Why can’t Filipinos into food?

Why can’t Filipinos into food?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i dont know what im looking at. explain yourself OP

It’s called Humba. It’s actually pretty delicious and has tonns of varieties. Only problem is that alot of the picture results you get when searching it is from amateurish cooks who have zero knowledge on presentation which is a problem actually
OP is a faggot

no thats monkey bread

went to phillipines two years ago to a poor region and went to a bunch of different events, food wasn't great. buying a 40 of beer for 40 cents was pretty good, also had this candied banana in a village that was great

DESU, OP is right when saying that the food isn't that great at all.
I mean, what can you expect fro a country that is so poor, they had to elect a president that is a bigger meme than Trump

>they had to elect a president that is a bigger meme than Trump
Duterte is a godsend

because island spic-niggers. Food is great for locals, foreigners can fuck off if you don't like it.

t. island spic-nigger

Looks like spiced fried/sauteed pork belly, I'd eat that.

>they had to elect a president that is a bigger meme than Trump
Here's a voucher for your free helicopter ride, now go stand in the line.

>I mean, what can you expect fro a country that is so poor, they had to elect a president that is a bigger meme than Trump

When did american liberals become so fucking racist and hateful?

That's not filipino. That's 红烧肉

>amateurish cooks who have zero knowledge on presentation
So, Filipinos?

Because of America
No really. America brought utter trash food culture to the Philippines which promotes laziness and lack of ingredient variety. It’s one of the reasons why alot of flips use powdered mixes instead of making broth from basic ingredients. It’s also caused a mentality where flips only cook to fill their stomach instead of cooking something that is tasteful
Which is quite depressing. There are heaps of amazing dishes in the provinces which are almost unheard of made by people who cook with patience and know how to present it. Instead, nice dishes which are made pretty mediocre by the majority is promoted.
Great example is adobo. Most flips overuse the soy sauce and only mix it with vinegar, garlic, pepper corn and bay leaves. However it’s best if you add some ground turmeric, pinch of brown sugar, pork/chicken broth, some chilies and also marinate the meat for a few hours before cooking. Star anise is also used by some to give more flavor. The result is far better and tastier than the commonly bland adobo most Veeky Forums posters seem to despise

Post gross Pinoy cooking

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY

Yes. 6/10 flips are garbage chefs and get overly butthurt if you criticize their shitty cooking.
Humba is pretty tasty but the presentation look very unappetizing most of the time

Stop posting this. This is just a clueless millennial who thinks it’s good to use burger cheddar for carbonara

Ah, yes...pasta carbonara...a traditional Filipino dish cooked for centuries

I couldn't give less fucks about presentation if the food is made well and tasty.

>what is a melting pot culture

calm down Chen

holy fuck ahahaha as a flip i nearly choked on my balut laughing at your post. Do you think America is to blame for the food we voluntarily purchase with our own money? I mean really if you wanted to play the blame game at least point fingers at the Spainards who introduced siesta culture to already laid back asian islanders.

i speak from experience not just from myself but from my family, extended family, and barangay that when it comes to cooking flips just choose to not give a shit. Some food are cheap, quick, easy, and relatively delicious to our simple palate so it gets us by. It's not done to please foreigners. You westerns and obsesion with international guilt is truly staggering

>white guilt
>i'm a flip
Oh look, another /pol/tard LARPer.

you wish I was larping

They can't imitate LatAm foods correctly.

He’s not wrong. People use condensed milk, sinigang and tocino mixes, and alot of unnecessary sugar in street food. You see plenty of mediocre pizza and burger shops along the street, and we’re the only hispanicized/asian country that has spaghetti on our palette
And all this has roots to Americanization. The common Latin American use much more spices in their dishes than the common Filipino

The problem is Flips, not usually the food itself. But flips sometimes have the worst creativity in making new dishes, which is why I get pissed of when a mix of pigs brain, vinegar and soysauce fried in a wok pan and eaten with rice is considered a street delicacy in Cebu. I mean come on, use some imagination with more ingredients than the over used vinegar, soy sauce

lol show most americans the ridiculous, sugary garbage that filipinos make and they will fucking gag

yfw I am literally drinking vinegar with my veggie lumpia.

Filipinos can't cook for the same reason they can't do anything. They're a willfully backwards and anti-progress culture that praises ignorance and stupidity. I'm not even racist, that's just how they are. Watch their TV, go to their dinner parties, and listen to their conversations.

They CHOOSE to be retarded. It's SEXY to them.

>lumpia

You mean eggrolls?

>humba

>you mean braised pork belly?

>longanisa

You mean sweet sausage?

There's literally nothing unique or interesting about Filipino """food."""

it's a chicken-or-egg question between its flip kitchen laziness that made them adopt even worse Americanized culinary traits or its Americanized culinary traits that complimented flip kitchen laziness further

but there no denying that flips have chosen their fate and enjoy their damn food

I went to a predominantly Filipino school when I was a kid and for lunch fucking all of them were eating some variation or rice, pork, chicken or beef and always had the latest processed snacks like donkaroos or chocolate rice krispy stuff for dessert. Literally nothing else.

centuries of inbreeding

This is a contemporary take on an aged dish which has gone out of style. If anything I'd say the ethnic influence has made the dish more appealing!

>I mean, what can you expect fro a country that is so poor, they had to elect a president that is a bigger meme than Trump
France?

Because Flips only barely qualify as humans.

Philippines is less inbred than Japan and China
Haha! Ebic! XD
We truly need a culinary revolution. I envy the muzzies who has preserved their Malay style of cooking.

Flip here who lived in the US most of his life but has lived in/visited the Philippines on numerous occasions. The meat and produce is legitimately better quality there since even as a shithole country they have better conditions for their animals, ie sun and space to move. The pork is especially good compared to the US. It's darker and more flavorful, but a tougher. Also not injected with water like the kikes at the meat factories do to gain 2% in weight or whatever the fuck they do to jew you. Beef isn't as prevalent there though, and as such, their beef game is kinda shitty.

That being said I don't like most of the traditional dishes beyond the pleb shit almost everyone knows about. Tinola and tocino are probably the lesser known things that I like and would recommend. And all tocino needs is sugar and salt.

>And all tocino needs is sugar and salt.

Why do nazis think that "I'm no racist, you're the racist!" is a valid argument?

>lumpia
>humba
>longanisa
>only things Filipino palette can offer

The pinnacle of a brainlet

He’s right though

Palate. Sue your english teacher
No U, butter emails

because it's the mutt of otherfoods.

Filipino food is crap, they brag about it because there is nothing else to enjoy in the country. They are also big pussies to spices.