I just found out about this...

I just found out about this. Seems like it's just going to piss off customers and screw over drivers and is just a dumb idea overall. Anyone know anything more about it?

dominos is fucking garbage why do you even care.

Is it a fuck up or are they upping the minimum on random (or selected) people to see if anyone notices

How would that possibly screw over drivers?

Probably trying to see if they can get away with it without driving customers away.

He's retarded. Delivering a measly $10 worth of food is what screws over drivers

People will be ordering from other places, or tipping less.

Say an order normally costs $15, customer pays with a $20 and lets the driver keep the rest as a tip. Now it costs $16, customer still pays with a $20 and now the driver gets a $4 tip instead of $5. That adds up.

so glad i don't order or deliver food or eat dominos in general

>Tips
Degenerate Americans making a living off begging. In other countries, there is a % service charge built into the pricing. Get with the times.

This. Who cares if the worst pizza delivery place is upping fees. You shouldn't be buying their "food" in the first place.

>t. pizza driver

imagine even giving a fuck

Wow, such an original post.

I suppose next you will demand we take in more refugees huh?

They've legitimately gotten a LOT better in the last 3 or 4 years or so.
Obviously it's not going to be better than that good local place you order from, but it's what I order when I need 4 or 5 pizzas and I can't get them from Sam's Club.

To me it seems like a trial basis, like they want to see how it impacts the bottom line before deciding to keep it. It could be they have a contractual reason with an IT or credit card vendor that has a per order charge type billing, and until that contract expires or they can renegotiate it, they're not willing to take a monetary loss.

Just guess though, I dunno.

Fuck that, Domino's thin crust blows Pizza Hut and Papa John's out of the water. If they had meatballs as a topping they'd be my go-to. All delivery charges are bullshit though. They're just a scam so that management can lie to you and tell you that $15 pizza is only $12.

I can't wait for fully automated pizza delivery in the next 10 years. Cost of the car is offset by not having to pay the equivalent of $15/hr for some highschool dropout

Too bad that they'll strictly be a super-rare novelty for decades to come. Stores only pay their drivers $2/ hour. It doesn't make a lick of sense to spend all that money on a car that expensive. Plus consider maintenance. Drivers can be fired and replaced at will.

If the tip is built in how is that any better you literal cuck? At least Americans have a choice.

Guys, it's not the delivery charge that's changing, it's the minimum order required for delivery. They've realized it's retarded to send a driver out for a $10 order

>Breaking NDA
You are fucking stupid OP. Hope you lose your shitty pizza job.

Yep, OP needs to learn to read.

In California everywhere has to pay at least minimum wage, no matter if they get tips or not. Right now minimum wage is $11/hr, going up $1/yr to $15/hr in 2022.
Delivery drivers and other tipped positions are making fucking bank right now, easily $25+ an hour.

I don't understand how it is confidential if you are supposed to tell customers who ask about it. Secrets don't work if you tell them.

If they ask they already noticed so there's no point in trying to keep it secret.

Automated delivery is shit tier future tech. Printable pizzas put uberpizza out of business.

This is no different than comcast changing your modem rental from $5.95 a month to $8.95, without notice, for no fucking reason at all except that they want to make more money. They put this out to help prime the front lines with a script to give a half-assed explanation or, if worse comes to worse, provide a way for the customer to avoid the increased rate and at the same time imply that this will be the new norm for online orders

Millennials will inexplicitly pay a premium to avoid talking on the phone and dominos is cashing in on it

>thinks they would deliver with self-driving cars.

They could deliver pizzas even faster with drones. Within 20 years cheap drones will be effectively disposable like a walmart cell phone or something, so it wont even be a considerable cost if some punks try to crash one.

>They're just a scam so that management can lie to you and tell you that $15 pizza is only $12.
This is true and is only done by bottom tier scummy pizza joints. Decent places just give you a minimum order amount, which is usually just the cost of a medium.