managing money, sewing, and shit.

I used the basics to start out making simple meals just to feed myself when I was home alone, and then bought cook books and used recipes I found online to improve upon the basics I knew.

Seriously, if you want to know how to cook pick up some cook books that aren't centered around meme diets and fads. You will learn to cook by following the recipes and thinking about WHY you're doing specific things while cooking.

Cooking ain't fucking hard. You start out by looking up a recipe for a food you think you'll like, and then you follow the recipe TO THE LETTER. If you end up not liking what you made, then there are a few possibilities for what happened:
1. You actually don't like the dish you made despite thinking you would (a.k.a. you're retarded)
2. The recipe's instructions were lacking and you messed up because of it (find a better recipe)
3. The recipe's instructions were correct but you were too retarded to follow them, whether it be through the omission of doing something, doing some stupid thing on top of what you were told or going full retard with changing things up like not having the correct ingredients in the first place
And I'm not talking about the typical Veeky Forums insult level of "retarded", if you fail to follow perfectly sound instructions then you actually are pretty fucking dumb, no joke. Now, after you've made some classic recipes and succeeded at them for a while, you start developing a general knowledge of what kind of stuff you can make happen in a kitchen, and at that point you can start leaving out the instructions and just wing it and make things that suit your tastes best.

If you follow recipes enough you'll get the gist of it. I recommend watching cooking shows in your free time if you really want to begin cooking.

You have to read a book to learn the recipes and then you learn the easier recipes to level up your cooking skill.
Once your cooking skills increase you can unlock harder recipes.

watch good eats or chris kimball's america's test kitchen and make something that looks good to you.
follow the instructions. buy everything you need to. don't half-ass it to make substitutions.
do this until you start thinking "wow looks good, I should make that" and you actually know how to make it without a whole lot of effort.
congrats, you know how to cook.
p.s. don't conflate being a cook with being a chef

I moved out of my parents house when I was 17. Living alone, I ate like shit and lost a bunch of weight.

Eventually I got tired of it and just started making things from recipes, and then tweaking it to how I like it.

The thing that really got me confident with cooking is to just know the direction you want to go. Spice/season accordingly, don't move meat around just let it cook.

Once you have some basics down, start doing your own thing.

Make the same thing over and over until youre good at it. I love fried rice, so i watched some videos and read some guides and now my fried rice is like american chinese restaurant quality. It was fucking trash my first 5 times though but dont give up

Edit: reddit gold?!?!?! I cant believe it Thank you so much guys!!!!!

There's no entry point to learning to cook. It's not like learning to draw, where you need to build up a bunch of fundamental skills before you can draw a person that doesn't look retarded. Any idiot with 0 cooking experience can google a recipe, follow it, and get a dish more or less exactly as intended. If you know what you want to eat, congratulations, that's literally the only first step.

Samefag

I'm 22 years old and am in a relationship with somebody who is a couple decades my senior. Whatever you think the Veeky Forums demographic is you should probably reconsider.

>hey I feel like eating thing
>lookup recipes for thing
>go get ingredients for thing
>follow instructions
Bam you're cooking who'da thunk it
Repeat for same or other recipes/things

Secret sauce is literally big mac sauce without onion

Enjoy your AIDS, faggot.

You can learn to be an amazing cook just with the resources there are online, if you want recommendations you can either start a thread or browse long enough to see what anons share here, browsing Veeky Forums has given me a couple ideas on new things to try
What you can't do is become a celebrity chef because a celebrity chef has been working as a chef every day all day for 20 years, not because he started when he was 15

This guy took ten years to learn how to cook.

Cooking is just multiple variations of cutting, mixing and heating ingredients.

I just google recipes and make them. I've been doing that for years.
Don't be an idiot. Anyone can learn to cook competently. People have been cooking their own meals for centuries.