Okay fuckers, what DIY chocolate milk is better?

Okay fuckers, what DIY chocolate milk is better?

Hershey's syrup
Nesquick

Vote in this poll.

strawpoll.me/15075383 (embed)

>(embed)

It's barely DIY....

The powder is tastier, for some reason. I think it has less sugar and that makes it more refreshing.

Why not make your own chocolate syrup though? Use unbleached or demerara sugar or that mexican piloncillo. Use real vanilla bean or extract.

Just a heads up for fellow Nestle fans:

Nestle had three powdered cocoa versions up til about a year and a half./two years ago:

The classic flavor
The 'vitamin enriched' flavor which tastes like Ovaltine
The 'no sugar added' version.

Sadly, the classic flavor powder has been discontinued and now is only available as the Nestle syrup. I much preferred the powder.

I discovered this when I pitched a bitch to them about them changing their goddam packaging every six minutes so I have to stare and screw my eyes at all the new designs every goddam time I went shopping and had to spend an extra 5 minutes trying to figure out wth version I was the one I wanted. They constantly whore their packaging design to media promotions for this movie or that cartoon, and change the design color, brand image, font and wording to boot, making it difficult to deduce which was the flavor style you wanted.

So sadly, I cant recommend any Nestle powder for hot cocoa anymore. The original powder was perfect, but the same formula as syrup dilutes the contents too much such that when you add milk, you can never get the potency you once did. I have no idea why they did it, probably as competition in price points as the raw cocoa market as been a little high in recent years.

So if you think you can manage they syrup for hot cocoa, go for it, but it simply wont be as strong as the original powder. I have no experience with their Hot Cocoa packets.

They finally turned me to Swiss Miss, which I discovered was good if a bit sweet. The Swiss Miss Extra Rich is very good. Still, I miss that old Nestle original powder.

And screw Hersheys. Fine for topping, not really suited for chocolate drinks. Even McDonalds' has less of a chemical after taste.

I dont knock their market. If people buy it, then theres a demand. But Hersheys is to chocolate what Velveeta is to cooking cheddar. They both have legitimately unique markets. But there's chocolate, and then there's Hersheys chocolate food products.

Also, the original flavor in the syrup is still good for chocolate milk, just not *as* good, since youre getting extra water content that you didnt get with the powder.

As for their remaining powder, thats a matter of taste. Both are better than Hersheys, but neither is as good as the original powder. The syrup comes close to the original powder, but just doesn't get there.

So in my universe, the best chocolate milk is extinct. There was something in their original powder blend I just cant replicate. I always suspected they put a pinch of cinnamon in their powdered original version. I grew up with it, and I'll likely never taste that particular blend again.

Granko

After February 20th 2018, all embed and API requests to strawpoll.me must use a secure connection (https).

>make your own chocolate syrup
this board is so fucking autistic

*blocks ur path*

>sperging this much over a child's dessert

>embed

I kek'd i must admit.

This one, user

>Mfw someone drinks premade chocolate milk near me.

ovaltine

This. Goddam it's comfiest thing ever, even if it isn't chocolate.

Question: Does the hershey syrup have the same revolting taste as the bars?

right here nigga

Not a 56%boi so I can't actually confirm it but I'd say probably not as the vomit flavour in Hershey's chocolate comes from the lipolyzed milk which produces butyric acid, one of the things that gives vomit its characteristic odour.

(((Flavored syrup)))

This senpai

*sends dick pic*

This combo is god tier. No other can compare. Bow down to Bosco superiority, plebs.

>slave labor chocolate
or
>slave labor chocolate
Real tough decision there, OP.

Wait Bosco is real? I thought Seinfeld just made that shit up??

winner

I use Benco occasionally, mixes up well with cold milk in a cup blender.

I'd much prefer to buy cold water soluble Cocoa powder though, so I could just add my own sugar or sweetener. They don't sell that stuff in retail though.

sugarless cocoa powder

>the same formula as syrup dilutes the contents too much

reverse the autism of
and dehydrate the syrup back into powder

wtfamireading.jpg

I like this one, it's pretty tasty

>He's never had vanilla milk
Missing out

>vanilla milk
racist

Could you not find the ingredients list online and see if it lists cinnamon? Also what do you think of a Starbucks hot chocolate?

my mom used to make this for me and called it special milk

basically milk, vanilla extract, confectioners sugar

Pics of mom or didn't happen

that was like 30 years ago...

Add another one for ovaltine

Filtered

So?

The milk was special because the milk came from her titties user

I need to try this. Morinage makes quality.